Tunisian/Arab Male Mentality

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by TunisiaMoon, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Beansontoast

Beansontoast Moderator Staff Member

Male chauvinistic piglets

And I would like to ask one........

"If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead already?"
    -

2. Beansontoast

otherwise Casper......don,t be so awfully insulting to the Tunisian males !!!!!

DragonZest and tunisiasun like this.
  3. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

Don't be so chauvanistic. It's ALL males lol... not just tunisian ones :rolleyes:

Munki likes this.
  4. marylou

marylou Tigerlils favourite

hahahahahaha

5. tigerlil

tigerlil Moderator Staff Member

I think Beanz is enjoying this thread...Get it all off your chest girl!!!!

DragonZest likes this.
  6. Beansontoast

No................................I didn,t write that

7. Beansontoast

but it was a ages ago

8. maddy

maddy Member

they are all drama queens. there way or not at all.

9. Ariel

Ariel Under the Sea Staff Member

Looks like you copied and pasted it - different font. Anyway, how can you remember it was last October!!

10. NatalieNat

NatalieNat Well-Known Member

whats that about shouting and Tunisian men... can't get used to it :confused:

Judithlyn and sad sad girl2 like this.
  11. once-more

once-more Well-Known Member

Well, they talk often really, really loud - when my hubby is talking on skype, I can hear him even in the backyard, while mucking out the horsestable;-) But as soon as he switches to german, he stops talking so agitated and loud. I don't know, what it is about - its just their behaviour from young on I guess? I had to learn, that its not automatically bad or angry meant, if he talks or shoutes around;-))) But I know exactly what you mean. As I couldn't understand anything at my first visit at his home, I was 2 weeks asking myself, if they just start to fight or if anything is still ok:)

12. Amber

Amber oo la la ;)

Funny how we are all different !I find it easier to get used to this way of "natural loud" talking , and could actually enjoy it sometimes, than to the physical distance and all the rules about how to behave as a woman ...it is so "anti natural" to prevent oneself from any expression of tenderness in public for me even if very decent ...how frustrating ...

13. BellyDancer

BellyDancer Well-Known Member

loud when angry.....loud when happy...... just loud in general ..... unless they are sulking....... then moan & whinge usually quietly .......... then ooooooh .... back to being loud......................

14. sad sad girl2

sad sad girl2 Well-Known Member

May be it's connected with some natural differences we all have?? I noticed that my voice sounds absolutely different when I am talking in different languages, and I sound completely different when I'm talking in my Mother's language...and even my emotions change..when we non -western european people speak in west-european languages, we become more calm....and I also have heard that people from the Middle East and Asia say that when they talk in English, for example, they become more polite...

Browning, marilyna, Amber and 4 others like this.
  15. Beansontoast

and I am always getting told off for shouting...and I ,m not, I think I am a bit deaf.

16. Ariel

Ariel Under the Sea Staff Member

Pardon? :D

17. NatalieNat

NatalieNat Well-Known Member

hehehe :)

18. Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle 'Don't call me Darling!' Mod Staff Member

I haven't heard the Tunisian men being loud -- I always hear it from the women! I swear they all must have cotton balls stuffed in their ears to make them speak so loudly! :eek:;)

Caro C.D., Browning, NetNiet and 2 others like this.
  19. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

I have often, and have asked friends whether the men are actually having a heated argument or is this a normal level of conversation, usually they are just standing on the sidewalks. The reply was that they are just chatting, discussing news etc.

20. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

Yeh that's my experiance as well but not with just the men, like Tunisianbelle I've seen the woman like that as well and jeez, they are scary when in a mood!! :D

The other thing I've noticed is how they express themselves when talking to each other in Arabic. Alot of them use alot of hand gestures, facial expressions, body language etc.....now obviously this isn't just something that only Arabs do, all people do this when talking but I find that they do it even more so when talking Arabic compared to when I talk to my friends in English. Also noticed the amount of expressions etc seem to die down when they are talking other languages.

A bit hard to describe so I hope you understand my meaning.

EDIT: They are very animated, more so than in other cultures that I've noticed....that's what I ment!!

21. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

More animated except for maybe Italians oh boy can they ever gesticulate- Mamma Mia....:D French people talk with their hands, we had some friends we used to tease we would tie their hands together lol. Actually my son and Grandson do this also but son has to do a lot of talking infront of a crowd and 4year old grandson has to copy of course !
    Suppose those of us that are drama queens all use the whole lot depends if we`re taking the floor ;)

DragonZest and sad sad girl2 like this.
  22. tates

tates Active Member

Just reading this and laughing, mine used to do that, when he was in a mood he was like a sulky baby, all toys out the cot....'Jany, go to sleep'...... erm no i dont want to, in the end had him laughing but its like jekyll and hyde, one min loving the next from something lost in translation, it was like the hulk appearing lol! Ah loved him to bits though!

Judithlyn, ginger, NatalieNat and 3 others like this.
  23. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Blah, I could give any Tunisian (man or woman) a run for their money when it comes to being loud, moody and gesticulating :D

24. sad sad girl2

sad sad girl2 Well-Known Member

Me too..:) I was even said by one rude jerk - my first boss - many years ago that I was laughing like a horse :) It's not true, I'm just very emotioanl and cheerful :) And when my Mom fights with my Granny, it can be heard some 100 metres around at least :)

25. Amber

Amber oo la la ;)

I agree that italian and french men can be much more gesticulating and talking wirh hands! But the moody side ,never saw anything like that ...ever among normal men...unpredictable and really puzzling above all when without notice they think you want to "control"them when you are just spontaneous...you don't understand what you did wrong for an arabic man...they are very proud and easily offensed...but one thing i will never forget and memories i will cherish is their capacity to get up and dance in restaurants and sing above all older men..i used to go to a wonderful restaurant in the corniche area in sousse where there was sometimes a singer with guitar and spent there the best evenings ,only men together singing and dancing with table towels like belly dancers would but in a very decent way .They have this marvellous capacity as children to have and make fun out of nothing and share good times...with respect. Older men really behave differently and i find it most charming.

Mango Chutney, tates, sparkle and 5 others like this.