Tunisian/Arab Male Mentality

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by TunisiaMoon, Oct 8, 2011.

1. sad sad girl2

sad sad girl2 Well-Known Member

I'm totally agree about the moody side of the Tunisian men...I have never met anyone like him, and I hope that I will never meet someone as moody as he is....I even started to attack him first because his mood was chaniging so fast that I even didn't get it in some moments, and I translated silence from his side as being offended, so in order to protect myself, I just started to confront and explain .....then he used to say that I exploded about nothing and that he even didn't finish his phrase... I was feeling guilty about EVERYTHING since the moment I woke up...He was the biggest master ever at making me feeling guilty...

2. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

Agree with all you have written Amber, I have seen this also dancing spontaneously in many music cafes....yes a fun maybe childlike take on humour. I wouldn`t try to understand them in other ways lol

DragonZest, Amber and sad sad girl2 like this.
  3. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

But you never met him at all :confused:
    I find it really bizarre that someone can be moody on a computer with a person they haven't even met. Why on earth did you continue to chat with him?

4. sad sad girl2

It was not on the computer:) We have never chatted there with the help of the video chat...we were chatting on MSN and FB at the beginning, then on the phone for hours - on Skype and Viber...when you talk to somebody for hours - it was definitely more than I have ever talked to anyone in my life - you feel like you are living together on the net..in fact we weren't in touch only when we were sleeping..but the rest of the time we communicated - each hour at least we got some information about each other....It sounds insane, I know :) Why I did this? I can't find any answer to this question untill now....I was in love first of all and the second reason - I was truly interested in what he was telling because he is a clever guy..and why I continued to talk to him? Well, I was hoping that he was loving me for real and he will do finally waht he was supposed to do - I was expecting him to get a stable job, get a travel visa or at least to go to one of the 2 countries where he didn't need a visa - Serbia or Turkey, because sorry, but I don't think that a woman should go to meet a man...I'm very old fashioned in these things, but Im sure that if a man is in love or he wants to meet a woman, he should go..Im not used to make men's lives easy....

Caro C.D. and sparkle like this.
  5. sad sad girl2

And he got a stable job finally, but as I wrote here in the thread Army, he refused to sign the contract because he was afraid that his status will be changed from the student to the servant....But as I was explained here, stable jobs mean stable income and the possibility to pay yourself out of the Army...but this guy wanted all in one - he wanted to have money, not to sign the contract, not to pay himself out of the Army, not to go anywhere...and at the same time he wanted me to come...sorry, but I don't play these games...Many women who are here met their rats while they were resting on a holiday in Tunisia...it is the one category...and there is the second one - when you meet him on the net and rush to meet him in his country...I almost fell in this category because I bought the trip already to Tunisia...They fool us with this story about not being able to go anywhere, butit is not true - they can go to 2 countries without any visa, and they can get a travel visa if they try hard, but my guy didn't want to try hard for me...

Marion, marilyna, Galadriel and 3 others like this.
  6. sad sad girl2

You know, BrownGirl, all people different...you can meet people in different ways, I admit that what I did was slightly insane, but I have always been a romantic dreamer, and films like The Lakehouse made me wonder - what if I can meet someone in this strange way...remember, the main hero in that film says - she was more real for me than anyone I have met? It was the same for me, it was real, it was love, it was everything for me and it hurts as much as the real relationship...

Kristy and lyndal anton like this.
  7. Kirstyo

Kirstyo Well-Known Member

NO just bang their heads against the wall!!!!!!!!

8. Kirstyo

I did a really loud burp while walking past a male cafe full of Tunisian men once....man it was loud LOL my man went bright red the men in the cafe smiles from ear to ear

9. Kirstyo

I hear ya I swicth off all the time, he just bought these bright red old man style shorts my son wont stop laughing lol....husband is sick today he comes to the dinner table moaning and pulling faces like he has broken something which made me ask what is wrong he says I have fever ohhhhhhh wa wa wa.....for the last 5 days i have had gastro but I still managed to cook clean do laundry slower then usual but I managed, he washes the dishes if he remembers

marilyna likes this.
  10. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

does happen to me, bt we know each other. im a real crabby...;-(

11. Ranya

Ranya Member

I think that it's important for arabic man that other people don't think bad about them. Their image is important.
    They got a big ego and their pride means a lot to them. That's why they pretend to be very strong and almost never show their weakness. If they do it it's because they're playing the victim and take advantage of girls that are understanding. So actually they are very weak and this results in egocentric, jealous and aggressive behavior.
    They will choose their pride above love. If he can keep his pride and let love go he would do it. If he doesn't it's because he's interested in something else like money or visa.
    They like girls that are difficult, so getting them is challenging.
    They don't like easy girls because they believe that if a girls easy to them she will probably be easy to other man. They also see it as a challene if they get a difficult girl because it makes his ego bigger.

Marion and Amber like this.
  12. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

spot on:D

Judithlyn likes this.
  13. ExNorway

ExNorway Well-Known Member

Wonderful !
    Greeks mostly seam ~ from my humble opinion ~ to have some pride in them self and self respect !
    And they may be ( have been womanizers/ kamasakis), but not in the extreemly calculating manner of a T rat!
    The CALCULATION of it all is part of my definition of a rat and add up childish, egocentric, stubborn and after a while the ability to make you say yes blue is red. Manipulation is their first name.
    Italians I have no knowledge of lol.

Amber likes this.
  14. tates

tates Active Member

EEEk, married an italian...nightmare!

Amira and ExNorway like this.
  15. Marion

Marion New Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THANK U!!!!!!! I wasn't sure if it was their culture or just his personality!!!

16. Marion

Marion New Member

Right onnnn

Judithlyn likes this.
  17. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

naanoo's

18. WitchHazel

WitchHazel Well-Known Member

It's like they are on their period 24/7

Judithlyn and Rachel 9 like this.