Tunisian law on Tunisian men marrying older foreign women in Tunisia

Etoyoc

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I did find to my suprise that some "arabic" countries do, in fact, forbid large age gap marriages. This can be (of course) overrruled with money (large age gap tax?), though, but per se, such restrictions are real.

In Tunisia there are no such laws, though - however, I heard about a law in the making that will restrict people under 21 to leave the country when being married to a foreigner. Maybe this shall stop the exporting of young tunisian girls to their tunisian husbands in Europe, maybe it shall make sure that the men can be caught in time for the military, no idea. :)

S

sianperkins89

Actually, I did find to my suprise that some "arabic" countries do, in fact, forbid large age gap marriages. This can be (of course) overrruled with money (large age gap tax?), though, but per se, such restrictions are real.

In Tunisia there are no such laws, though - however, I heard about a law in the making that will restrict people under 21 to leave the country when being married to a foreigner. Maybe this shall stop the exporting of young tunisian girls to their tunisian husbands in Europe, maybe it shall make sure that the men can be caught in time for the military, no idea. :)
well lets hope they soon make a rule in yemen and places like that where an old guy can marry a girl that has just started puberty! theres no rules on that, that should be worried about first before 20/30/40 year age gaps between tunisian guys and old european ladies. at the end of the day (sorry 2 use that phrase haha) they are both adults and can make their own decisions but a child cannot in that situation... :rolleyes:

and in regards to this thread....the guy is lying! there is no such law, and if there is...it has never been inforced. :(

B

Black Mamba

Anybody got any idea what countries "forbid large age gap marriages" ?
Nope, didnt even hear about that in Europe LOL

in Tunisia, you cant get married if you're under 17 so I dont know.

Tunisianbelle

'Don't call me Darling!' Mod
That's not necessarily true blue. In countries where they do allow young brides, they usually have stipulations about not having intercourse until the bride is a certain age. Those marriages can sometimes go years without consummation, yet under their laws, they are legal.

B

Black Mamba

JJ, that's almost like slavery, people are so brown substance

Tunisianbelle

'Don't call me Darling!' Mod
It is very stupid, but it happens. And it can be found in all countries, in all religions all over the world.

T

tunisblue

That's not necessarily true blue. In countries where they do allow young brides, they usually have stipulations about not having intercourse until the bride is a certain age. Those marriages can sometimes go years without consummation, yet under their laws, they are legal.
lol tbelle, i was just throwing in some trouble:D

Etoyoc

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody got any idea what countries "forbid large age gap marriages" ?
The former peoples democratic republic of Yemen, for example, limited the maximum age difference to 20 years. In Egypt, the difference is set to 25 years (to prevent rich old arabic men to marry young girls from lower classes) - there is an exempt possible (payments).

Etoyoc

Administrator
Staff member
In Yemen, the minimum age for marriage has been set to 17 years now. Officially, each perpetrator will be fined with 1 year prison.

While this is correct, in the arabic world, the "sex age" is considered to take place latest when the girls first period occurs - or when she reaches the age of nine, because that has been the example of Mohammed (I assume that all the followers of his good examples will strictly follow the other good examples too, as, for example, using for travels only camels and utilize sand to clean after defecation).

Usually, a testimony of a physician is required as well to confirm the girl is physically "mature" to marry (like you need a certificate of health when marrying, we all know, though, in what way many of them are issued eg. in Tunisia...) - such certificates have been issued after the revolution Iran even for 7 year old girls.

Ayatollah Khomeini (Iran) issued this fatwa:
"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual acts such as foreplay, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."

B

Black Mamba

That's bloody stupid and sickening!

Basically treating women like livestock!

S

sianperkins89

Ayatollah Khomeini (Iran) issued this fatwa:
"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual acts such as foreplay, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."
thats f-ing sick!
'permanently damaged!' even not physically im sure she would be mentally damaged having a hairy old perv 5 times the size of her rolling about on top of her all night. REVOLTING!

Reactions: ijs
B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

Hi All, I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

My friend is a 65 year old female. She has a 25 year old Tunisian boyfriend. She met him in Tunisia on holiday in Tunisia and has been there 3 times in total. She wants to be with him. He wants to be with her.

He is telling her they cannot be together in Tunisia as there is a law which bans Tunisian men from marrying any foreigner who is more than 10 years older than them.

He is also telling her that there is a law that if Tunisian me have sexual relationships with foreign women who are 10 years or more older than them, that they can be put in prison if the police find out that they are a couple.

My question is this: Is there any truth that there is a law stopping Tunisian men from marrying foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia, or a law that stops Tunisian men from having a relationship (girlfriend) with a foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia?

Thanks
Hi only me,

I read your post a few days ago now but I wanted to ask my husband first before replying to make sure I had my facts straight....

First off, he says there is NO law regarding age gap marriages/relationships between anyone in Tunisia, whether both the couple are Tunisian, or one European, American etc, in fact, in Tunisia, its rather common for there to be some sort of age gap between husband and wife (usually the husband being the elder)

Second, sex before marriage is not ILLEGAL but it's frowned upon, as it is written in the Koran its not allowed, just as it says in the bible.....

There is nothing stopping your friend and her boyfriend having sexual relations, nor living together while she visits.... and they are more than entitled to be married....

HOWEVER, my husband says that the chances of this guy being a RAT are pretty high, even he sensed it!

There is also nothing which states they need assets in order to obtain a visa. There may be something like this in place for those applying for fiance/visitor visas to ensure they return home once its expired, but for a spousal (settlement) visa no assets are needed.

My husband had no assets when we met, married and got the visa...he worked and had his wage, nothing else. No house, no car, no business etc

Sounds to me (and everyone else has already said this) but im afraid your friend has fallen for a rat, and a big one at that.

From the sounds of what your saying, he isnt looking for a way out of tunisia....otherwise he would be asking her to marry him....my bet is he has a tunisian fiance/wife, hence telling your friend their relationship needs to be kept secret and he cant sleep with her/marry her etc and hes looking for money (hence him saying he needs assets etc)

You may find some of the stories posted by "just me" in the blogs section very helpful...stories of girls who have been conned out of money to buy houses for their "boyfriends" and wifes/children etc

I hope your friend is wise enough to take your advice and doesnt get bitten by this rat! Your post was on 30th August so im hoping there have been some developments since then? xx

I

intrigued09

I would be interested to know the outcome of this post also I agree with becky (i think that was the right person) he just wants assets and then he can get on with his tunisian life with a tunisian wife/girlfriend!!

You have to say though this guy has some morals, he is using an eexcuse to not have sex with her so he doesnt cheat on his tunisian partner LOL

manzousa

Hmm, lets see here... He says they can't get married (or at least it has to be a "secret" marriage) and he won't be able to leave the country to be with her unless he has (as in she buys him) a nice piece of land or a load of cash in the bank....hmmm....RAT!!! I'm new to this stuff, but that's one I haven't heard.
Another thing is that some of these guys listen to too many of their friends... so really don't have a clue but "Zied said this... or Mourad said that".... so he could just be really misinformed but probably a RAT... just doesn't want to be with this woman... just wants for her to get him out of Tunisia (if you have a friend who is younger I could marry so that I could go and be there with you instead).... Rat Rat Rat... lol

I hope that your friend doesn't get too hurt... When I was in Tunisia in May... the hotel we stayed at there was this older woman who was with this very young man.... he was dressed in the best clothes (she probably bought)... they always had bottles of wine with dinner... and then he would leave her alone... and she would look so miserable... sad... but even when he was with her he never looked like he really wanted to be with her. Would not walk close to her... would not hold her hand and didn't even seem to smile or talk to her much... It was pretty clear he was just using her and a big fat rat!

B

Becky*Walid*Saleem*Sara

Another thing is that some of these guys listen to too many of their friends... so really don't have a clue but "Zied said this... or Mourad said that".... so he could just be really misinformed but probably a RAT... just doesn't want to be with this woman... just wants for her to get him out of Tunisia (if you have a friend who is younger I could marry so that I could go and be there with you instead).... Rat Rat Rat... lol

I hope that your friend doesn't get too hurt... When I was in Tunisia in May... the hotel we stayed at there was this older woman who was with this very young man.... he was dressed in the best clothes (she probably bought)... they always had bottles of wine with dinner... and then he would leave her alone... and she would look so miserable... sad... but even when he was with her he never looked like he really wanted to be with her. Would not walk close to her... would not hold her hand and didn't even seem to smile or talk to her much... It was pretty clear he was just using her and a big fat rat!
Aww poor woman :huh: What a rat! :mad:

G

Guess_Who

Am sorry but I have to agree................an age gap of 40 years is just wrong. FFS she is old enough to be his Grandmother!!!

B

Barbwire

Hi All, I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

My friend is a 65 year old female. She has a 25 year old Tunisian boyfriend. She met him in Tunisia on holiday in Tunisia and has been there 3 times in total. She wants to be with him. He wants to be with her.

He is telling her they cannot be together in Tunisia as there is a law which bans Tunisian men from marrying any foreigner who is more than 10 years older than them.

He is also telling her that there is a law that if Tunisian me have sexual relationships with foreign women who are 10 years or more older than them, that they can be put in prison if the police find out that they are a couple.

My question is this: Is there any truth that there is a law stopping Tunisian men from marrying foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia, or a law that stops Tunisian men from having a relationship (girlfriend) with a foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia?

Thanks
:ben: OK!

S

sammi

This guy is lying probably just wants to fleece your friend for what he can get,,,,, with out getting invovled.another 1 of those sad storys that give tunissian men bad names.... But in fairness to tunissians,,, i cant understand why so many older mature ladys go to tunissia looking for young men i think its a great age gap your friend has with this guy..... What about hes future kids ect,,,,, its doomed to fail from the start any person with common sence can see that,,,,,sorry if this sounds harsh but ive seen so many older ladies get fleeced and i ask myself why do it in the first place,,,,.and why dont they find a younger guy in england the answer is because its not excepted and theres very few english 25yrs olds that would go with a woman old enough to be his grand mother,,,, please wake up ,,,,these young guys pray on older women to get money which goes to help there familys sad but true and unfortunatly if your nieve enough to think a 45year age gap is going to work more fool you...

F

Fleur

Sammi, its those two words, COMMON SENSE, we need to get a grip off. I will be the first to put my hands up and say, it went out the window when I met Mr Rat, now I have it in bags fulls so be warned you Ratty Tunisians...ha haaa