Tunisian law on Tunisian men marrying older foreign women in Tunisia

S

sammi

i have been informed that the british embassy will not grant visas if there is an age gap of more than 15 yrs,,,,,,,,BUT you can still marry in tunissia and live there with your husband BUT,,,,,,the british embassy will not grant you a visa to live in the uk...if there is a 15yrs age gap,,,,,,

paula01

i have been informed that the british embassy will not grant visas if there is an age gap of more than 15 yrs,,,,,,,,BUT you can still marry in tunissia and live there with your husband BUT,,,,,,the british embassy will not grant you a visa to live in the uk...if there is a 15yrs age gap,,,,,,
[/I]ve never heard of that one before and cant see that being true. Who informed you?

C

Caramel

Me neither. Is this a new requirement? Surely human rights would come into this? You know how they go on about human rights being abused.

W

WouldI

I heard this rumour a couple of years ago - and that's all it turned out to be. Needless to say it was something some Tunisian guy had heard from his cousin whose friend's donkey had told him :ben:

paula01

I heard this rumour a couple of years ago - and that's all it turned out to be. Needless to say it was something some Tunisian guy had heard from his cousin whose friend's donkey had told him :ben:
:rofl2:Thought so :ben:

B

bunsia

I know for a fact that a Tune married to a British woman more than 15 years older than him was granted a visa very recently. So, this law is certainly not in effect this week. ;)

S

sammi

like all things in tunissia was discussed but never happened...Mmmmmm will check my source....... sorry if this is wrong info....:blush::D

C

Caramel

Always check official sources when you hear a rumour. Chinese whisper, etc?

I think the Embassy probably gives the older woman a harder time but she will always get through as she is usually settled financially, with a house etc. Thats why they are good targets for rats as its easy for them to get their visas, and usually that is what they are after.

T

tinypipin

no there is no law.on.on age.i am married to a tunisian.and i know a women who is with a tunisian man.25 years younger than him and living here in tunisia and not married yet.so ur friends b/f is tellng big big porkis.

D

DragonZest

no there is no law.on.on age.i am married to a tunisian.and i know a women who is with a tunisian man.25 years younger than him and living here in tunisia and not married yet.so ur friends b/f is tellng big big porkis.
This was about age differences causing a problem for tunisian's getting a visa to the UK, not about law or anything hun.

Bella

Rat Expert
This was about age differences causing a problem for tunisian's getting a visa to the UK, not about law or anything hun.
Ok, i hold my hands up and admit i cant be arsed readin this whole thread but ................ does it cause problems???

D

DragonZest

Ok, i hold my hands up and admit i cant be arsed readin this whole thread but ................ does it cause problems???
Basically, the visa application gets more scrutinised by UK border force. Doesn't mean they won't get it just means you need to have good proof of the relationship

K

Ahhhh i see, thats fair enough x
Another thing don't lie on your application bcz if they find something thats not quite right they will dig and dig.
Anyway i will help you with all that xx

Bella

Rat Expert
Interesting info i just read on wiki:

At age 25, Muhammad wed his wealthy employer, the 40-year-old merchant Khadijah. This marriage, his first, would be both happy and monogamous; Muhammad would rely on the wealthy Khadijah in many ways, until her death 25 years later

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Interesting info i just read on wiki:

At age 25, Muhammad wed his wealthy employer, the 40-year-old merchant Khadijah. This marriage, his first, would be both happy and monogamous; Muhammad would rely on the wealthy Khadijah in many ways, until her death 25 years later
It is true. In Islam she is called the mother of all believers because she was Mohammed's first wife. But there were several after her. Khadija asked Mohammed to marry her. It was after she hired him and he made her a lot of money that she felt she finally found someone worthy of her affections and attentions.

Khadija is also the world's first Muslim, having been the first to convert after the revelations to the prophet Mohammed.

Although I get where this is going and what it shows, it's still culturally uncommon in most Muslim countries for a Muslim man to marry a woman older than himself by a large margin. It does happen though and there have been happy marriages that resulted, but it's not the norm.

Bella

Rat Expert
It is true. In Islam she is called the mother of all believers because she was Mohammed's first wife. But there were several after her. Khadija asked Mohammed to marry her. It was after she hired him and he made her a lot of money that she felt she finally found someone worthy of her affections and attentions.

Khadija is also the world's first Muslim, having been the first to convert after the revelations to the prophet Mohammed.

Although I get where this is going and what it shows, it's still culturally uncommon in most Muslim countries for a Muslim man to marry a woman older than himself by a large margin. It does happen though and there have been happy marriages that resulted, but it's not the norm.
Lol yes i know, M mentioned this because i was worried about his family etc.... and said that he mentioned the above to his family...... i just didnt know if he was saying this to make me feel better so went to do some research lol

M

memyself&i

Lol yes i know, M mentioned this because i was worried about his family etc.... and said that he mentioned the above to his family...... i just didnt know if he was saying this to make me feel better so went to do some research lol
Wow he's a fast worker;) Have you set the wedding date ?

alAzima

What he's said is totally true :)

M

memyself&i

Can't we just play nice? :doh:
Why do I always end up in the brown substance when I post ? Thought this was a forum not a private chat room ?
Do you think I am being nasty ? I'm not:mad:
It sounds to me like a wedding is on the cards. Nothing more nothing less. So I thought I would ask.
And yes I think he's a fast worker if that is the case.
But please these are only "my" thoughts, so whats the problem.

alAzima

Why do I always end up in the brown substance when I post ? Thought this was a forum not a private chat room ?
Do you think I am being nasty ? I'm not:mad:
It sounds to me like a wedding is on the cards. Nothing more nothing less. So I thought I would ask.
And yes I think he's a fast worker if that is the case.
But please these are only "my" thoughts, so whats the problem.
No problem, none at all. I believe Munki and her man have been together for a bit though and visiting one another. If they are only now getting engaged, in my opinion, that's in no way moving fast.