Tunisian law on Tunisian men marrying older foreign women in Tunisia

CUDDLE

Junior Rat Expert
Hi Munki,

you get married when it feels right for you both. Some people have long engagements and others get married within days of meeting, who is to say what is right or wrong.

I hope that whatever you do and whenever you do it that you will be happy... what more than this can we ask for.

Dont forget my invite, i will start stockpiling the booze now haha, or maybe we could import some homebrew lol. xx

Take Care

tigerlil

Ratslayer
Galadriel has some great booze recipes....Whatever and when ever you do Munki dont forget my invite either...I say a TLR hen party is a plan ( only when you are ready though of course) ooh im exicted now ;)

K

Hi Munki,

you get married when it feels right for you both. Some people have long engagements and others get married within days of meeting, who is to say what is right or wrong.

I hope that whatever you do and whenever you do it that you will be happy... what more than this can we ask for.

Dont forget my invite, i will start stockpiling the booze now haha, or maybe we could import some homebrew lol. xx

Take Care
Homebrew yep i can arrange this lol ;)

Bella

Rat Expert
Hi Munki,

Take Care
Lol, take some advice from my famous duty free threads xx

Tiger

Junior Rat Expert
Another thing is that some of these guys listen to too many of their friends... so really don't have a clue but "Zied said this... or Mourad said that".... so he could just be really misinformed but probably a RAT... just doesn't want to be with this woman... just wants for her to get him out of Tunisia (if you have a friend who is younger I could marry so that I could go and be there with you instead).... Rat Rat Rat... lol

I hope that your friend doesn't get too hurt... When I was in Tunisia in May... the hotel we stayed at there was this older woman who was with this very young man.... he was dressed in the best clothes (she probably bought)... they always had bottles of wine with dinner... and then he would leave her alone... and she would look so miserable... sad... but even when he was with her he never looked like he really wanted to be with her. Would not walk close to her... would not hold her hand and didn't even seem to smile or talk to her much... It was pretty clear he was just using her and a big fat rat!
Hi Mourad and Zied sound like familiar to me. Are they from Sousse?

W

WomenBeWise

Hi All, I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

My friend is a 65 year old female. She has a 25 year old Tunisian boyfriend. She met him in Tunisia on holiday in Tunisia and has been there 3 times in total. She wants to be with him. He wants to be with her.

He is telling her they cannot be together in Tunisia as there is a law which bans Tunisian men from marrying any foreigner who is more than 10 years older than them.

He is also telling her that there is a law that if Tunisian me have sexual relationships with foreign women who are 10 years or more older than them, that they can be put in prison if the police find out that they are a couple.

My question is this: Is there any truth that there is a law stopping Tunisian men from marrying foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia, or a law that stops Tunisian men from having a relationship (girlfriend) with a foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia?

Thanks
Normally I don't come onto sites such as these but felt compelled to given the misery that some (not all) Tunisian men heap on foreign women.

So, apologies if some of my words may appear uncaring or harsh but we share the bond of womanhood and I certainly don't want any more women to fall prey to these evil men. I live here and have seen/heard the sort of scams that go on. Also, I have a friend here who not only furnished an entire apartment for a man, but gave him money each week, provided clothing and all household items etc and then he became violent when he was declined a visa to the UK. (Bear in mind also that by not marrying them and denying them visa entry to the UK/other countries you are in fact supporting your home country as these people go mostly to milk the benefit system which I and others have contributed to all their lives.. think on!)

I also had another friend who met a man on-line and dated off and on for almost 3 years. He spun her a tale about being in the military and not being allowed to have a relationship with a foreign woman blah blah blah... and guess what? After he'd milked her of several thousand dinars (after saying he loved her and offering marriage) the contact stopped.

So getting back to the issue in hand. The man in question is spinning your friend a total yarn. There is no such law. Any Tunisian man is free to date ANY woman of any nationality and any age. This is now a democracy. He may marry any woman whom he chooses. Case in point I know a man whose a business partner to a friend of mine. He's 41 and is married to a 52 year old French lady. They have been married for 8 years. The problems arise should you wish to live with a Tunisian man. Then is it a matter of the law. And, as with all things in this country obtaining papers for anything official in this country tests the patience of a Saint!!!

I can give you the number of several Tunisian lawyers if you want to check any point of law. Often they can help you on-line first without charge. Or let your friend visit them when she's here.

I AM GOING TO SPELL THIS OUT IN PLAIN LANGUAGE, BASED ON HAVING LIVED HERE, MY FRIENDS HAVING LIVED HERE, THEIR PERSONAL TALES OF WOE PLUS NUMEROUS CONVERSATIONS WITH PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATED TUNISIANS AND LAWYERS.

1. ALL Tunisians are under immense pressure to make a good match in marriage. By that I mean to marry for status, money and the procreation of children.
2. If a Tunisian man under 45 years of age says he does not want children it will not be truthful. This is a culture in which procreation is a given. Sometimes, if the man has been previously married and had children he may not want any more but it is rare and I mean rare.
3. The professional people of Tunisia do not need to marry for money (because they have it) or for a visa (because they can get one). It is usually people as described by yourself that are looking at a relationship as an easy way to secure an exit out of their country.
4. The RATS on this site operate to a long-term plan. And, you will be one of many women. That is hook the woman, get married, get divorced and claim anything he can from the marriage (property, money, pension funds etc) plus by then he'll be in a country other than his own. Another true story. My close friend's neighbour was 58 and met a 29 year old. It was meant to be love. Eight years down the line, after telling her she could ONLY buy property in this country if a Tunisian name was on the deeds, ended up loosing her home which represented her total life savings having worked in France non-stop for 35 years. I don't want it to happen to your friend. RATS ARE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL... 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, they will do what it takes to fleece you.
5. Often, although not everyone knows this, the family are in league with the young man doing "beeznees". They often encourage such matches in the hope that ALL the family will ultimately benefit financially. Pressure is put on the man to provide for the women... they are desperate some of them and will go to ANY lengths to improve their life-style. The culture here is different. They are far more status conscious than we are.
6. I have never met, nor has anyone I ever known of any nationality, met a Tunisian man that does not want children!

So, on a final note.

IN SUCH CASES AS THESE, BELIEVE NOTHING A TUNISIAN MAN TELLS YOU. CHECK IT OUT WITH THE TUNISIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON OR TAKE ADVICE FROM A TUNISIAN LAWYER.

DO NOT BE BULLIED OR HARASSED INTO MAKING ANY DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH A TUNISIAN MAN, MARRIAGE, PURCHASING PROPERTY OR HANDING OVER MONEY ETC. TAKE TIME OUT, CHECK IT OUT AND ONLY TAKE ACTION IF YOU ARE IN A LEGALLY SECURE POSITION.

IF IT WERE ME I'D KEEP ALL MY MONEY, BANK ACCOUNTS DETAILS, PIN NUMBERS, PENSION FUND DETAILS ANYTHING FINANCIAL AT ALL PRIVATE, SECURE AND LOCKED AWAY.

I don't want to say that all Tunisian men are snakes, because I have two close friends who are in very happy and secure relationships (1 living with her partner the other not). BUT and here is the BUT.... they are age appropriate and the men in question are DIVORCED, PROFESSIONALS, with GOOD JOBS/SALARIES and are FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT and have children from previous marriages so are not looking to the woman for offspring.

Again, my apologies for being so blunt but I hope these comments help your friend. As well as saving her financial misery I'd like to save her potential emotional misery.

As someone said on this forum. Go on holiday, have fun then go home. Or, join the ex-pat community in Sousse. Men like this are in abundance so you'll never be short of company!

Best of luck.

crystal

The Punchy Scot
Normally I don't come onto sites such as these but felt compelled to given the misery that some (not all) Tunisian men heap on foreign women.

So, apologies if some of my words may appear uncaring or harsh but we share the bond of womanhood and I certainly don't want any more women to fall prey to these evil men. I live here and have seen/heard the sort of scams that go on. Also, I have a friend here who not only furnished an entire apartment for a man, but gave him money each week, provided clothing and all household items etc and then he became violent when he was declined a visa to the UK. (Bear in mind also that by not marrying them and denying them visa entry to the UK/other countries you are in fact supporting your home country as these people go mostly to milk the benefit system which I and others have contributed to all their lives.. think on!)

I also had another friend who met a man on-line and dated off and on for almost 3 years. He spun her a tale about being in the military and not being allowed to have a relationship with a foreign woman blah blah blah... and guess what? After he'd milked her of several thousand dinars (after saying he loved her and offering marriage) the contact stopped.

So getting back to the issue in hand. The man in question is spinning your friend a total yarn. There is no such law. Any Tunisian man is free to date ANY woman of any nationality and any age. This is now a democracy. He may marry any woman whom he chooses. Case in point I know a man whose a business partner to a friend of mine. He's 41 and is married to a 52 year old French lady. They have been married for 8 years. The problems arise should you wish to live with a Tunisian man. Then is it a matter of the law. And, as with all things in this country obtaining papers for anything official in this country tests the patience of a Saint!!!

I can give you the number of several Tunisian lawyers if you want to check any point of law. Often they can help you on-line first without charge. Or let your friend visit them when she's here.

I AM GOING TO SPELL THIS OUT IN PLAIN LANGUAGE, BASED ON HAVING LIVED HERE, MY FRIENDS HAVING LIVED HERE, THEIR PERSONAL TALES OF WOE PLUS NUMEROUS CONVERSATIONS WITH PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATED TUNISIANS AND LAWYERS.

1. ALL Tunisians are under immense pressure to make a good match in marriage. By that I mean to marry for status, money and the procreation of children.
2. If a Tunisian man under 45 years of age says he does not want children it will not be truthful. This is a culture in which procreation is a given. Sometimes, if the man has been previously married and had children he may not want any more but it is rare and I mean rare.
3. The professional people of Tunisia do not need to marry for money (because they have it) or for a visa (because they can get one). It is usually people as described by yourself that are looking at a relationship as an easy way to secure an exit out of their country.
4. The RATS on this site operate to a long-term plan. And, you will be one of many women. That is hook the woman, get married, get divorced and claim anything he can from the marriage (property, money, pension funds etc) plus by then he'll be in a country other than his own. Another true story. My close friend's neighbour was 58 and met a 29 year old. It was meant to be love. Eight years down the line, after telling her she could ONLY buy property in this country if a Tunisian name was on the deeds, ended up loosing her home which represented her total life savings having worked in France non-stop for 35 years. I don't want it to happen to your friend. RATS ARE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL... 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, they will do what it takes to fleece you.
5. Often, although not everyone knows this, the family are in league with the young man doing "beeznees". They often encourage such matches in the hope that ALL the family will ultimately benefit financially. Pressure is put on the man to provide for the women... they are desperate some of them and will go to ANY lengths to improve their life-style. The culture here is different. They are far more status conscious than we are.
6. I have never met, nor has anyone I ever known of any nationality, met a Tunisian man that does not want children!

So, on a final note.

IN SUCH CASES AS THESE, BELIEVE NOTHING A TUNISIAN MAN TELLS YOU. CHECK IT OUT WITH THE TUNISIAN EMBASSY IN LONDON OR TAKE ADVICE FROM A TUNISIAN LAWYER.

DO NOT BE BULLIED OR HARASSED INTO MAKING ANY DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH A TUNISIAN MAN, MARRIAGE, PURCHASING PROPERTY OR HANDING OVER MONEY ETC. TAKE TIME OUT, CHECK IT OUT AND ONLY TAKE ACTION IF YOU ARE IN A LEGALLY SECURE POSITION.

IF IT WERE ME I'D KEEP ALL MY MONEY, BANK ACCOUNTS DETAILS, PIN NUMBERS, PENSION FUND DETAILS ANYTHING FINANCIAL AT ALL PRIVATE, SECURE AND LOCKED AWAY.

I don't want to say that all Tunisian men are snakes, because I have two close friends who are in very happy and secure relationships (1 living with her partner the other not). BUT and here is the BUT.... they are age appropriate and the men in question are DIVORCED, PROFESSIONALS, with GOOD JOBS/SALARIES and are FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT and have children from previous marriages so are not looking to the woman for offspring.

Again, my apologies for being so blunt but I hope these comments help your friend. As well as saving her financial misery I'd like to save her potential emotional misery.

As someone said on this forum. Go on holiday, have fun then go home. Or, join the ex-pat community in Sousse. Men like this are in abundance so you'll never be short of company!

Best of luck.
women be wise.. yes very wise and I agree completely.. but you are not saying anything we do not already know... problem is the heart is more powerful than the head,.. but your knowledge of good lawyers would be good.. thank you... and yes fill your boots on holiday but leave it behind.. that is what these rats do.. when you are on the plane.. never give money..ever...

minnie

Thanks for all the replies.

Just to enlarge on the situation, is it true that Tunisians, men in particular, are only allowed to leave Tunisia by the Tunisian government if they have substancial money in the bank or own property, i.e. they have something that will force them to come back to Tunisia for?

This is also one of the pearls of wisdom my friend has been told.
NO!!!!

Heidi

Inactive
is it true that Tunisians, men in particular, are only allowed to leave Tunisia by the Tunisian government if they have substancial money in the bank or own property, i.e. they have something that will force them to come back to Tunisia for?
and that´s not all by far ! Whoever lures a tunisian stallion to Europe, has to pay 2000 pound to the tunisian government each year, to compensate for the work loss, plus 1000 pound a year to the family, to ease their sorrow, to have this godlike creature out of their reach. Make him the sole heir of your will is mandatory.... ;)

The tunisian government don´t give a brown substance. It´s the other countrys who don´t want the tunisian rats :p

smiley

Junior Rat Expert
correct me if im wrong, no and no.
probably a law banning sex out of marriage though, never seen it enforced if it exists.
i smell a rat. :coffee:
This is a rat,im sure..I have never hear about this.I married in tunisia and its 18 years between rat and me....

Tiger

Junior Rat Expert

So, on a final note.

Best of luck.

So, on a final note.

Best of luck.
This is true words. How many women have ended up with nothing?!!! The goal for the tunisian are to get a better life the easy way!! Go to europe or to get the benefits and money in his country!! They want children!!! But to get married with a tunisian woman they must have money and a solid future. The chanse to get this if the family dont have money are small. So what is the selution? FIND A WESTERN WOMAN WHO CAN GIVE THEM A VISA OR PUT THE CASH MONEY FOR BISNESS ;HOME AND OTHER BENEFITS ON THE TABLE IN TUNISIA! It is like a job for them. He stay to he have get what he want, then he can move on in his life and marrie a Tunisian vergine and get a lot of small rats!! I have sed it before , and i say it again : Be careful with the rat mother! She will love you so much!! But remember it is like winning the lottery when you walk in the door!! You are the ticket to not only give the son a new life, it is expected that you give them all a new future!! You can see the Dollar signs in their eyes!! Do not guy anything there!!Never ever buy a home there!! Never give money to make a buisniss!! His words that it is for "You and Me" you can translate into "you pay, i keep in the end" You are just there to get to what was the goal from day one...To secure his own future . And belive me, YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THAR FUTURE! THE BEST THING A WESTERN WOMEN CAN DO IS TO SECURE HERSELF; NEVER GIVE ANYTHING!! IT IS HIS DUTY TO PROVIDE FOR HIS WIFE!! THIS IS BOUTH THE LAW AND TRADISION IN TUNISIA. IF A TUNISIAN MAN CAN`T PROVIDE FOR HIS WIFE HE CAN`T MARRIE!! THAT`S WHY THEY MARRIE WESTERN . THEY HAVE THE IDEA THAT WE ARE DIFFERENT AND WANT TO PUT MONEY ON THE TABLE AND PROVIDE FOR THEM. WHAT THEY DON´T KNOW IS THAT WE HAVE A NAME FOR A MAN WE PAY TO HAVE....PROSTETUDE

habibi mrabet

Tiger wrote:
He stay to he have get what he want, then he can move on in his life and marrie a Tunisian vergine and get a lot of small rats!!

hhahahahaha...so true, what rats can offer to their children if is not the same education they have...being a super rat !!!

smiley

Junior Rat Expert
This is true words. How many women have ended up with nothing?!!! The goal for the tunisian are to get a better life the easy way!! Go to europe or to get the benefits and money in his country!! They want children!!! But to get married with a tunisian woman they must have money and a solid future. The chanse to get this if the family dont have money are small. So what is the selution? FIND A WESTERN WOMAN WHO CAN GIVE THEM A VISA OR PUT THE CASH MONEY FOR BISNESS ;HOME AND OTHER BENEFITS ON THE TABLE IN TUNISIA! It is like a job for them. He stay to he have get what he want, then he can move on in his life and marrie a Tunisian vergine and get a lot of small rats!! I have sed it before , and i say it again : Be careful with the rat mother! She will love you so much!! But remember it is like winning the lottery when you walk in the door!! You are the ticket to not only give the son a new life, it is expected that you give them all a new future!! You can see the Dollar signs in their eyes!! Do not guy anything there!!Never ever buy a home there!! Never give money to make a buisniss!! His words that it is for "You and Me" you can translate into "you pay, i keep in the end" You are just there to get to what was the goal from day one...To secure his own future . And belive me, YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THAR FUTURE! THE BEST THING A WESTERN WOMEN CAN DO IS TO SECURE HERSELF; NEVER GIVE ANYTHING!! IT IS HIS DUTY TO PROVIDE FOR HIS WIFE!! THIS IS BOUTH THE LAW AND TRADISION IN TUNISIA. IF A TUNISIAN MAN CAN`T PROVIDE FOR HIS WIFE HE CAN`T MARRIE!! THAT`S WHY THEY MARRIE WESTERN . THEY HAVE THE IDEA THAT WE ARE DIFFERENT AND WANT TO PUT MONEY ON THE TABLE AND PROVIDE FOR THEM. WHAT THEY DON´T KNOW IS THAT WE HAVE A NAME FOR A MAN WE PAY TO HAVE....PROSTETUDE
Yes be careful about the rat-mother... She tell me after few minutes that she loved me like i was her own daughter...I want to throw up..

W

WomenBeWise

Hi All, I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

My friend is a 65 year old female. She has a 25 year old Tunisian boyfriend. She met him in Tunisia on holiday in Tunisia and has been there 3 times in total. She wants to be with him. He wants to be with her.

He is telling her they cannot be together in Tunisia as there is a law which bans Tunisian men from marrying any foreigner who is more than 10 years older than them.

He is also telling her that there is a law that if Tunisian me have sexual relationships with foreign women who are 10 years or more older than them, that they can be put in prison if the police find out that they are a couple.

My question is this: Is there any truth that there is a law stopping Tunisian men from marrying foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia, or a law that stops Tunisian men from having a relationship (girlfriend) with a foreign women 10 years or more older than them in Tunisia?

Thanks
ON BEHALF OF YOUR FRIEND (AND OTHER LADIES THAT NEED ASSISTANCE) I SPOKE WITH THIS LAWYER TODAY WHO SAID HE CAN ASSIST WITH FAMILY/PRE-MATRIMONIAL/MATRIMONIAL/DIVORCE LAW. (Unlike the UK the lawyers here are normally general practitioners unless specialist criminal lawyers.) He speaks relatively good English but go slowly, French and Arabic. I've not as yet a client of his but I got his number from an Irish business man I know here whose been a client for years and recommended him.

His name is Mohammed. His practice is in Sousse.
His number +216 975 973 57
Email: [email protected]

Good luck. If that doesn't work let me know as I have the name of someone else.

W

WomenBeWise

Great to have the feedback. I've had meetings with various lawyers but there are those that only want to focus on the corporate stuff and more lucrative family law.

Thanks.