Tunisian Lawyers from Hell Ezzedine Ben Amor

W

wakefield gal

Well done Caramel ....

|And Mr Ben Amor stop being a nasty pasty, you lost laugh... you can take Caramel anywhere you like but i think you will find the harm that was caused to you was all of you own greedy doing!!!!

you thought you could exploit someone who needed your help you sack of shit!!!

Now how does it feel to get a taste of your own!? lol :bike: love you to bits Caramel XxX

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
I can't believe that having direct contact with you ( in the way of a phone call, email, postal letter, or visiting you ) would not be seen as harassment and be against the law?

L

Liz

whoa... it took me a while to read this thread. What ended up happening??

C

Caramel

Found out last week that Ben Amor's name is once again on the preferred list of the British Embassy in Tunis representing English speaking lawyers in Sousse. I have contacted them and will post the outcome on here. I wonder how he got back on that list? Not for long I hope.

S

SabraAndSultan

Lawyer No. 1
When I started to suspect in July/August last year that my husband of six years was hiding something from me, i.e. that he may have contracted a second marriage in Tunisia, alarm bells started to ring. Admittedly I was too trusting and did not heed the signs until they were staring me in the face. I guess some us only want to believe the good things and put unpleasant ones at the back of our minds.

I sought help from many sources and through T.com two members recommended the lawyer detailed below:

Ezzedine Ben Amor
Avocat

I had no reason to doubt his integrity. I telephoned him and told him that I suspected my husband had remarried in Tunisia and he promptly told me in a four line email, that this was impossible unless he divorced me first. All this was during Ramadan and he had only been to his office to check messages now and then. During this time I had made about 4/5 international calls to him. He never once phoned me.

Foolishly I was very green and grateful at the time and agreed to send him £1000 to take on my case. He said he would write my husband a letter the Monday following the end of Ramadan to ‘get my husband to show his teeth’. Not sure what that meant but I was not very happy with that suggestion.

During that time, a contact, through a friend, did some investigative work in Tunisia and managed to obtain a copy of my husband’s new birth certificate which did not include me and stated he had married a Tunisian lady from Sbeitla on 21 July 09 (11 days after departing to Tunisia to visit his sick father). I suspected bigamy at the time, but later found out that he had divorced me illegally whilst still living with me in the UK.

As soon as I received this information, I immediately wrote to Ben Amor and asked him not to start any work as new information had come to light and I needed time to think of my course of action. I realized that I would need a good lawyer to fight my corner and appointed one recommended by the British Embassy in Tunis.

I asked Ben Amor to take something for the letter and advice he had given over the phone (it was not really advice as such as he repeated what he told me in the email). I was thinking he would return at least £750, but he told me he would only return £500. I accepted this as I thought it better to get back half than none at all.

After checking my account weeks after he said he had transferred the money I contacted him. He then told me that he was not able to transfer money out of Tunisia. This, of course, was a big lie. I told him that I would be visiting Tunisia in October 09 and would take the money in Dinars. He then gave me a contact name at the UIB bank in Sousse whom he had asked to transfer the money to me.

I visited the bank and saw this person who said she had this same problem with a lot of foreign people Ben Amor dealt with. But she said he had given instructions to transfer the money to me. That said, I went back to England. My Bank telephoned me about this transfer and they had been chasing ever since. It appeared that Ben Amor had withdrawn the transfer.

When I emailed him about this, he told me that I was no longer his client and should not contact him only through a lawyer with power of attorney. I promptly gave my Sousse lawyer POA to contact him. Ben Amor told him that he had transferred the money. I checked my statements and found this out to be a lie.

Subsequently I returned to Tunisia in November with a friend (she posts on here) and gave her POA. She telephoned him and did not mention my name but told him that she wanted to talk to him about a private matter. This was the only way he would have agreed to see her. Had she mentioned my name, she would not have had an appointment. She made an appointment to see him and I waited in a café across the road.

About ten minutes later she came back to the café in shock and annoyance. When she introduced herself as acting on my behalf. He promptly said ‘Get out of my office – you English bitch”. His action has been reported to the Sousse police. She said he was a short little man and reminded her of a midget. Had he carried on, she felt his buttons on his shirt would have popped off or he would have ruptured a blood vessel. To date my money had still not been returned.

At present I cannot report him to the Tunisian Bar Association as I have a complaint against the fraudulent lawyer who divorced me. But don’t worry, I will get him in the end.

Lawyer No. 2
Noura Aded. She is the fraudulent lawyer who divorced me without my knowledge and said I was living in Tunisia at the time and I had instructed her. She has signed a full confession and matters are before the Tunisian law Association. I cannot say much about this case at the moment until it is resolved, but will say on the basis of her confession; my case against my husband has been greatly helped.

Lawyer No. 3
Mouez Ben Ayed
Tanar Sfar Avenue
Belazizza Building
Sousse

This lawyer was hired by my husband to conduct the fraudulent divorce against me. I have since been told that he is very shady. Have not had time to investigate him yet, but will get round to this once Noura Aded is dealt with.

Sorry for the length of this post, but just wanted to warn you all and would invite any one who has had a bad encounter with a lawyer in Tunisia to name and shame him.

hello Caramel
I think you made a 'tactical' mistake: you have hired a lawyer (avocat) who exerces in Sousse, and very probably a native of the Sahel (Sousse and surrounding towns and villages). I suppose your fraudulent ex-husband is from that region too, and the judge too! You should have hired a lawyer from capital Tunis, and have your case investigated by a Tunis court..
You can do that now, if the case is open, and you still want to pursue this affair. Good Luck

C

Caramel

Sabra,
Thank you for your concern. The lawyer that I subsequently appointed is Counsel to the British Embassy in Tunis but practises in Sousse. He has been brilliant and got my ex a criminal conviction and a 3 year suspended sentence for divorcing me illegally and fraudulently extracting money from me after he divorced me while continuing to live with me in the UK. This affects his criminal records here in the UK.

I attended court last month in Sousse as my ex tried to appeal against the 3 year suspended sentence. As his passport has been held by the British authorities he couldn't attend and tried to postpone the case yet again. The judge refused and said he would make a judgment a week later. This he did, and it was realised that the original sentence suspended for 3 years for 1) divorcing me illegally and 2) extracting a substantial sum of money from me after the divorce was too lenient. He was living with me in the UK at the time and his sole intention was to divorce me in Tunisia, come back to the UK and then divorce me here claiming half of my property.

Its has been a very long road but I have been granted half of my property in Sousse, plus of course the substantial sum of money he took will be taken out of that settlement so he will get very little. Papers are in the process of being served on his family and his new wife (his second Tunisian wife after me) to be removed from the property so that it may be sold. The first lasted less than 6 months.

By the way, my fraudulent ex husband is from Kasserine and his lawyer I understand is a cousin of his mother. So both from that region. My present lawyer is an international one, educated at the Sorbonne in France.

Its been a long road but I wanted to make sure he got a criminal conviction first. This will serve as a warning that foreign women will not accept this kind of deception. Proceedings are now taking place in the UK to deal with him in the court. Cannot give details at the moment as the case will be prejudiced. If you know of a good lawyer in Tunis, can you please put his details here as people are always asking me for good lawyers and I will add him to my list and put details on the Immigration Marriage Fraud UK website. Thank you for caring - much appreciated.

Eddie

Senior rat buster
Sabra,
Thank you for your concern. The lawyer that I subsequently appointed is Counsel to the British Embassy in Tunis but practises in Sousse. He has been brilliant and got my ex a criminal conviction and a 3 year suspended sentence for divorcing me illegally and fraudulently extracting money from me after he divorced me while continuing to live with me in the UK. This affects his criminal records here in the UK.

I attended court last month in Sousse as my ex tried to appeal against the 3 year suspended sentence. As his passport has been held by the British authorities he couldn't attend and tried to postpone the case yet again. The judge refused and said he would make a judgment a week later. This he did, and it was realised that the original sentence suspended for 3 years for 1) divorcing me illegally and 2) extracting a substantial sum of money from me after the divorce was too lenient. He was living with me in the UK at the time and his sole intention was to divorce me in Tunisia, come back to the UK and then divorce me here claiming half of my property.

Its has been a very long road but I have been granted half of my property in Sousse, plus of course the substantial sum of money he took will be taken out of that settlement so he will get very little. Papers are in the process of being served on his family and his new wife (his second Tunisian wife after me) to be removed from the property so that it may be sold. The first lasted less than 6 months.

By the way, my fraudulent ex husband is from Kasserine and his lawyer I understand is a cousin of his mother. So both from that region. My present lawyer is an international one, educated at the Sorbonne in France.

Its been a long road but I wanted to make sure he got a criminal conviction first. This will serve as a warning that foreign women will not accept this kind of deception. Proceedings are now taking place in the UK to deal with him in the court. Cannot give details at the moment as the case will be prejudiced. If you know of a good lawyer in Tunis, can you please put his details here as people are always asking me for good lawyers and I will add him to my list and put details on the Immigration Marriage Fraud UK website. Thank you for caring - much appreciated.
Way to go Caramel !!!!!! You should be an Amassador for womans rights after all you have had to endure. Well done girl xxx

C

Caramel

I have written to the British Embassy in Tunis about getting Ben Amor removed from their list of preferred lawyers in Sousee but so far he is still on that list. Would really add some weight if some of you ladies could email B Embassy to ask for his removal. He was removed before but appear to have wormed his way back on.

Fern

Junior Rat Expert
I have written to the British Embassy in Tunis about getting Ben Amor removed from their list of preferred lawyers in Sousee but so far he is still on that list. Would really add some weight if some of you ladies could email B Embassy to ask for his removal. He was removed before but appear to have wormed his way back on.
Yes would be happy to do that. Anything to stop them getting away with it! Do you think the Embassy over there is dodgy? I have my doubts about them

C

Caramel

Not sure about the present administration of the B Embassy in Tunis but in 2010 I gave evidence as part of an investigation against the Embassy re official taking bribes, etc. There is a section here which investigates B Embassies abroad. As a result the embassy was closed in June 2010 for one month, some staff suspended and a complete reorganisation. I successfully sent evidence about Ben Amor to the Embassy and he was taken off the register. Not sure how 4 years later he was able to get back on and that is why he needs to be removed. I think we should still trust them and if you have any doubts I can give you the name of a contact here that you can speak to.

wallah

Junior Rat Expert
I have been with Caramel from the very beginning and her strength and tenacity is amazing. Despite all the drawbacks, she has never wavered in her aim to get justice for the immoral treatment which could have quite easily destroyed her. She does, as she knows, have my heartfelt admiration.
The end is near now my friend -- only a few more steps :) xxxxxxx

C

Caramel

Thank you Wallah. Though I may not always post updates on here until its safe to do so, I always keep you updated personally. Thank you so much for your continued support.

S

SabraAndSultan

Thank you. Will make sure its noted.
Update: Caramel, I have contacted the lawyer, Mrs Houda, and told her about this website and the various legal issues that may be raised, and she agreed to study and represent any cases that are presented to her. Her office is in Tunis. To have her full details and send inquiries, please email [email protected] and [email protected]. emails must be in English: As her a friend and previous client I will translate! Thanks

C

Caramel

Thank you Sabra. I am sure members here who have dealings near Tunis may refer to this lawyer if their cases necessitate them attending court. I have noted these details also. Can you please post her telephone number so that I can put this in the database of my website, Immigration Marriage Fraud UK?

S

SabraAndSultan

Thank you Sabra. I am sure members here who have dealings near Tunis may refer to this lawyer if their cases necessitate them attending court. I have noted these details also. Can you please post her telephone number so that I can put this in the database of my website, Immigration Marriage Fraud UK?
phone number: 23175538

K

keepsmiling

caramal really sorry to hear your story ...a great wake up call to all entering into any type of legal contract in tunisia
peole if its not written in english and can not be validated by british consulate leave well alone
really hope these nasty pieces of trash get there come uence and very soon .
Shame this laywer is not more widely know about do you have ictures ?

C

Caramel

Unfortunately he is back on the preferred lawyers' list in Sousse recommended by the British Embassy, Tunis. I would urge all British ladies to email the Embassy to make sure he is taken off the list. Good advice above. Also make sure any property you purchase in Tunisia has your name on the deeds. Trusting your partner is not enough because when it all goes wrong, onlly your legal situation in law will matter, meaning proof on paper.

K

keepsmiling

Unfortunately he is back on the preferred lawyers' list in Sousse recommended by the British Embassy, Tunis. I would urge all British ladies to email the Embassy to make sure he is taken off the list. Good advice above. Also make sure any property you purchase in Tunisia has your name on the deeds. Trusting your partner is not enough because when it all goes wrong, onlly your legal situation in law will matter, meaning proof on paper.
the other ption is a pre nutual contract in english of course declaring that all properties remain with wife [ex wife ] in the event of marital breakdown
Have you approached news papers with this erhaps it worth advising british embassy that you feel this has not been adiquitly been delt with and that now your going to the news papers with it , ....Ireally feel bad for you

C

Caramel

The Embassy is fully aware but are powerless to do anything. A prenup will not have any bearing in Tunisia. Better to have documentary proof and to have your name on any property, business, etc. Not really worth going to the papers.

K

keepsmiling

The Embassy is fully aware but are powerless to do anything. A prenup will not have any bearing in Tunisia. Better to have documentary proof and to have your name on any property, business, etc. Not really worth going to the papers.
really sorry you had to find out the hard way , just hope these guys pay big time