Tunisian Lawyers from Hell Ezzedine Ben Amor

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Caramel, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

Unfortunately he is back on the preferred lawyers' list in Sousse recommended by the British Embassy, Tunis. I would urge all British ladies to email the Embassy to make sure he is taken off the list. Good advice above. Also make sure any property you purchase in Tunisia has your name on the deeds. Trusting your partner is not enough because when it all goes wrong, onlly your legal situation in law will matter, meaning proof on paper.

Stina, marilyna, keepsmiling and 4 others like this.
  2. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Active Member

the other ption is a pre nutual contract in english of course declaring that all properties remain with wife [ex wife ] in the event of marital breakdown
    Have you approached news papers with this erhaps it worth advising british embassy that you feel this has not been adiquitly been delt with and that now your going to the news papers with it , ....Ireally feel bad for you

Caramel likes this.
  3. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

The Embassy is fully aware but are powerless to do anything. A prenup will not have any bearing in Tunisia. Better to have documentary proof and to have your name on any property, business, etc. Not really worth going to the papers.

marilyna likes this.
  4. keepsmiling

really sorry you had to find out the hard way , just hope these guys pay big time

Caramel likes this.
  5. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

He will. He is sweating right now. I am making his life hell.

6. keepsmiling

good for you hun shame on this man he calls himself a proffessional , a joke a sad excuse for a human being ..but you are strong you will come through just keep smiling and always inject a little humor it does wonders for the self esteem take care hun

Caramel likes this.
  7. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

Agreed but the new Tunisian deputy at the British Embassy in Tunis seems to have wiped his bad record clean as the previous deputy took Ben Amor off the list of preferred lawyers in Sousse immediately evidence was provided of his wrongdoing.

marilyna likes this.
  8. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Typical!! Wonder how much that cost him?

marilyna and Caramel like this.
  9. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps we could start a new thread - lawyers you can trust?

10. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

Excellent idea.

MH007 likes this.
  11. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

As soon as I get back from holiday I will be contacting the Foreign Office to make a formal complaint.

wallah likes this.
  12. keepsmiling

I really hope so caramel ,heres one person hoping for the very best for you, keep smiling

Alien and simple like this.
  13. NorwegianTrust

NorwegianTrust Member

That would be a good idea, i have a friend living in Sousse, she is getting divorced. But she is stubbern and she dosent want to tell anyone, im the only one that knows.
    I really belive she will be fooled by her soon to be ex, but she trust him and think they will remain friends and she will belive the lawyer too.
    But maybe , if she could read it here , what to look out for...

Heidi, Caramel, marilyna and 2 others like this.
  14. keepsmiling

carmen wishing you all the best just waiting for some good news from you

Caramel likes this.
  15. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

Thank you. Hopefully, after 8 April I will be able to sell the houses and move on. He has appealed against me getting half but a decision will be made again 8 April and I am assured it will not go in his favour. To ensure this, I had to get the criminal conviction against him and that's why it has taken so long. He cant dodge anything - all has been proven. He has nothing new to offer.

16. keepsmiling

yehhhh really pleased for you hun its been a long time coming ...would love to see a smile on you face

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Caramel likes this.
  17. Caramel

Caramel Clairvoyante !!

Only thing is, he postponed the hearing to 8 June where he is appealing against the warrant being issued for his arrest and another hearing 10 June where he is appealing for me not to get half of my property. It goes on and on but has to stop. So tired of this dragging out but hopefully he will not have any more appeals after two more following those dates.

crystal and Fern like this.
  18. WomenBeWise

WomenBeWise Active Member

I too have been utterly shocked and appalled by the lack of professionalism and decency lawyers have in Tunisia.

The first one I tried didn't even know what a power of attorney was! The second one never showed up for the meeting. The third one was more interested in where I lived and if I were single than my case. I've subsequently found out that the "legal ingormation" he gave me was totally wrong. Number 4 looked more promising sent him a load of correspondence and follow up post meeting and he did ... nothing...after chasing him for 2 months I gave up. Oh ..number 5... never returned my calls. Finally number 6 seemed to work although it was a bit fraught but trustworthy.

The whole lot of them should be made accountable for their actions or lack of and struck off.

Untill Tunisia gets its act together and stamps out corruption and sharp practice the country will continue to be labelled with its shocking reputation.

19. WomenBeWise

A remarkable lady indeed. I deeply admire and respect you for your dignity and fight for justice.

I wholeheartedly agree that the law in ALL countries has to crack down on sham marriages. What these bastards are doing is commiting FRAUD. If you embezzled money from a company or a bank you would go to prison. These men should. Personally I'd string them up by the balls ..sorry I normally exercise more decorum than this but when I read of what these men have done to my own sex my blood boils...

Big Bang Theory likes this.
  20. WomenBeWise

Yes and visitors numbers are continuing to fall.. plus Tunisia is getting less respect even though its embracing democracy its still seen as highly corrupt.... but its about EVERYONE decent Tunisians and citizens of other countries to work together to lobby their respective governments to end this illegal and immoral behaviour.

21. Zee

Zee Member

Is there anyone reputable who can help me? I just want someone to advise me of the process so I know what I am facing. The more I read the more sick I get. I don't think I want half his assets. We did join our property in the marriage license and he has an advertising business. I made a small loan to the business of 3000 dinar. But now the angrier I get, the more I want to get my money back. This marriage cost me so much in ways more expensive than cash. My heart is broken and I don't know what to do

FoolInLove likes this.
  22. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

@Zee, perhaps you also want to try this :)

American Embassy Tunis
    Please use this phone number to call our Consular support for American citizens: +216 71 107 024. Please note that our Consular office hours are: Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Tunisia is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST) or 5 hours ahead of Easter Daylight Time (EDT).
    You can also contact our Consular Section by email at [email protected].

FoolInLove and Stina like this.