Tunisian Men - read this! Come to Europa!

Discussion in 'Rat Behavior' started by Etoyoc, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

They say that in Europe, they only wait for the tunisians to come and work. And there is a lot of work, because the Europeans do not like to make the dirty work themselves.

Yes, they say a lot, but only rarely the truth. They do not say the truth, because NOBODY in Europe waits for the Tunisians to come for work (well, apart from some italian factories and agricultural industries and farmers). In fact, Tunisians have to stand at the end of the line, in front are other Europeans who look for work, and also Turkish or Russian people. And there are a lot more from countries that you have never heard about, but they are there and they stand in front of you in the line, and they become more, every single day.

The truth is that in many European countries, the unemployment rate is almost as high as in Tunisia, in some countries the rate is even higher. And honestly, are you not wanting to leave tunisia because there are no jobs in Tunisia? Well - the other countries also have no jobs. Let me also stress that many jobs that you know from Tunisia are even not existant in Europe, because manchines are doing the job, not humans anymore. And it is also the case, that in many countries in Europe, without a decent specific learning for a job (which takes usually around 3 years with no or little pay), you will never be able to get a job that is even paying middle class wages.

And what about the dirty work? It is a lie, too, because there are more than enough Europeans that would love to do dirty work, if it was WELL PAID. But because it is not well paid and you can not really live from the wage, Europeans turn it down. Which gives? It gives that the dirty work is underpaid work (compared to the living standard) and most of the immigrants, most probably you too, would NOT want to do this work for this kind of money.

You also have to differentiate - if you come to Europe legal (with papers and residency) or illegal (for example by ship via Lampedusa or by overstaying your visa).
    Because, when you are an illegal alien, your work options are very, very small: No company will employ you, because their employment records are often checked by the state, and you also will have little to no rights, since after all, even when they give you work, you won't have a work contract, because you cannot make a contract with an illegal alien. You will never acquire any social insurance, you will have no health coverage and no insurance against accidents at work, because as an illegal alien, you won't have the rights for that.
    You can't drive a car (because when you register it, the police will come after you, because you have to show your passport and residency permit), in some countries, you won't even get a telephone line connected and you most certainly will not get any appartment, because no landlord will rent an appartment to an illegal alien.

The police can fetch you off the streets any minute and put you onto a plane back to Tunisia.

I will be respected in Europe, because Europe respects foreign people.

Sorry, but no - nobody will respect you here out of the blue, they will rather think that you left your country because you could not make it there and now you come to Europe because you think it is easier here than in your home country. They won't respect your work experience or diplomas, unless you are very, very good (like the best of 100). And many will not respect your way of life or your religion either, because they think "If you want to live here, you must live by our rules" - and, if you think about it, wouldn't you think and say the very same thing about Europeans who want to live in Tunisia?
    Yes, there are many people, who will not discriminate others, but even then, if you only want to take (respect, tolerancy) and not give (integration into their way of life), you will soon stand alone.

Here is a Golden Rule: To be respected in Europe, you must prove yourself worthy of being respected. As long as you try to raise sympathy just by telling from where you come, how bad the situation is in Tunisia or how dangerous your travel to Europe was, and as long as you try to obtain a special treatment just because you are a man, or a muslim, or a tunisian, as long you won't gain any respect at all in Europe.

It is easy to earn a lot of money in Europe.

Yes, it is easy, when you compare it to tunisian wages. In Europe, you can (IF you have a job), easily earn 2000 or 3000 Dinars per month. That is a whole lot of money, you think? Well, first you won't get this kind of money, but they will deduct taxes and insurances first, automatically. What you then get into your hands, is maybe 1500 or 2000 per month. And now consider that you have to pay for a tiny appartment (1 room) with electricity and water 800 Dinars or more every month. Each pack of cigarettes cost you 10 Dinars. Driving by bus will cost you 5 or 6 Dinars, and by taxi 20, 30 and more - even within the same town. For food you will pay 200, 300 or more Dinars per month. A roundtrip flight to Tunisia will be around 500 Dinars.

In the end, 2000 Dinars per month is enough for 1 person, but you won't be able to save anything, you won't drive a fancy car and you won't travel to Tunisia 3 times a year. For 2 persons, 3000 is enough to live. If you want to live really good, then you must earn at least 4000-5000 Dinars/month and for 2, 3 or 4 people (a family) even more - but to earn that much, you must have a good education and work experience, which you will, most likely, not have in the beginning, but only after 5, 10 or 20 years of work.

By the way - if you prefer to work in Italy and pick tomatoes or such on the fields, your pay will most likely be 1000 or 1500 Dinar/month - just to give you a realistic perspective...

If you think to open up your own business in Europe, because you have worked, for example, as a coiffeur or electrician in Tunisia - it is not that easy, because to open up a business, you must fulfill the European rules to open a business, and, trust me, this is much much, harder than you imagine in your worst dreams, or, in other words: forget it, it simply won't happen, not anywhere in your near future.

In Europe I will get money even when I do not work.

That is not correct. Yes, you will get money (called "social welfare"), when you have no work, but only if you have a RESIDENCY PERMIT. If you are, however, an illegal alien, you will get nothing, because illegal aliens are not entitled to social welfare.
    The social welfare is, though, just enough to sleep and eat, you won't be able to buy more from the money that your monthly appartment rent and food, and maybe a few cigarettes (you will miss out on eating on that day, though). And - if you keep receiving welfare, they won't continue your residency permit, so if you cannot find a job soon, you will have to leave the country. And even when you receive social welfare, you must show the state that you are looking for a job, you must show them that you applied for jobs - or they will send you into "community work", where you have to work every day a couple of hours for 2-4 Dinars/hour, or into seminars.
    Living from social welfare is neither easy nor great - it is not much more than existing on a very low lifestyle.

So, you watch all the time the young men coming home from Europe, on an holiday visit and they all show, everytime, how successful they are over there. They are rich, they made it, they must live like a Prince!

But do they? Have you seen their houses, which are most likely just rented appartments, almost always in the bad part of town where all other immigrants are living too? And do they eat all the nice things that you have seen in Television? No, I am afraid ... usually they don't, they eat simple food, not much unlike the inexpensive daily dishes in Tunisia.

But their car looks so nice and shiny, it must certainly have cost a lot ... but did it? Used cars can be bought for small money in Europe, and when you wash it and polish it, it looks like a new car, even when it is 20 or more years old. Or ... is it their car at all? Do they really own it - or is it owned by the bank, until, in 10 years, they have paid their loan back? Maybe it is even only leased and has to be given back in 2 years or maybe it is only rented from a car rental ... or just from a good friend.

And what about all the presents they bring? Well, to be honest, quite a few buy those presents, like clothes or household items, in the cheapest shops where they cost only pocket change - but nobody in Tunisia really knows it, right? Nobody knows that the "Jippie"-Jeans is not an expensive brand of Europe, but something that even the poor in Europe would never wear in public, because others would laugh at them. But for Tunisia ... it can well be the latest chic from France, England or Germany!

Many tunisian families in Europe live spartanic like in Tunisia. They don't eat too much, they don't spend a lot of money, most of them live like the poorest Europeans, but they save all their money to send it to Tunisia to make their family think, they are rich. They come home on their holidays with expensive looking presents in expensive looking cars, which are, in reality, not expensive at all or that are not fully paid yet, just to make the neighbours and the friends think, that they are rich.
    The problem is ... the tunisians, who live in Europe, they all know the truth and they all play the same game. NOBODY wants to tell the truth and NOBODY wants to loose their face, but THEY ALL KNOW that they are lieing and THEY ALL KNOW that they have lost their faces already.
    Most tunisians, and this is a fact, live in Europe and earn enough to make ends meet, but certainly not enough to live like princes in their daily life.

There has been, just recently, a report of a tunisian man who crossed the mediterranean sea on a vessel, landed in Italy and made it all the way to Paris. And he said: "In Tunisia, they have palaces, but here, they live in the dirt".

Oh yes, there are tunisians who work in Europe and who are rich and famous - but none of them came here without education or without a talent that is rare in Europe (doctors, soccer players, etc.). However, you think, you can always make money as a criminal and start a career in drug trading or prostitution, can't you? Yes, you can, and both are the safest methods to be caught by the police soon and sent to prison or right back to Tunisia - and to die young, as well.

So you know the truth now - and if you do not believe it, check the information in the internet yourself, it is all there for you to read. Ask your best friends in Europe or ask any of the tourists, they all will confirm it, if they talk honest to you.

But if you MUST go to Europe, then go ahead - marry an European or drive by vessel to Lampedusa (maybe even swim, if the vessel breaks).

And when, after a few weeks, you will sit alone and hungry in a park or on a matress in your tiny appartment and you wish nothing more than to be home in Tunisia again - then you will know, from your own, most likely bad, experience, that my words have been true!

If you are educated, though, and want to go to Europe, try a different approach: Search in the internet for jobs and apply for them - that is, have a serious job in Europe BEFORE you leave Tunisia. Have your work contract checked by the embassy of that country in Tunisia BEFORE you leave Tunisia. Make sure that your payment is high enough to live in Europe BEFORE you leave Tunisia.

And, as long as you are waiting for a job, educate yourself more, learn additional things in your work, keep your work knowledge actual, learn languages, learn about other cultures, there is much you can do BEFORE you leave Tunisia, and the more you do, the better you become, the bigger are the chances that you can have an honest, serious and GOOD life in Europe!

Amira, Arkady, juicyfruit and 30 others like this.
  2. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Brilliant brilliant post Etoyoc, however a correction. In my city - small apartment £100 a week plus council tax (approx 269.00 td + 70 td) and on top of that, we have to pay for electricity, gas, water, TV, internet, 20 cigarettes £8 (approx 21 td), taxi shows £2.75 (approx 66 td ) on the clock, before it even moves. Prices shock me never mind newcomers to Uk!

Arkady, Stina, ExNorway and 3 others like this.
  3. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

On the money Etoyoc spot on... very true.

Arkady, ExNorway, Caramel and 2 others like this.
  4. Galadriel

Galadriel Globe Trotter Extraordinaire

Yes Wallah I was going to amend some prices upwards - of course we are living in the same area... This is very informative but how many of the people that should read it will it reach? have you published elsewhere also Etoyoc?

Amber and MacCoinneach like this.
  5. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Never mind the lack of jobs and high cost of living - the weather in the UK and Ireland is bloody awful. Cold, titillated and miserable ;)

N. Amany, fainna, Caramel and 5 others like this.
  6. Ariel

Ariel Under the Sea

Copious amounts of hair gel and torrential rain are not a good combination :D

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

Well, my idea was to put it up on a (some) website(s), but since english is my 3rd language, I rather would have someone revise the text first. I will also translate it into French and possibly arabic, hehe. :)

Caramel, Nets, Amber and 4 others like this.
  8. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thank you Wallah! Could you please write here to inform the rats, approximately how much is a general flat (for example an 50 square meter) in the UK if you want to buy it for your own?

9. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

- To get a good job in Europe you have to educate yourself in your whole life, next to your job. For example if you have a university or college degree, and you apply for a good position in Europe - I mean an office work - there are 2-3000 people who also apply to the same position with minimum the same degree!
    The human resource manager have to choose only 1 people for the advertised position from these 2-3000. You will have to participate 3-4 rounds of job interview, and an assesment center where they will test your real knowledge, and also in a psychological test, if you are educated enough to get an invitation for that job inerview. But in most of cases, if you apply for a job, nobody will contact you from that company which advertised the position, because they will contact the more educated people. In the best cases you will only receive a very polite refusing letter. (But in many cases you won't receive any refusing letter either.)

Dear Etoyoc, thank you for this very good post! Please let me highlight some main thoughts from your post, because I'm afraid rats won't read so long text as this.
    I filled it out with some of my own thoughts (highlighted with blue colour)

Arkady and Caramel like this.
  10. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Cant see a rat wanting to come over here and working as a road sweeper or dustbin man or cleaner .

11. Ariel

Ariel Under the Sea

I think the good ones (i.e. the minority) with a real desire to contribute financially to support their families do seek any kind of work- generally though, the Tunisian man / rat mindset means that they want to seek jobs with some kind of status (usually unrealistically based on their experience and qualifications). They want to be 'heads' or 'chiefs' of anything that they do, without recognising the need to work their way up the ladder. My general impression is that they idly wait around waiting for work to come to them and, when it doesn't (because they don't exercise any volition to seek it), then they are 'unlucky' (i.e. woe me, life is against me) or they are being discriminated against by a person, groups of people or a whole country.

12. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Not many Tunisian would do any job deemed beneath his status .They sit in cafes all day and night alledgely waiting for a job to appear out of their coffe cups ,some even send their kids out selling flowers ,while they sit in cafes .

13. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Living in Europe, and working in Europe is about a lifelong learning. Developing your knowledge next to your work in your whole life. Because if you gain a job, there's no guarantee that you won't be fired in 2-3 month. This is also true for the physical workers. There are always better applicants. With more edudacion, with more spoken languages, with more experience, and with less salary need. There are always a younger generation, who have just finished their first or second university, and experts in computer skills and willing to undertake your job for the half of your salary. If you don't educate yourself, you will lag, you will fall behind. You will become inappropriate to your job.
    Tunisian men think that they come to Europe and a good job will immidiately "fall to their lap". They thinks that in Europe they will immidiately become to a manager. They only see the small range of European tourists in the hotels, who have good and manager positions in their home countres and can pay for their holiday in 4 or 5 stars hotel. And they think that every European have manager position. But they don't know, how many struggle to gain a good position in Europe, and how many struggle to keep it in long term.

And they think that they will do menial physical work here at first?? Why don't they do that in Tunisia too? There are also constructions, many hotel constructions are in process, but they don't want to take the brick there. And they also don't want to became a cleaner, because it's easyer to stay at home and cry, and complain that they are poor and there's no job in Tuinisia.

Arkady, Caramel, Amber and 1 other person like this.
  14. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Please let me share you a detail from one of my favorite films: "The Pursuit of Happyness". This is an American film with Will Smith, but it based on a true story, and it shows how much struggle needed to gain a good job in the USA, but it's also true in Europe too.
    It's worthy to watch the whole film who haven't seen it yet, because it's very touching and instructive.

The short summary of the film: "In 1981, in San Francisco, the smart salesman and family man Chris Gardner invested the family savings in Ostelo National bone-density scanners, an apparatus twice more expensive than x-ray with practically the same resolution. The white elephant financially breaks the family, bringing troubles to the relationship with his wife that leaves him and moves to New York. Without money and wife, but totally committed with his son Christopher, Chris sees the chance to fight for a stockbroker internship position at Dean Witter, vying for one career in the end of six months training period without any salary with other twenty candidates. Meanwhile, homeless, he has all sorts of difficulties with his son.

"

MacCoinneach likes this.
  15. the nutty professor

the nutty professor Bad Teacher

Here a one bed flat is £300 upwards per month, council tax at least £80 if not more!
    The cheapest baguette is 89p and milk 46p.
    Return flight to Tunisia £200-£400.

Mario666, Caramel, marilyna and 2 others like this.
  16. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

And I think, this flat price doesn't contain the utility costs, (electricity costs, water rates, costs for using gas for cooking and for heating, costs for using TV and Internet....etc) And of course doesn't contain the costs for meal.

17. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the input, please keep it rolling in, I will watch and, after a while, update the original text and re-post it. .)

Mario666, Caramel, Nets and 2 others like this.
  18. simple

simple Well-Known Member

What about the 40 fags a day !!And countless trips to starbucks for coffee!!And taxis everywhere !!

19. BrownGirl

My rat loved this movie, I watched it for the first time with him. He saw himself as the Will Smith character, struggling to make a better life. Lying [email protected], just part of the act to reel me in. The truth turned out to be very different, but I fell for it. I do think he believed it though, they all do.

Mario666, Arkady, Caramel and 7 others like this.
  20. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

And the cost of 1 litre fuel if you have an own car, and the costs of 1 minutes speaking by mobile phone, or 1 SMS.....
    Or the price of a shoes or a jeans in a shop, what is not second-hand......

Caramel and simple like this.
  21. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwww BG :love: Most rats rate Titanic and i can see why ,,,immigrants on a boat heading to greener lands ,meeting a rich woman who falls in love with him ....Poxy iceberg ,every rats nightmare..

22. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Please re-post it under another section, because "General Discussion" can be visible only by members. And rats who are not members can not google it!

Caramel, Nets and BrownGirl like this.
  23. BrownGirl

I'm going to move the thread to a public place, I have only just logged in on a laptop (as opposed to phone) or would have done it earlier

Caramel, Nets, Amber and 2 others like this.
  24. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

ExNorway and Amber like this.
  25. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

Where i live, £450.00 month rent private £120.00 council tax, Council house:rolleyes: non existent £300 a month council tax same. but now a bedroom tax if you have a extra room. We pay 20% of our salary if you go over a certain income you go on to super tax 50% includes national insurance. Electric/gas £100.00 month. Food average £250.00 month and that is ALDI Lidil cheaper food shop. petrol average £50.00 a month, If I am not gallivanting , TV licence £14 a month, Car insurance £200 upwards a year depending on age and car. Car Tax £150 year upwards again depending on the size of the car/engine. Clothes, makeup, hair, nails,
    If I don't do myself £150.00 month. Maintenance /Management company/ £40.00 a month.
    That is all before you start adding up the extra's home maintenance credit cards holidays Christmas.
    That is why we go to third world countries on holiday as the money exchange rate is so good we can do what we want.

fainna, ExNorway, Caramel and 3 others like this.