Tunisian Men - read this! Come to Europa!

Discussion in 'Rat Behavior' started by Etoyoc, Jan 31, 2014.

1. KhalilK

KhalilK Member

The distinction is clear, I was just saying that such a post should have a more appropriate title. I have just joined the site and I came across the phrase "Tunisian men - read this" so naturally I feel targeted by it. The question is, do you consider ALL Tunisian men that frequent this site to be love rats?

2. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

@KhalilK

Really no need to feel insulted you should be proud that you have risen above the scum that this website highlights,

The people that con tourists, at the least.
    Men that rape tourists only to have it covered up by the hotel (Bad for business wouldn't you agree)?
    Men that manipulate women for years to achive a visa then leave to marry their Tunisian virgin.

If you think Oh these women come to my country they look for attention and whatever other excuse you need to read more posts.

Sex tourism is a very small percent and it gives the whole bigger picture a very bad look.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

The problem really is that *most*, and I use this term deliberately, tunisian men would like to come to Europe and that almost all of them have wrong ideas about how Europeans are, about the culture, how their status here is, how they could earn money. And, unfortunately, most do not care a lot either. I have talked to scores of tunisians, both in Tunisia and in European countries, at least half of them educated very well (meaning they got a full tunisian education including university degree).

I gladly admit that there are exceptions, I met and know those as well - however, contrary to my initial belief, these are indeed exceptions and not the default, even though, as you have assumed, this hasn't even been the motivation to choose this title, as for the importance of education, language skills and work proficiency, the last paragraph gives serious recommendations of what to do. And, as noted somewhere, it is just a working document that has never been published anywhere except here in this forum, and this forum is about bezness, and almost all entities of men who appear and read here belong to this category.

BTW, I have been treated in Tunisia sometimes like an American, sometimes like a German, like an English and even like a Russian - but always like a tourist and noticed all the painting with the same brushes of nationality that the tunisians like to do as well. But do you hear me whining about it? No, I rather feel amused, because I understand where people get their information (or shall I say indoctrination) and view on other cultures and nations. _I_ know they are wrong, and that is good enough, totally sufficient, for me. I have been and will always be a stranger there and I am well aware that most people really don't like me because I am "the foreigner", but I was there anyway and succeeded to claim and gain a good status nevertheless.

So, man up, and start to think about why tunisians have a bad image, and if you are absolutely sure that this is just a minority, then show the people, by example and by discussion, that the majority is different and stand up against those who tarnish the image - just complaining about others discriminating you won't bring you, in reality, anywhere, though.

4. KhalilK

KhalilK Member

Oh believe me, the sole reason I joined this site is because I share those exact feelings! I despise these kinds of people as much as you do if not more!

I grew up in a southern region, one with not much tourism in it, but such losers not only prey on tourists but also on women they meet online. The sad part is that I know some of them and you know who they always are? the scums that didn't make it through with their studies! Lazy ones! Stupid ones!

So yeah having the impression of me being put in the same category as these dipsh$$s really infuriates me!

Arkady and Big Bang Theory like this.
  5. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

list of Tunisian members is as follows.
    Ben (the owner of site he set it up as he was ashamed of the tactics of these rats)
    Tactfull ( our very nice Taxie driver)
    Notarat (well educated Tunisian like yourself)
    Ashamed ( Name speaks for itself)
    and lastly my lovely Tunisian Partner not a member also not a rat (just a good man).

Please read more threads and stick around another opinion is always welcome, remember the people that post here are almost always in a bad place been hurt and confused so sympathy from a stranger is a nice change.

KhalilK likes this.
  6. the nutty professor

the nutty professor Bad Teacher

but the whole point it you are not in the same category if you have not done any of those things!

Heidi and Npk like this.
  7. the nutty professor

can we add mr nutty who isn't a member but likes a sneaky peek

Big Bang Theory, Heidi and Npk like this.
  8. the nutty professor

do you think we like being labelled "gawria"?

do you know it has been "bastardised" into the Spanish language to the word "guiri" which means "dumb foreigner"?

we are all labelled but unless the cap fits, you don't have to wear it, and you certainly don't have to get in a twist about it

9. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

I already answered this, it is a small minority, and if these is the image you see in front of you personally of course you belive this to be all the tourists the same.

Nobody should be having sex unless there are two consenting adults who know exactly what is going to be the outcome after.
    Also the poor staff in the hotels would this not be against the code of conduct to do sex with guests. not to mention Haram.

10. HappyDreamer

HappyDreamer Well-Known Member

A hand has five fingers, not all the same! :whistle: :rolleyes:

11. KhalilK

KhalilK Member

First of all I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write that reply although I am getting some mixed signals from it (maybe because of the condescending tone)

I appreciate your clarification because indeed not ALL Tunisian men fit into that mold.

I must however point out that your analogy of being "painted with the same brush of nationality" doesn't stand here because being considered a European instead of an American (or vice versa) isn't the same as being considered as a love rat instead of not.

I don't see what "manliness" has to do with anything here since I was just pointing out something instead of what you considered "complaining" but yeah I'll try to do my best to bring out the good side of Tunisian men even though I don't have to.

12. the nutty professor

you keep missing the key word "RAT"

not all foreigners are tourists
    not all tourists want sex with hotel animators
    not all animators are entertaining
    QED

13. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

Ok that does not make you a rat you can relax
    Also that makes it their own business they are adults.
    If this was in Tunisia and the younger guy was a decent muslim it was up to him to walk away, having said that its their business.

Big Bang Theory and Heidi like this.
  14. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

He likes a sneaky peak aww Helloo Mr Nutty. :thumbsup::D
    Mine goes off his head if I even mention a name of a hotel at this stage its a bit of a conversation killer.:rolleyes::D

15. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

you said younger guys so I was quick to stereotype. my bad. now you change and say same age. Also again their business.

MY TUNISIAN PARTNER OF 13 YRS FLIRTED WITH ME I never thought he was/is a rat.

Big Bang Theory and Heidi like this.
  16. the nutty professor

my husband obviously had to flirt with me.. still does, lol

17. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

you stereotype me by calling me mom.
    You have now got my opinion.

Big Bang Theory likes this.
  18. Npk

Npk Well-Known Member

Right goodnight.

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

Yes, and mixed the opinion is, indeed. You might missing the information that I have lived in Tunisia for some years, not as a worker, not as a tourist, in the beginning not even knowing anyone there, but as someone who honestly wanted to understand the culture.
    Initially, I thought that blending in and being modest is the best to do, being respectful and watching my every step. But boy, was I wrong - nobody respected me, when I talked in a normal voice, others shouted, when I lined up, others cut the cue, when I wanted to buy something, vendors expected me to pay double and triple the price, officials expected me to buy them a coffee or even surrender my mobile phone and the police treated me as some imbecile child. Whereever I went, immediately some tunisian men turned up and tried to chat me up, and the word "no, thank you" was just a signal to intensify their dumb approaching and befriending attempts.
    During the months and years, I talked to politicians, to hotel owners, to taxiphone owners, to drug addicts, whores, old and young, man and woman, to islamists and system critics. I lived in the wealthiest parts of town and, as well, in medium and even very poor parts, I visited areas and people in the north, east, west, south and the center, I walked the streets in the day and in the night, visited inofficial bars and high class restaurants and, trust me, I have seen and experienced things that even quite a few tunisians have never seen or experienced.

In the course of time, and I really do not want to go into detail here, I learned and I was a good learner, paid for it with a lot of money, time and experiencing open discrimination, too - but in the end, in almost all situations, others wh knew me considered me to be "like a tunisian".
    I also learned: Never talk bad about Tunisia or Tunisians (especially not when you are a tunisian) - but I was a bad learner here. I am talking bad about the US, about the UK, about France, about each and every country, even about my family, when there is good reason for critics.

Now, then let me say it more clear with one example. Let a European walk around with a nice tunisian girl - and then listen very carefully what is being said about him ... and her. This is personal insults, based on race and nationality, I even watched a physical attack on such couples - twice.

That is right, you don't have to - you don't have to at all if you do not count yourself amongst those who are described in the article, but you also should not feel obliged to defend those who do not need defending because they are not being attacked, or those who have not earned being defended. Yes, I know, "Never talk bad about Tunisia or about Tunisians", I know...

Npk, Big Bang Theory, Heidi and 3 others like this.
  20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

Sorry, that is nothing more than a phrase. It would be more honest to say openly, which kind of people exactly are welcome - and which are not and also, who exactly is "we". Personally, I feel welcome and valued by the people who know me - of those, who don't know me, most give the impression that they either don't care or do not welcome me at all. :)

21. KhalilK

KhalilK Member

@Etoyoc I certainly did not claim that Tunisians are the nicest people on earth...

This makes it seem like I was defending the scums you were addressing where in fact I despise them just as much as you do! All I said is make the title less general, that is it. I am sure you can go like "If the shoe fits..." but that won't get us anywhere if we're trying to have a civilised conversation here.

So yeah what I am saying is: "The title is too broad"
    What I am NOT saying: "Tunisians are great, Tunisians are not love rats"

22. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

"Tunisians, who are either poor or uncivilized or have no good education or have been in prison or who have no knowledge of the European culture or the language of their target country or do not want to integrate or want to divorce, if married to an European women, as soon as they have their citizenship, or who want not to work and gain only social welfare, or who want to live illegal or who want to deal illegal substances - PLEASE COME TO EUROPE!"

Did I miss someone? Maybe I can even use the asterick (*) with the word tunisians and then write the rest below the article, size 3 points, just ike the telephone companies do in their ads. :)

the nutty professor and Heidi like this.
  23. KhalilK

KhalilK Member

Again, I am referring to the TITLE, wouldn't it be more convenient to say "Tunisian Rats, please read..." ?

24. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

On the other hand, as it is, you have read the title, became interested, others have read the title, became interested, you and all others have read the article and well understood the content how it is meant. Bullseye, Mission accomplished!

25. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

No, because, as I have explained, it is not about rats, but about all tunisians who want to come to Europe and, in by far most (I am inclined to say: ALL) of the cases, have no idea what the situation is. It has actually nothing to do with rats, was just posted here because it applies to them too. :)

I can, as well, put "Egyptians" in the title, or "Nigerians" or all other nations from where men want to come as migrant workers to Europe because they think they have a chance to get a job (this is, btw, what the article was really targetting) - but in reality, those, who really would have a realistic chance, come by other means and do not want to come at all.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    Heidi likes this.