Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

2. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

magic and Mango Chutney like this.
  3. Mango Chutney

juicyfruit likes this.
  4. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Didn’t open the link because I can imagine it’s awful. They have no respect for animals there. I saw a video of four amateurs cutting a cows throat. Truly horrifying and the poor cow suffered so much and was terrified. They were cheering and laughing. Made me utterly sick and filled me with a hatred I felt very uncomfortable feeling.

Amira, juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  5. Mango Chutney

The pictures leave little to the imagination :Cry:
    It also mentions the death of a crocodile that was killed by stone (bricks) throwing!
    I know what you mean about the cow, I was traumatised after the sheep....they too laughed, cheered and took selfies :Evil: The horror will forever live with me.
    It's not normal to behave this way, it is so unbelievably cruel :Cry:
    I probably have photos of that animal when it was alive and healthy...I took pics in every enclosure.
    I saw the bear on Tunisian news a few months back. I loved that bear (at a distance!), he was big, healthy...and loved breadsticks...I took a few pics of him. Now, that beautiful bear is neglected and starving :Cry:
    There is an old lion and an old tiger in cages out the back. They have removed their teeth and nails so visitors can pet them and take selfies! Their enclosures were tiny and dirty....it's evil, so incredibly cruel :Cry:
    Some people shouldn't be around animals!

juicyfruit likes this.
  6. FoolInLove

FoolInLove Well-Known Member

Don´t support any Zoo´s or delfinariums anywhere! It´s bloody cruel :Cry::Cry:

Amira, Liona, Lovelylondon and 2 others like this.
  7. Mango Chutney

8. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

Fact the rats have zibis between their legs does not make them the men.. Just asexual durty coward creatures. How could they serve in the army?:confused:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  9. Lovelylondon

Lovelylondon Active Member

Just seen on sky news, Isis are re grouping in Libya and planning more attacks!

Mango Chutney likes this.
  10. Laura2014

No real surprise there. They object to the secular government in Tunisia and will do anything to prevent it. I would hate to be a tourist there, unable to trust anyone and personally would not want a holiday where there were armed guards roaming the beach!

11. Mango Chutney

Gutted they didn't have these facilities in place before I left the bastard.....I'd have been in there with his details before fleeing that country!
    It's not just domestic and sexual abuse, but also psychological and economical....so well worth Bezness victims remembering.
    Even though I suspect nothing would have come from my complaint (as a foreign woman), I'd have tried anyway:

"An investigation unit will be set up in Tunisia to investigate crimes of violence against children and women, the interior ministry has announced.

The “Central Crime Squad for the investigation of crimes of violence against women and children” will be built on the law adopted last year which criminalises and eliminates violence against women.

The unit will be linked to the judicial police of the National Security Directorate as well as the judicial affairs services of the Directorate General of the National Guard, according to the interior ministry.

Professionals will be part of the units with specialities in abuses – ranging from sexual to economic -against women and children and police will be trained to deal with the matters adequately.

Read: Tunisia launches new awareness campaign on violence against women

This announcement comes following concerns raised by organisations that the law on the fight against violence against women had not been applied properly and that there had been shortcomings by the government and authorities to care for victims of violence.

The Comprehensive Law on the Elimination of Violence against Women adopted by the Assembly of People’s Representatives (APR) encompasses various abuses such as sexual as well as public order crimes affecting economic and social rights.

Nearly 80 per cent of cases of physical and mental violence against women are perpetrated by the husband and 11 per cent of cases of sexual violence are committed by members of the family, according to a study prepared by the Tunisian Association of Democratic Women (ATFD) in November last year.

According to official statistics, 47 per cent of Tunisian women between the ages of 18 and 64 years have been subjected to violence at least once in their lives."

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...nvestigation-units-on-violence-against-women/

juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  12. Laura2014

What’s the bet that the main investigators will be men!
    They won’t have the knowledge or expertise to run this service. Lip service at best... incompetent and potentially dangerous for women at worst.

juicyfruit likes this.
  13. Mango Chutney

I'd have still given it a try....but only when I knew I was never returning!
    For a Tunisian woman, yes, if the information got into the wrong hands ....it could potentially be very dangerous. Shelters for women are very low on the ground.

juicyfruit likes this.