Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

2. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

magic and Mango Chutney like this.
  3. Mango Chutney

juicyfruit likes this.
  4. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Didn’t open the link because I can imagine it’s awful. They have no respect for animals there. I saw a video of four amateurs cutting a cows throat. Truly horrifying and the poor cow suffered so much and was terrified. They were cheering and laughing. Made me utterly sick and filled me with a hatred I felt very uncomfortable feeling.

Amira, juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  5. Mango Chutney

The pictures leave little to the imagination :Cry:
    It also mentions the death of a crocodile that was killed by stone (bricks) throwing!
    I know what you mean about the cow, I was traumatised after the sheep....they too laughed, cheered and took selfies :Evil: The horror will forever live with me.
    It's not normal to behave this way, it is so unbelievably cruel :Cry:
    I probably have photos of that animal when it was alive and healthy...I took pics in every enclosure.
    I saw the bear on Tunisian news a few months back. I loved that bear (at a distance!), he was big, healthy...and loved breadsticks...I took a few pics of him. Now, that beautiful bear is neglected and starving :Cry:
    There is an old lion and an old tiger in cages out the back. They have removed their teeth and nails so visitors can pet them and take selfies! Their enclosures were tiny and dirty....it's evil, so incredibly cruel :Cry:
    Some people shouldn't be around animals!

juicyfruit likes this.
  6. FoolInLove

FoolInLove Well-Known Member

Don´t support any Zoo´s or delfinariums anywhere! It´s bloody cruel :Cry::Cry:

Amira, Liona, Lovelylondon and 2 others like this.
  7. Mango Chutney

8. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

Fact the rats have zibis between their legs does not make them the men.. Just asexual durty coward creatures. How could they serve in the army?:confused:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  9. Lovelylondon

Lovelylondon Active Member

Just seen on sky news, Isis are re grouping in Libya and planning more attacks!

Mango Chutney likes this.
  10. Laura2014

No real surprise there. They object to the secular government in Tunisia and will do anything to prevent it. I would hate to be a tourist there, unable to trust anyone and personally would not want a holiday where there were armed guards roaming the beach!

11. Mango Chutney

Gutted they didn't have these facilities in place before I left the bastard.....I'd have been in there with his details before fleeing that country!
    It's not just domestic and sexual abuse, but also psychological and economical....so well worth Bezness victims remembering.
    Even though I suspect nothing would have come from my complaint (as a foreign woman), I'd have tried anyway:

"An investigation unit will be set up in Tunisia to investigate crimes of violence against children and women, the interior ministry has announced.

The “Central Crime Squad for the investigation of crimes of violence against women and children” will be built on the law adopted last year which criminalises and eliminates violence against women.

The unit will be linked to the judicial police of the National Security Directorate as well as the judicial affairs services of the Directorate General of the National Guard, according to the interior ministry.

Professionals will be part of the units with specialities in abuses – ranging from sexual to economic -against women and children and police will be trained to deal with the matters adequately.

Read: Tunisia launches new awareness campaign on violence against women

This announcement comes following concerns raised by organisations that the law on the fight against violence against women had not been applied properly and that there had been shortcomings by the government and authorities to care for victims of violence.

The Comprehensive Law on the Elimination of Violence against Women adopted by the Assembly of People’s Representatives (APR) encompasses various abuses such as sexual as well as public order crimes affecting economic and social rights.

Nearly 80 per cent of cases of physical and mental violence against women are perpetrated by the husband and 11 per cent of cases of sexual violence are committed by members of the family, according to a study prepared by the Tunisian Association of Democratic Women (ATFD) in November last year.

According to official statistics, 47 per cent of Tunisian women between the ages of 18 and 64 years have been subjected to violence at least once in their lives."

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...nvestigation-units-on-violence-against-women/

juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  12. Laura2014

What’s the bet that the main investigators will be men!
    They won’t have the knowledge or expertise to run this service. Lip service at best... incompetent and potentially dangerous for women at worst.

juicyfruit likes this.
  13. Mango Chutney

I'd have still given it a try....but only when I knew I was never returning!
    For a Tunisian woman, yes, if the information got into the wrong hands ....it could potentially be very dangerous. Shelters for women are very low on the ground.

juicyfruit likes this.
  14. Mango Chutney

Holy freakin moly...this is not good, those rats are gonna be getting real desperate to get out now! :eek:
    Their currency could eventually be devalued and reduced to junk status, this would lead to runaway inflation, insurgency and a complete breakdown of infrastructure, as the dinar becomes worthless!
    Keep your purses closed, folks! No wonder they are desperate to get the British tourists back :eek:

Tunisia’s Debt Races to Danger Zone, at 69.9 Percent of GDP
    Published March 4th, 2018 - 10:23 GMT via SyndiGate.info

[​IMG]
    Tunisia's external debt includes 50 percent of multilateral debts, 14 percent of bilateral debts and 36 percent of debts contracted with the international financial market. (Shutterstock)

Tunisia’s public debt reached, at the end of December 2017, 69.9% of GDP against 61.9% in 2016, according to the December 2017 Public Debt Monthly Brochure posted by the Finance Ministry on its website.

In terms of value, outstanding public debt rose from 55 921.5 MD (million dinars) for the whole of 2016 to 68,073.7 MD at the end of December 2017.

The external debt stood in December 2017 at 46,785.1 MD (48.04% of GDP). It includes 50% of multilateral debts, 14% of bilateral debts and 36% of debts contracted with the international financial market.

Domestic debt stood at 21,288.6 MD (21.86% of GDP) and is essentially made up of assimilable treasury bonds (59%) and deposits at the General Treasury of Tunisia (31%).

As a result, the debt service also increased from 5,198.3 MD for the whole of 2016 to 7,003.9 MD at the end of December 2017. The 2017 complementary finance law projected a debt service of 7,090 MD.

Following the same trend, external borrowing recorded at the end of December 2017 stood at 8,644.5 MD, more than the double in 2016 (4,013.5 MD). Domestic borrowing, however, dropped from 3,888.6 MD for 2016 to 2,680.6 MD at the end of December 2017.

https://www.albawaba.com/en/business/tunisia’s-debt-races-danger-zone-699-percent-gdp-1097098

Liona, juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  15. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Shit, now the rat family of our US member don't even has to make up a story to get to her money. She'll be glad to help out the family in their hour of need.... What a mess :(

Liona, juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  16. Mango Chutney

Yup.....no wonder they happily moved her over there as part of the scam!! Gotta clean her out of every last dinar :eek:

Tiger, Liona, juicyfruit and 2 others like this.
  17. Mango Chutney

Wow, a seven month extension! I've never seen that before!! :eek:

Tunisia prolongs state of emergency for 7 more months

State of emergency endows interior minister with exceptional powers, including imposition of curfews, media censorship

home > world, middle east 06.03.2018 Ali H. M.Abo Rezeg Tunis

[​IMG]

By Yousra Wannas

TUNIS

Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi on Tuesday announced the extension of a countrywide state of emergency for another seven months.

“Following consultations with Prime Minister Yusuf al-Shahid and Parliament Speaker Mohamed al-Nasser, President Essebsi has decided to extend the state of emergency for seven more months,” read a statement issued by Essebsi’s office.

A state of emergency was first imposed following Tunisia’s popular uprising in late 2010/early 2011, which ended the regime of longstanding President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali after almost 25 years in power.

A second state of emergency was imposed in late 2015 after a terrorist attack in capital Tunis left dozens dead, including security personnel.

Since renewed several times, the state of emergency endows the interior minister with exceptional powers, including the imposition of curfews, prohibition of assemblies and media censorship without judicial approval.

https://aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/tunisia-prolongs-state-of-emergency-for-7-more-months/1081635

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...s-state-of-emergency-for-additional-7-months/

juicyfruit likes this.
  18. Mango Chutney

Good for savers, bad for buyers!! God help those that have mortgages!

Tunisia raises benchmark rate to 5.75 pct to fight inflation hitting 7.1 percent
    Tarek Amara
    TUNIS (Reuters) - Tunisia’s central bank raised its key interest rate to 5.75 percent from 5.00 percent on Monday to tackle inflation that has hit the highest level since 1990.

A man walks towards the Central Bank in Tunis, Tunisia, April 27, 2016. REUTERS/Zoubeir Souissi
    The hike is the first under new central bank governor Marwan El Abbasi, who pledged last month after his appointment was approved by parliament to take “extraordinary measures” to end an economic crisis and bring down inflation.

SPONSORED STORIES

The central bank said in a statement that it had taken its decision after analysing “the evolution of monetary aggregates and macroeconomic data, as well as leading indicators of the national situation”.

Tunisia’s annual inflation rate rose to 7.1 percent in February from 6.9 percent in January, its highest reading for nearly 28 years, official data showed.

ADVERTISING
    inRead invented by Teads
    The central bank had last raised its key interest rate from 4.75 percent to 5.00 percent last May, the second of two hikes that month as it tried to halt a slide in the dinar currency, which has hit historic lows against the euro and the dollar.

The dinar has slumped as a worsening trade deficit has eroded Tunisia’s foreign currency reserves to cover only 80 days of imports for the first time in 16 years.

Tunisia’s trade deficit widened in December to $6.25 billion, a record level.

The country has been praised as the only democratic success among the nations where “Arab Spring” revolts took place in 2011. But successive governments have failed to trim deficits and create economic growth.

Tunisia’s parliament approved last month a plan by the central bank to sell bonds worth $1 billion in the second half of March to help finance the 2018 budget.

The government forecasts the budget deficit to fall to 4.9 percent of gross domestic product in 2018, from about 6 percent expected in 2017. It aims to raise GDP growth to about 3 percent next year from 2.3 percent this year

Protests against tax and price increases erupted this year and social tensions over the economy are still simmering.

Protesters calling for jobs have brought Tunisia’s entire phosphate output to a halt by staging sit-ins at installations of sole Tunisian phosphates producer, the state-run Gafsa Phosphate (CPG).

https://af.reuters.com/article/afri...News+(News+/+AFRICA+/+Business+News)&&rpc=401

And this....the cost of living is going through the roof!

Tunisia consumer inflation rises to 7.1 pct in February
    Source: Xinhua 2018-03-07 01:46:37

TUNIS, March 6 (Xinhua) -- The consumer inflation rate in Tunisia reached 7.1 percent in February, compared to 6.9 percent in January, the National Institute of Statistics (INS) of Tunisia announced on Tuesday.

The increase is due to the accelerated price of the clothing-shoes group, which was 6.9 percent compared to 5.9 percent in January. The transport group rose to 9.5 percent in February against 8.7 percent in January, according to the main public institution specialized in strategic economic studies and official statistics in Tunisia.

Excluding food and energy, February's inflation rate is around 7 percent, compared with 6.6 percent in January, according to figures from INS.

In February 2017, inflation rate was around 4.6 percent, and 5.3 percent for the whole year of 2017.

INS also indicated that the index of prices for home consumption in Tunisia has declined by 0.1 percent point in February 2018.

https://af.reuters.com/article/afri...News+(News+/+AFRICA+/+Business+News)&&rpc=401

It seriously is no wonder that we are now getting desperate fat rats, desperate old rats booking weddings without an accepted proposal, rats moving victims over and Tunisia begging the tourists to return....this is insane!
    It'll all kick off for the May elections.....God knows how they can say it's safe for tourists....that boiling pot we've been watching get hotter and hotter is now burning over.

Liona, juicyfruit, Tiger and 2 others like this.
  19. Mango Chutney

And people wonder why I refused point blank to move my Western raised children into this backwards society :rolleyes:

Tunisia: child exploitation cases increased by 60% in 2017 compared to 2016

March 28, 2018 at 12:43 am | Published in: Africa, News, Tunisia
    [​IMG]
    The Tunisian flag is raised up to the highest flagpole on the 61st anniversary of Tunisia's independence in Tunis, Tunisia on 20 March 2017 [Amine Landoulsi/Anadolu Agency]

March 28, 2018 at 12:43 am
    SHARES
    Organized begging networks in Baghdad, children are victims

He added that “Child Protection Delegates have received 16,158 notices of child exploitation in 2017, and the threats contained in the notices showed that 63.1 per cent of the children have been abused in the domestic environment at home, while 17.7 per cent of them have been threatened in the street, and 3 per cent of them have been bullied in education institutions.”

Child Protection Delegate pointed out that “The parents’ inability to take enough care of their children represented the main cause of 3,634 cases, 27.4 per cent, while cases of sexual exploitation accounted for 7.4 per cent (680 children versus 295 children).”

According to the report, the number of children’s suicide attempts has increased by 78.1 per cent. The suicide attempts among exploited children have increased from 195 cases in 2016 to 319 cases in 2017.

#ChildrensDay
    In 2017, Child Protection Delegates requested 14,068 legal permits (to raise cases of exploitation) and 4,279 social and psychological investigations by the concerned authorities, according to the General Child Protection Delegate.

Hammadi confirmed that in 2017, 13,916 protective measures were taken for 12,751 cases, which included providing help as well as psychological and social care to children within their natural environment. In addition, a number of new-borns and orphans were sheltered in child care centres.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/2...ses-increased-by-60-in-2017-compared-to-2016/

Liona, juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  20. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

:Cry::Cry::(:(:mad::mad::Evil:

Brasilgirl likes this.
  21. Mango Chutney