Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I just realized a good defensive tactic against rats... adding 10 or 20 years to your age and listing yourself as living in Tunisia on Facebook. Lol!
It wouldn't put them off though. They'd play the 'Age is just a number' card with more frequency....and think you were fair game, living there with a foreign pension or savings....and the deluded belief that with time, they'd be able to convince you it is a much better idea to live in your country :thumbsup:

Liona

adding 10 or 20 years to your age and listing yourself as living in Tunisia on Facebook. Lol!
Could you just imagine how much your not Tunisian friends will be surprised.:D:D:D

A sixteen-year-old writer challenges her home country’s insistence that a woman’s worth be determined by her marital status...
I personally witnessed this many times. And it was not only in Tunisia.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah... your right :(
:D:D:D

We can see through and predict their behaviours better than they can :thumbsup:
Could you just imagine how much your not Tunisian friends will be surprised.:D:D:D
Hahaha.....ya...they'd be a few shocked folk out there! :D:D

They'd be after the secret of our having such youthful looks.....whilst having one foot in the grave :D

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Just seems to be the norm now. This new extension will take it to over three years.....think I'll be more shocked once it's lifted, than I am to see it extended again.

Tunisia extends state of emergency for
additional month.

November 7, 2018 at 5:49 am | Published in: Africa, News, Tunisia

Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi speaks at a press conference in Tunis, Tunisia on 27 December 2017 [Yassine Gaidi/Anadolu Agency]

November 7, 2018 at 5:49 am

Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi has decided to extend the countrywide state of emergency for an additional month starting 7 November, the presidency announced yesterday.

“Following consultations on the country’s security situation with the Prime Minister Youssef Chahed and the President of the People’s Representatives Assembly Mohamed Ennaceur, the president decided to extend the state of emergency throughout the country for one more month,” the presidency statement read.

The state of emergency was first imposed in Tunisia on 24 November 2015, following a bloody bomb attack which targeted a bus of the presidential guard, leaving 12 dead. Since then, the state of emergency in Tunisia has been extended many times.

The last extension, which lasted for a month, was imposed on 8 October.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20181107-tunisia-extends-state-of-emergency-for-additional-month/

Laura2014

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t even know what a SOE is there, does it mean the army patrols the street or stop and search is more prevelant?

Heidi

Administrator
I don’t even know what a SOE is there
Tunisia
According to a recent World Bank study, the state holds 50‑100% of the markets in gas and electricity, bus, rail and air transport, water, sanitation and fixed-line telecommunications. The big three state banks, Société tunisienne de banque, Banque nationale agricole and Banque de l'habitat, account for 40% of banking assets and over half of banking transactions. SOEs have a dominant role in the production, import and distribution of goods such as cereals, vegetable oil, sugar, meat, tea, coffee, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas. Tunisia's biggest company by turnover, Société tunisienne des industries de raffinage, an oil refiner, is a majority SOE, as are another six of the top ten biggest firms: Société tunisienne de l'électricité et du gaz, a gas and electricity utility; Groupe chimique, a fertiliser producer; Entreprise tunisienne d'activités pétrolières, an oil and gas producer; Tunisie Télécom; Société nationale de distribution des pétroles, a pipeline operator; and Tunisair, the national carrier. Other SOEs in the top 20 biggest firms include a pharmaceuticals importer and distributor, a tobacco distributor, a shipping firm and an airport operator. The state also owns many small enterprises, including hotels, restaurants, golf courses and farms.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t even know what a SOE is there, does it mean the army patrols the street or stop and search is more prevelant?
Pretty much, yeah. It gives the military and police the right to stop gatherings, preventing those violent protests and to do stop and search type thingys.
I dare say there's probably a lot more to it than that too.

Laura2014

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty much, yeah. It gives the military and police the right to stop gatherings, preventing those violent protests and to do stop and search type thingys.
I dare say there's probably a lot more to it than that too.
I’m sure it’s more to do with preventing gatherings and demonstrations. From what I have read prices are escalating out of control and many basic things have doubled in price. There’s a lot of discontent with the government and lack of progress and job opportunities. It’s a vicious circle instability prevents many countries from investing there. Lack of training means they don’t have a skilled workforce and I guess a poor infrastructure makes it very unreliable.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
N.C. (Tunisian) man sentenced for immigration fraud:
August 8, 2018 Laurinburg Exchange
"Houcine Ghoul was sentenced to 24 months imprisonment , followed by deportation, after facing immigration fraud and tax charges." Source:
https://wtkr.com/2018/08/09/immigration-fraud-results-in-imprisonment-and-deportation-for-north-carolina-man/

Houcine Ghoul pleaded guilty to these charges on Nov. 13, 2017.

Ghoul, a citizen of Tunisia, entered the U.S. in 2001 on a tourist visa. After overstaying his visa, he married a U.S. citizen, whom he later divorced, and obtained status as a legal permanent resident.

The investigation into Ghoul’s conduct began in April 2014 when he posted a photo online that explicitly displayed support for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization. This photo displayed an individual holding a sign with the Arabic phrase, “The victory of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria,” and then below this in English was written, “ISIS,” and “N. Carolina, USA.” The investigation later discovered that the individual holding the sign was merely an unwitting participant asked to hold the sign while Ghoul posed him in order to take the photo...

https://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/17046/n-c-man-sentenced-for-immigration-fraud
Would be great if this happened to all of them scammers. This one called attention due to his terrorist posts.

Brasilgirl

Would be great if this happened to all of them scammers. This one called attention due to his terrorist posts.
And that is an important thing to consider. How do you know that this ‘nice Tunisian man’ who says he loves you isn’t a terrorist or have ties to ISIS? It’s easy enough to tell if he’s a rat. They follow a pattern. But what about something worse? They are masters at brainwashing. They can convince people to blow themselves up for the cause.
It scares me how close I could have come to real big problems if the rat was involved in that shit. I’m not saying I think my rat was or is a terrorist, but some are, and this guy proves it.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
And that is an important thing to consider. How do you know that this ‘nice Tunisian man’ who says he loves you isn’t a terrorist or have ties to ISIS? It’s easy enough to tell if he’s a rat. They follow a pattern. But what about something worse? They are masters at brainwashing. They can convince people to blow themselves up for the cause.
It scares me how close I could have come to real big problems if the rat was involved in that shit. I’m not saying I think my rat was or is a terrorist, but some are, and this guy proves it.
Exactly, victims can’t know since their profiles are fake or set up to hook victims. My rat changes on every profile his interests according to his current victim. Just to create an empathy bond. Until he breaks up with a victim he sets it again to his regular interests... :rolleyes: used to feel mortified now I just can see what a loser he is.

Last edited:

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
How do you know that this ‘nice Tunisian man’ who says he loves you isn’t a terrorist or have ties to ISIS?
I can’t remeber if I read a story here on the forum or it was somewhere else. A British lady realized she was victim of marriage fraud or love scammed after years when her husband appeared on the news, he was one of the Terrorist attacks perpetrators in London. One of those multiple attempts was performed by her husband. If I remeber well she had two kids with that guy. Can you imagine how brutal is that for her? Their kids? And all family memebers. Her life got into other whole new world. But could be any of us, they just want us as bridges...:Evil:

Brasilgirl

It definitely makes me scared who I get involved with, new people in general. At any moment a freak can pop up. All after the rat. I wasn’t like that before.
I understand. I’m very cautious who I become friends with now. I’m not as open and friendly as I used to be. Part of that is growing up, but most of it is because of the rat. I don’t trust people like I used to.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
I have no doubt that my guy would have gone radical Islam, because of his angry political views throughout the relationship and him trying to force me to convert to Islam. It was a daily obsession for him, as well as demeaning my religion. He threatened to divorce me because I wouldn't convert, but by that time I had already been a member here for a few months (plus been reading for several more).

His big dream was converting me to Islam and then we would go around the world and convert other people to Islam. Basically, he would be some holy man and I would be his side-kick Christian wife. Lol. Anyways, his mind was scary and prone to violence and lies and basically bad stuff, so I have no doubt he would crash in the culture shock of democracy, and become really negative, and potentially dangerous to others. The extremist programming is there for these many of these rats.
Mine too used to speak with too much hate and anger about politics. But never heard him say positive things. Even Hitler was one of his admirable figures. I used to cut those talks, no empathy for kids nor elder. Anyone.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
The extremist programming is there for these many of these rats.
Yes, mine has it too.
He also had all the knowledge of how to join terrorist organisations and volumes of cash involved. You don't just know random stuff like that for no reason.....you must actively search for it. It's pretty frightening.
Even Hitler was one of his admirable figures.
Mine adored Hitler :eek:
He used swastikas on a few profiles, told me life would have been good for Muslims if Hitler had won the war. He said Hitler loved them, would not listen to my comments about Hitler calling them dirty monkeys (or similar), and when I showed him proof, from a segment of 'Mein Kampf' on Google....he said it was lies....he said somebody had changed Hitler's words.
I was given the silent treatment for my truths :rolleyes:
He also did searches on all my known family names, to ensure I had zero Jewish blood :Evil:

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Think it's important to put this here, as the Tunisian authorities have played it right down. This woman was a terrorist with a very well recognised group. It's been made to sound as though she was just unemployed and angry. It's been made to sound like she was not a terrorist ....but she was:

Tunis bomber had sworn allegiance to IS: minister
By AFP

PUBLISHED: 12:59, 19 November 2018 | UPDATED: 12:59, 19 November 2018

+1
Forensic experts examine the site where 30-year-old Mna Guebla blew herself up in Tunis on October 29, 2018

An unemployed graduate who blew herself up in Tunisia's capital last month had sworn allegiance to the Islamic State group, the interior minister said Monday.

Mna Guebla detonated a bomb near police cars on the busy upmarket Avenue Habib Bourguiba in central Tunis on October 29, killing herself and wounding 26 people, mostly police officers, Hichem Fourati told parliament.

Guebla had used "secret communication channels" to make contact with "terrorist leaders inside and outside the country" and to swear allegiance to IS, he added.

Fourati said the 30-year-old had received online instructions on bomb-making from "terrorist elements" based in the country's mountainous east, the epicentre of a long-running jihadist campaign of attacks targeting Tunisian security forces.

The attack was the first to rock the Tunisian capital since 2015.

Police sources said the assailant appeared to have used a homemade bomb rather than an explosive belt.

Guebla, who lived in a marginalised rural area in the eastern Mahdia region, was studying for a doctorate and spent hours on the computer locked in her room, but her family said there was no indication she was being radicalised.

After her death, authorities found "a quantity of raw materials used in the manufacture of explosives" at her house, Fourati said.

Local media have reported that her distraught family refused to receive the body and did not attend her burial.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-6405911/Tunis-bomber-sworn-allegiance-IS-minister.html

Going for the limit

They are crazy liona. They all were writing posts rip she was a victim! No god damn idea what news they were watching but wasnt the same as me and i was there when it happened
Dont get me wrong at the time they didnt have much information to work with but clearly everyone knew she was a terrorist.

tipme

I didn’t trust before meeting my rat (because I'm put off by and resist fast romantic relationships), and that didn’t protect me, at all. Scamming can happen to anyone, even if you’re very careful, controlled, etc. Don't blame yourself. Just have better safety mechanisms, like having trusted family/friends check a guy out, and maybe even running a background check :D
Trying to do a background check is like trying to find a needle in a haystackmost of these bastards go by different names were, given a national insurance number that's us for life. We're these cunts use that many names there granny's wouldn't no them. Standing in the Dr's the other day, reception asked his name say mohamad dead original lolasked his date of birth had to phone a friend got a life line lol who the fuk don't no your date of birth so scamming again made me mad so to do a back ground check no hope most of these guys have done jail. But it's not on there form so girls beware if you have children you don't no who your introducing to your child.

Brasilgirl

Trying to do a background check is like trying to find a needle in a haystackmost of these bastards go by different names were, given a national insurance number that's us for life. We're these cunts use that many names there granny's wouldn't no them. Standing in the Dr's the other day, reception asked his name say mohamad dead original lolasked his date of birth had to phone a friend got a life line lol who the fuk don't no your date of birth so scamming again made me mad so to do a back ground check no hope most of these guys have done jail. But it's not on there form so girls beware if you have children you don't no who your introducing to your child.
That is true! It’s bad enough with the crazy people we have over here. It’s impossible there because a lot of things like mental health are not treated over there, so impossible to check.

Snuggle

My rat was telling me about the woman with the bom she was tricked into it. Somebody heard that she was going to Tunis to look for a job and asked her to take a box for him to give to one of his family members. So she didn’t know there was a bom inside. What a load of crap.

Top Bottom