Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

I’m sure it’s more to do with preventing gatherings and demonstrations. From what I have read prices are escalating out of control and many basic things have doubled in price. There’s a lot of discontent with the government and lack of progress and job opportunities. It’s a vicious circle instability prevents many countries from investing there. Lack of training means they don’t have a skilled workforce and I guess a poor infrastructure makes it very unreliable.

2. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

N.C. (Tunisian) man sentenced for immigration fraud:
    August 8, 2018 Laurinburg Exchange
    "Houcine Ghoul was sentenced to 24 months imprisonment , followed by deportation, after facing immigration fraud and tax charges." Source:
    https://wtkr.com/2018/08/09/immigra...nment-and-deportation-for-north-carolina-man/

Houcine Ghoul pleaded guilty to these charges on Nov. 13, 2017.

Ghoul, a citizen of Tunisia, entered the U.S. in 2001 on a tourist visa. After overstaying his visa, he married a U.S. citizen, whom he later divorced, and obtained status as a legal permanent resident.

The investigation into Ghoul’s conduct began in April 2014 when he posted a photo online that explicitly displayed support for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization. This photo displayed an individual holding a sign with the Arabic phrase, “The victory of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria,” and then below this in English was written, “ISIS,” and “N. Carolina, USA.” The investigation later discovered that the individual holding the sign was merely an unwitting participant asked to hold the sign while Ghoul posed him in order to take the photo...

https://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/17046/n-c-man-sentenced-for-immigration-fraud

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018 at 7:52 PM
    Liona, AmberHeart, Laura2014 and 2 others like this.
  3. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

Would be great if this happened to all of them scammers. This one called attention due to his terrorist posts.

Jisela, Liona and Brasilgirl like this.
  4. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

And that is an important thing to consider. How do you know that this ‘nice Tunisian man’ who says he loves you isn’t a terrorist or have ties to ISIS? It’s easy enough to tell if he’s a rat. They follow a pattern. But what about something worse? They are masters at brainwashing. They can convince people to blow themselves up for the cause.
    It scares me how close I could have come to real big problems if the rat was involved in that shit. I’m not saying I think my rat was or is a terrorist, but some are, and this guy proves it.

Jisela and AmberHeart like this.
  5. AmberHeart

Exactly, victims can’t know since their profiles are fake or set up to hook victims. My rat changes on every profile his interests according to his current victim. On the accounts he had me it was plenty of plants and gardening wich is something I love. Just to create an empathy bond. Until he breaks up with a victim he sets it again to his regular interests, including following an Imam who is banned in UK and other countries due to his hate preachings or ties to pro Terrorism. Not sure if this guy really believes so or if he wants to communicate ex victims he hates us.. not sure. He becomes cynical, attitude no one can touch me. Indeed he posts aggressive lines like no one can stop me or I know I hurt you but screaming goes well with you... :rolleyes: used to feel mortified now I just can see what a loser he is.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 3:20 PM
    Jisela, Mango Chutney and Brasilgirl like this.
  6. AmberHeart

Now this is a subject that makes me think a lot. Forgetting his lies, betrayal and bad manners, this is a huge subject. My family has Diplomat career, some have leading charges at government in several countries. So imagine I bring this person among them. It would have cause a problem to all of them. The rat wanted me to get him a direct appointment with a Canadian consul trough my father’s contacts. (After blackmailing me). I could manage to tell him it was better he applied online then later he would get his appointment. Lol it never happened and his data went straight to files. But scares me thinking what if I had set my family into problems just for a worthless rat.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 3:18 PM
    Jisela, Mango Chutney and Brasilgirl like this.
  7. AmberHeart

It definitely makes me scared who I get involved with, new people in general. At any moment a freak can pop up. All after the rat. I wasn’t like that before.

Jisela and Brasilgirl like this.
  8. AmberHeart

I can’t remeber if I read a story here on the forum or it was somewhere else. A British lady realized she was victim of marriage fraud or love scammed after years when her husband appeared on the news, he was one of the Terrorist attacks perpetrators in London. One of those multiple attempts was performed by her husband. If I remeber well she had two kids with that guy. Can you imagine how brutal is that for her? Their kids? And all family memebers. Her life got into other whole new world. But could be any of us, they just want us as bridges...:Evil:

Jisela likes this.
  9. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

I understand. I’m very cautious who I become friends with now. I’m not as open and friendly as I used to be. Part of that is growing up, but most of it is because of the rat. I don’t trust people like I used to.

10. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

I didn’t trust before meeting my rat (because I'm put off by and resist fast romantic relationships), and that didn’t protect me, at all. Scamming can happen to anyone, even if you’re very careful, controlled, etc. Don't blame yourself. Just have better safety mechanisms, like having trusted family/friends check a guy out, and maybe even running a background check :D

Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  11. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that my guy would have gone radical Islam, because of his angry political views throughout the relationship and him trying to force me to convert to Islam. It was a daily obsession for him, as well as demeaning my religion. He threatened to divorce me because I wouldn't convert, but by that time I had already been a member here for a few months (plus been reading for several more).

His big dream was converting me to Islam and then we would go around the world and convert other people to Islam. Basically, he would be some holy man and I would be his side-kick Christian wife. Lol. Anyways, his mind was scary and prone to violence and lies and basically bad stuff, so I have no doubt he would crash in the culture shock of democracy, and become really negative, and potentially dangerous to others. The extremist programming is there for these many of these rats.

12. AmberHeart

Mine too used to speak with too much hate and anger about politics. But never heard him say positive things. Even Hitler was one of his admirable figures. I used to cut those talks, no empathy for kids nor elder. Anyone.

Mango Chutney, Brasilgirl and Jisela like this.
  13. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Yes, mine has it too.
    He also had all the knowledge of how to join terrorist organisations and volumes of cash involved. You don't just know random stuff like that for no reason.....you must actively search for it. It's pretty frightening.
    Mine adored Hitler :eek:
    He used swastikas on a few profiles, told me life would have been good for Muslims if Hitler had won the war. He said Hitler loved them, would not listen to my comments about Hitler calling them dirty monkeys (or similar), and when I showed him proof, from a segment of 'Mein Kampf' on Google....he said it was lies....he said somebody had changed Hitler's words.
    I was given the silent treatment for my truths :rolleyes:
    He also did searches on all my known family names, to ensure I had zero Jewish blood :Evil:

Brasilgirl and Jisela like this.
  14. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

I told mine that I f*cking hated Hitler and I'm glad he is dead. And that it makes me sick that he wanted to talk about Hitler. And that if Hitler was still alive he would have killed the BROWN SKINNED MUSLIMS TOO because he was a fucking racist. Excuse my language ladies. Sorry. But, it's a bad language day for me.

Brasilgirl and Mango Chutney like this.