Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Mystery

indeed it's sad especially the pollution it's a shame
How can you educate people on the dangers of pollution ?. I would see women just throw dirty pampers out of Windows, either to lazy or not allowed out. There is a degree of illness in Tn from pollution. I see the hospitals dirty I just wonder where do they dump that rubbish.
Granted it's not so bad as Algeria but go from the tourist areas and your in another world.
You got cockroaches nasty black bugs I hate them. There's small black bugs that run all over the place. They were running all over my phone didn't notice I answered the phone and 1 got in my ear. In the kitchens omg they everywhere come out when the lights are off.
I had to buy this stuff and put it everywhere.
Still they came. I use to see a man come around and empty the rubbish out of a skip he left more on the floor. Such a beautiful country but need a government that's not corrupt and put money where it's needed. The souk in tunis capital such beautiful architect yet it's being ruined.

Mystery

I loved the souk in Tunis, but even there, it hides another ugly element....in the whore houses that hide down alleyways.
Did you see those humungous black cockroach thingys? Omg....freaked the crap outta me! I am not good with bugs :D
Me either I screamed every time I seen them.
I was not on the bottom appartment and yet they were every where.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
When you say dangerous? Can you elaborate a little more for the folk that get the nice beach photos, etc. They need.to know the truth.

Rats send many photos of blue water, beaches and nice things and people get sucked into that. Nadou, explain the dangers, please.
And they also promise it isn’t as dangerous as the news say like it’s a plot to avoid tourists to go. That everything is just fine.

Snuggle

They say the hotels are safe and there is a lot of security. Last year I was in a hotel and I nearly pissed myself laughing at the security gate. Some lazy Tunisian man sitting there smoking cigarettes they came out and so called checked the bottom of the car with a mirror. They had no security training whatsoever. I told my rat next time we stick something at the bottom and see what happens.

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
there is a lot of security.
Those buggers are rats too :rolleyes:
Some lazy Tunisian man sitting there smoking cigarettes they came out and so called checked the bottom of the car with a mirror.
Blimey....puts the FBI to shame! :D

I'm sure you felt most secure in your hotel after that thorough check....ain't no terrorist getting past a guard.....armed with a fag and a mirror :rolleyes:

I must admit.....my spy work with mirrors worked a treat.....no more hiding in the bathroom with his phone for my rat :thumbsup:

Mystery

Those buggers are rats too :rolleyes:

Blimey....puts the FBI to shame! :D

I'm sure you felt most secure in your hotel after that thorough check....ain't no terrorist getting past a guard.....armed with a fag and a mirror :rolleyes:

I must admit.....my spy work with mirrors worked a treat.....no more hiding in the bathroom with his phone for my rat :thumbsup:
There wasn't a gap big enough for me to look

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
There wasn't a gap big enough for me to look
There was barely a gap for me, hence the mirrors....and my being spread eagled across the floor like a freakin starfish :D
Desperate times call for desperate measures....and I was determined to discover why he was "sheeting" for so many hours. ...coz it was a sure thing I knew he wasn't washing himself in there :D

Mystery

There was barely a gap for me, hence the mirrors....and my being spread eagled across the floor like a freakin starfish :D
Desperate times call for desperate measures....and I was determined to discover why he was "sheeting" for so many hours. ...coz it was a sure thing I knew he wasn't washing himself in there :D
:D:D:D I am picturing it lol

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
What if he was just having a sheet omg the smell
Poor star fish would end up a crab.:D
Girl.....nothing could sheet for that freakin long....and for so many times daily!
From the first time I turned starfish....and saw those freakin shorts were not round his ankles, I knew something was amiss....so I brought in the big guns.....mirrors!!! :D

Amira

Will Tunisia ever be in peace ? yes someday but not today or tomorrow or this year , why ? because even though the people are lazy ,stupid and brainwashed ,the corruption cannot be denied , are we supposed to stay still when everything is getting worse ? debt , unemployment .... The state that bourguiba built after the independence is a lie and a joke ,there's no hope in fixing that state and its problems ,the only solution is to destroy it and build again ,destroying the old state won't and shouldn't be peaceful ,a lot of politicians and thieves must die for their crimes against the people ,the islamic party ennahdha and its followers must be wiped out ,every traitor who deals with arabs and turks must be punished as well .money must be spent on building schools not mosques ,we have more than enough mosques ! .it's a small country not very hard to rule which means unlike what they say there is hope in tomorrow they want us to believe tunisia is always weak and will always be weak so that they remain here ,steal as much as they want .The country that relies on tourism and is always begging tourists to come is a joke ! the country that 90% of its people want to leave to other countries is a joke .Tunisia is dangerous ,the despair is everywhere ,so please be safe don't come here .you have nothing to see anyways some dirty beaches and rats ,
I like Tunisia. Tunisia has something good to offer. They have great food there and the bazaars are exciting but what I do not like about the Arab world and this including Tunisia is that they have become extreme in recent years everything should be done properly. Yes I know that Tunisia is a Muslim country but also very double moral because their men can do whatever they want even up to several mistresses and their wives must accept it because of this honor. Of course, it is important with family members and listen to advice but one should not be a nod to the men it is wrong. The Bezness culture will only increase as long as the authorities do not address the issues. It seems to me that everyone only cares about themselves and is not interested in building their own country .

Amira

of course ,the past and present influence ,well the past because of the ottoman empire and the present is more economic :the turkish products are everywhere and replacing tunisian products and cultural all the shows and series are turkish
There are two kinds of people in Tunisia. Those who want to live by Western values and those who want to live by Islamic rules where these Sharia laws have much to say

nadou88

I like Tunisia. Tunisia has something good to offer. They have great food there and the bazaars are exciting but what I do not like about the Arab world and this including Tunisia is that they have become extreme in recent years everything should be done properly. Yes I know that Tunisia is a Muslim country but also very double moral because their men can do whatever they want even up to several mistresses and their wives must accept it because of this honor. Of course, it is important with family members and listen to advice but one should not be a nod to the men it is wrong. The Bezness culture will only increase as long as the authorities do not address the issues. It seems to me that everyone only cares about themselves and is not interested in building their own country .
it's true women here are so submissive and stupid , i hate it , i can't understand how a woman can accept that ,maybe because my family is not the typical tunisian family idk i just can't understand .yes everyone only care about themselves ,the people who care about this country and the greater good are a minority which is really sad and depressing

Laura2014

Staff Member and frightfully nice rat catcher
Staff member
The example is often set at a higher level. When a government is openly corrupt then it’s not any surprise that this follows in all walks of life. There is nothing which cannot be paid for.

That double standard exists everywhere. I had someone repair my heating who spent three days complaining about migrants and scrounges, who don’t contribute to government taxes blah blah, but then blatantly told me I could pay cash for the job to avoid him paying the tax and my paying the VAT. He was well pissed off when I said no thanks, i would prefer to have a receipt and guarantee for the work.

Top Bottom