Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Rent boys are to be found everywhere in the Middle East, and homosexuality and prostitution are very much two sides of the same coin. Gay sex is as ubiquitous as the call to prayer, and for many men, of course, bedding a boy is a far more appealing prospect than bending over in the mosque, although being pulled in both directions, depending on the urge of the moment, must be quite normal too.

https://www.salon.com/2010/09/27/br...698k2nyuzrgUllxrZTrca2Atp4E9u-TMEKyFExJfBO8jw

Arkady, Judithlyn and AmberHeart like this.
  2. Judithlyn

Judithlyn Well-Known Member

Me too! I’m more terrified of the people I do know there over the strangers I don’t!

AmberHeart and Jisela like this.
  3. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

4. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

haha

AmberHeart and Judithlyn like this.
  5. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

The new law criminalizes "harassment, aggression, sexual exploitation or ill treatment of women

BEIRUT, Sept 12 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A new law criminalising violence against women that came into effect in Morocco on Wednesday does not fully protect women against forced marriage or domestic violence, activists said.

Campaigners broadly welcomed the new law, which criminalises "harassment, aggression, sexual exploitation or ill treatment of women" in Morocco.

But they criticised loopholes that would allow girls under 18 to marry and said a failure to define forced marriage would make it difficult to enforce a ban.

http://news.trust.org/item/20180912173630-lh7iq/

6. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

This stuff has been going on for a few days now....I've been watching it closely....it seems Tunisia's boiling pot is starting to dribble over the sides.
    I've put it here, as it has now spread beyond Kasserine....and I suspect will continue to spread.
    Any victim with connections to Kasserine needs to avoid that place like the plague....it seems to have problems daily :thumbsup:

Tunisia clashes spread over tough living conditions

By AFP

PUBLISHED: 11:41, 26 December 2018 | UPDATED: 11:41, 26 December 2018

[​IMG]

+1
    Tunisian policemen stand watch during a demonstration in the city of Kasserine on December 25, 2018

Clashes between protesters and security forces in an impoverished Tunisian city where a journalist burned himself to death over economic conditions spread to two other towns overnight, authorities said Wednesday.

In the western city of Kasserine, police fired tear gas at stone-throwing youths in a second night of unrest, an AFP journalist said.

Clashes also broke out in the eastern town of Jbeniana, where a policeman was injured, and in Tebourba in the north where at least five people were arrested, national security spokesman Walid Hkima said.

The unrest follows the death of 32-year-old journalist Abderrazk Zorgui on Monday after setting himself on fire in Kasserine.

The interior ministry said one person had been arrested for alleged involvement in the desperate act of protest, which triggered an outpouring of anger in the city.

"For the sons of Kasserine who have no means of subsistence, today I start a revolution. I am going to set myself on fire," Zorgui said in a video published before his death.

It was the self-immolation of a street vendor in Tunisia in late 2010 in protest at police harassment that sparked Tunisia's revolution and the Arab Spring uprisings across the rest of the region the next year.

Kasserine was one of the first cities to rise up after the vendor's death, in protests that saw police kill demonstrators.

The unrest spread across the country and led to the overthrow of long-time dictator Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

Despite the country's democratic transition since then, authorities are still struggling to improve poor living conditions in the face of rampant inflation and persistent unemployment.

Tunisia's national union of journalists called for a general strike on January 14 to mark the eight anniversary of the revolution.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/a...a-clashes-spread-tough-living-conditions.html

Judithlyn, Mystery and Brasilgirl like this.
  7. RatSnatcher

RatSnatcher Well-Known Member

Truly sad. Really sad. Do they know peace at all??? Just a small ounce of peace. I know the country is corrupt, but will these people ever know peace.

If this kind of stuff doesnt deter visitors, then I dont know what. This country is smaller than one of my states in the USA, meaning anything can happen at anytime.

I watched the YouTube video about 2 months ago of the British tourist that were killed. I was just flabbergasted. I told all my family, Northern African countries, off limits. Want a family vacation on the continent, pick another country. There are many other great countries there.

I really dislike rats, BUT I hope one day the good people there can see a country at peace.

8. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

These stories are not on our news or newspapers. It looks like they think it’s more important to sell holidays to Tunisia than the safety of the travelers.

Judithlyn, Amira, Brasilgirl and 2 others like this.
  9. Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

I just saw this story on the news last night but you are right I don't see too much about Tunisia regularly either. It would be wise if people would start reading the travel advisory before traveling to North Africa

10. RatSnatcher

Cus they so secretive. They try to hide it and sweep it under the rug. How many CNN, Fox News, BBC, etc., get access to give the people the truth. But when I was talking to my rat he knew every crime everything that was happening in my country. Yet, would laugh when I said, why we dont get news from yours. Gotta protect those tourism dollars, right. ;)

But he wasnt too happy when foreign aid was getting threatened to be reduced when I found that news out. He was "clutching is pearls" like a southern women. Haha he felt insulted.

11. Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

Everything is a joke to them. So sad....what good is it gonna do for the tourism industry if people go there and die?!? makes no sense

juicyfruit and Mystery like this.
  12. RatSnatcher

No worries. If they dont get their ISIS issue under control, tourism will dry up. They too busy scamming to see the wolf creeping at the door. We trying to warn them. They think they're safe. The enemies right at their front door, but we the enemy though. :rolleyes:

Judithlyn, Amira, Arkady and 5 others like this.
  13. Mango Chutney

I agree, girls.....tourism is being heavily protected, these truths are hidden....and innocent people are being put at risk for profit. I refused point blank to ever take my kids there....it is not safe for them.
    If more tourists are slaughtered there....our governments and media outlets have the same blood on their hands....because if we know this stuff, they do too :thumbsup:

Judithlyn, Arkady, Brasilgirl and 2 others like this.
  14. RatSnatcher

Agreed. Blood on their hands. At first I wanted to go. After reading more about how unstable it was, it was enough for me to choose other countries instead.

He would say, "you're safe." No, I am not. Heck, even he wasnt safe. With a crumbling economy and not knowing who are radicals, nope, I am good. Yes, their news is like Saudi and North Korea news, heavily censored. Secretive and this is dangerous for tourist. Some things dont even make the news.

I'm not taking my chances and I wont have the "it won't happen to me" mentality. The dead cant speak. I'm sure they booked their round trip with the intentions of coming home. I owe it to those who lost their lives, to NEVER step foot there. Its respect. The Tunisian government was more concerned about the almighty tourism dollar (FACT) even after the death of these innocent people. I refuse to chance it.

I also refuse to keep giving my funds to a government that doesnt use the funds to better their country. Where are all the tourism dollars going??? That baffles me the most.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Judithlyn, Arkady, Brasilgirl and 2 others like this.
  15. Mango Chutney

Mine did too....even after I was there for Bardo, Sousse, the attack on the presidential guards, the beheading of the little shepherd boy in Sidi Bou Said, the attempted terrorist attack in the shopping mall....he still insisted it was safe for me to stay :rolleyes:

16. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

I lost count of the many protests I got caught up in. It's not safe, our governments is brushing it off. I would like to know what's in it for them.

Judithlyn and juicyfruit like this.
  17. Mango Chutney

Omg, I got caught up in one of those....it was pretty terrifying! I was removed fast....but it was scary.
    The second 'protest' I thought I was caught up in.....turned out to be a rowdy funeral procession :D

18. Mystery

They set fire to cars and blocked the roads.
    We was stuck there the police standing with guns shit me up. We not use to that here scary as.
    Lmao funeral procession haha :D:D:D

19. Mango Chutney

Don't :D I ended up having right giggling fit and getting into trouble!
    At first, I was frightened at all the banging and chanting...we were stuck in traffic going to Korbous....I honestly thought they were headed straight to our car....all these angry, shouting men.
    Dickhead tried to reassure me that I could stop panicking, as they were celebrating....so I got excited, asked if we could join in so I could take photos :D
    Omg....he was really angry!
    He told (shouted at) me to show some respect...that the celebration was not a party, it's a funeral.....and they are celebrating his return to Allah....I laughed til I cried with my head hidden in my bag....for me, a celebration is a good thing, not a freakin death :D
    They were really loud though.....and not a woman in sight :rolleyes:
    So many times now, I look back at my memories....and absolutely pee my knickers laughing :D

20. Mystery

Yes the women don't go they are at the home cooking and wailing like banshes.
    I can picture you now, can you imagine if you got out of that car and started singing you raise me up omg haha glad you had the bag. :D:D:D

21. Mango Chutney

These men were wailing too.....it sounded like a bunch of animals coming towards us, shouting, wailing, banging saucepans.....or whatever the hell they were banging :D
    I think if dickhead had known I had my head in my bag to hide tears of uncontrollable laughter.....my head would have been in my bag in a more literal sense :p

22. Mystery

That bloody banging at weddings and funerals really do my head in. The singing at weddings with the drums omg earache sounds like howling I think the women know what they going to expect not at all jolly. More like funeral music.

23. nadou88

nadou88 Well-Known Member

Will Tunisia ever be in peace ? yes someday but not today or tomorrow or this year , why ? because even though the people are lazy ,stupid and brainwashed ,the corruption cannot be denied , are we supposed to stay still when everything is getting worse ? debt , unemployment .... The state that bourguiba built after the independence is a lie and a joke ,there's no hope in fixing that state and its problems ,the only solution is to destroy it and build again ,destroying the old state won't and shouldn't be peaceful ,a lot of politicians and thieves must die for their crimes against the people ,the islamic party ennahdha and its followers must be wiped out ,every traitor who deals with arabs and turks must be punished as well .money must be spent on building schools not mosques ,we have more than enough mosques ! .it's a small country not very hard to rule which means unlike what they say there is hope in tomorrow they want us to believe tunisia is always weak and will always be weak so that they remain here ,steal as much as they want .The country that relies on tourism and is always begging tourists to come is a joke ! the country that 90% of its people want to leave to other countries is a joke .Tunisia is dangerous ,the despair is everywhere ,so please be safe don't come here .you have nothing to see anyways some dirty beaches and rats ,

Judithlyn, juicyfruit, Amira and 5 others like this.
  24. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

What the fuck are you doing :eek: The TLR forum is not the place to start a revolution in Tunisia. Better make a revolutionary forum on your own turf ;)

Mystery and Brasilgirl like this.
  25. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

I think it is good that people do not view Tunisia as a paradise. My rat always talked about how beautiful tunisia is and he would say up and down that it is a safe place.
    We need to see the country for what it is. And we need to see that the rats will do or say anything to get out.
    But yes, we don’t want to get too political on this forum and distract from our purpose here.

Judithlyn, juicyfruit, Amira and 3 others like this.