Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

But it's the 'News and Current Affairs' thread....Nadou's post is on the right thread.
    I agree, we should know.
    All victims and tourists should be aware of the real situation in Tunisia.
    If those people still choose to go, then they make an informed choice....and on their heads be it.
    I think having this thread of truths is useful on a bezness site....as it might put victims off going :thumbsup:

2. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Awful

Attached Files:

AmberHeart likes this.
  3. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

You can't just kill everyone and start new. I'm against "let's separate" and stick your heads in the ground and go backwards for humanity. You have to go forwards. You have to live together and work together in some shape or form.

4. Going for the limit

I cant tell people how many tunisians regret over throwing ben ali. Minus rat situations tunisia needs someone in power who wants and the has the desire to start building the country up.
    The goverment is corrupt and at fault greatly.
    I have forgot the name but one ( like an
    Mp) was in charge of fixing the roads, he was given x amount of money to sort it and what did he do ? Went and spent a vast amount of it on buying a car for himself.
    Where is the punishment? Where is there someone to drag him over the coals for what he did? Its totally crazy.
    So many billionaires/ millionaires live in that country but so much underhanded bribery goes on.
    The cost of living in tunisia is becoming crazy it is not so much as a cheap holiday anymore.

5. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

Nadou, are there some Turkish influence in Tunisia and the problems because of this?

AmberHeart likes this.
  6. nadou88

nadou88 Well-Known Member

i didn't mean actual killing ,just severe punishment .living together with someone who pulls you backwards is impossible ,we don't have to do that anymore .i don't believe in guardianship but if most of the people is ignorant and don't know what's good for them and what's not then it's useless to give them the choice on matters that will decide the future of this country .

juicyfruit, AmberHeart, Amira and 3 others like this.
  7. nadou88

i don't regret over throwing ben ali , in ben ali era the situation was bad also ,the only difference is that you didn't know because he sweeps his crimes under the carpet .yes i agree we need someone who truly wants to build the country , and i know the right person , but will they ever let him do that i don't know

8. nadou88

of course ,the past and present influence ,well the past because of the ottoman empire and the present is more economic :the turkish products are everywhere and replacing tunisian products and cultural all the shows and series are turkish

AmberHeart, Amira and Liona like this.
  9. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, the Ottoman empire managed to leave its trail worldwide.
    Ah, I have noticed this. But the reasons are inside the country. This means just it's more easy to import than to produce.

AmberHeart and nadou88 like this.
  10. nadou88

Ah, I have noticed this. But the reasons are inside the country. This means just it's more easy to import than to produce.[/QUOTE]
    we are importing turkish products that we have here ,soon it will replace tunisian products

11. RatSnatcher

RatSnatcher Well-Known Member

When you say dangerous? Can you elaborate a little more for the folk that get the nice beach photos, etc. They need.to know the truth.

Rats send many photos of blue water, beaches and nice things and people get sucked into that. Nadou, explain the dangers, please.

12. nadou88

the country is beautiful yes that's what you see in photos , i mean by dangerous the situation here especially economic , it's not dangerous for tourists only but for everyone , the rate of crimes has increased a lot these years ,your things can be stolen ,you may be hit or even killed if you resist ..not everywhere but still these kind of crimes are on the rise

juicyfruit, AmberHeart, Liona and 2 others like this.
  13. Going for the limit

I wouldnt even say its a beautiful country, shit everywhere, beaches strewn with rubbish, the sea full of rubbish too. The buildings from a distance look lovely but they are full of decay.
    Generally the tunisians have no pride in their country at all.
    Most arab countrys are just dump sites.
    We see long range photos of blue seas and white buildings, up close its another story

14. Mango Chutney

There is a massive element of truth to that, especially outside of tourist zones, where the filth is shocking....but there is also beauty, great history and an interesting culture.
    Tunisia has potential.....but it has neither the funds nor the people to raise it to its full potential. I think it's sad.

15. nadou88

i said that's what you see in pictures because they hide the ugly side :thumbsup:

16. nadou88

indeed it's sad especially the pollution it's a shame

17. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

How can you educate people on the dangers of pollution ?. I would see women just throw dirty pampers out of Windows, either to lazy or not allowed out. There is a degree of illness in Tn from pollution. I see the hospitals dirty I just wonder where do they dump that rubbish.
    Granted it's not so bad as Algeria but go from the tourist areas and your in another world.
    You got cockroaches nasty black bugs I hate them. There's small black bugs that run all over the place. They were running all over my phone didn't notice I answered the phone and 1 got in my ear. In the kitchens omg they everywhere come out when the lights are off.
    I had to buy this stuff and put it everywhere.
    Still they came. I use to see a man come around and empty the rubbish out of a skip he left more on the floor. Such a beautiful country but need a government that's not corrupt and put money where it's needed. The souk in tunis capital such beautiful architect yet it's being ruined.

18. Mango Chutney

I loved the souk in Tunis, but even there, it hides another ugly element....in the whore houses that hide down alleyways.
    Did you see those humungous black cockroach thingys? Omg....freaked the crap outta me! I am not good with bugs :D

19. Mystery

Me either I screamed every time I seen them.
    I was not on the bottom appartment and yet they were every where.

20. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

And they also promise it isn’t as dangerous as the news say like it’s a plot to avoid tourists to go. That everything is just fine.

juicyfruit and Mystery like this.
  21. Mango Chutney

Seems pointless though, when we can provide links and photos that say otherwise :rolleyes:
    Thick shits :thumbsup:

22. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

They say the hotels are safe and there is a lot of security. Last year I was in a hotel and I nearly pissed myself laughing at the security gate. Some lazy Tunisian man sitting there smoking cigarettes they came out and so called checked the bottom of the car with a mirror. They had no security training whatsoever. I told my rat next time we stick something at the bottom and see what happens.

23. Mango Chutney

Those buggers are rats too :rolleyes:
    Blimey....puts the FBI to shame! :D

I'm sure you felt most secure in your hotel after that thorough check....ain't no terrorist getting past a guard.....armed with a fag and a mirror :rolleyes:

I must admit.....my spy work with mirrors worked a treat.....no more hiding in the bathroom with his phone for my rat :thumbsup:

24. Mystery

There wasn't a gap big enough for me to look

25. Mango Chutney

There was barely a gap for me, hence the mirrors....and my being spread eagled across the floor like a freakin starfish :D
    Desperate times call for desperate measures....and I was determined to discover why he was "sheeting" for so many hours. ...coz it was a sure thing I knew he wasn't washing himself in there :D

Judithlyn, Masha, Brasilgirl and 3 others like this.