Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Amira

it's true women here are so submissive and stupid , i hate it , i can't understand how a woman can accept that ,maybe because my family is not the typical tunisian family idk i just can't understand .yes everyone only care about themselves ,the people who care about this country and the greater good are a minority which is really sad and depressing
A good marriage is that one is open to one another not that she should be a maid for the man. It's wrong . But they are concerned that the girl should be able to do everything about housework and that she should obey the man in everything. No it's terrible . They are only concerned with money and it is dangerous for Western women to get their boyfriend there because of this

nadou88

A good marriage is that one is open to one another not that she should be a maid for the man. It's wrong . But they are concerned that the girl should be able to do everything about housework and that she should obey the man in everything. No it's terrible . They are only concerned with money and it is dangerous for Western women to get their boyfriend there because of this
It's terrible , the men see marriage as a way to buy a maid for life , women see it as a way to find someone who will spend money on her

Amira

Most places is full of history . But the country itself here is just a dump and like mango has said once out of the beautiful hotel grounds you are met with just a filth ridden shit hole
Yes I agree that the tourist area is laid out where the tourists and that many of these women who meet their boyfriend on vacation do not know the true culture or Tunisia. Have you purchased a package of all inclusive then you are usually in the hotel most I think. I was on a tour of Tunisia with a tour guide and I found that I learned a lot from it. Also visit small villages

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
But the rats and tourist agencies will still tell us it is safe :rolleyes:

Tunisia Raises Security Threat Level in 5 Provinces

Saturday, 29 December, 2018 - 10:30

A member of the Tunisian special forces. AFP file photo
Tunis - Al Munji Al Saidani

The Tunisian army and security forces have gone on high alert following intelligence reports of terrorist plots in five of the country’s provinces.

The threat level in the five provinces was upped after Uqba ibn Nafi terrorist group issued a statement, following the killing of its key leade Aymen Jendoubi, threatening attacks in Tunisia.

The army and security bodies increased deployment in the provinces of Jendouba, El Kef, Sidi Bou Said, Kasserine, and Gafsa, the scenes of armed clashes between government forces and extremists.

The Tunisian authorities also intensified the surveillance of members of the Uqba ibn Nafi battalion, which is affiliated with al-Qaeda or Jond al Khilafa that has pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Uqba ibn Nafi battalion slammed the Tunisian government after the prime minister announced victory over extremist groups. It also slammed Tunisian media personnel who commended the success of the Tunisian military and security institutions in eradicating key terrorists in the past years.

The battalion threatened to conduct operations as retaliation for its losses in the western mountains of the country. The warning was taken seriously by the army and the security agencies.

As many as 800 terrorist members have returned to Tunisia, and the vast majority of them are incarcerated around the country, revealed the Ministry of Interior. Around 3,000 Tunisians flew to the battlefields of Iraq, Libya, and Syria to join ISIS and al-Qaeda, revealed security sources.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1524346/tunisia-raises-security-threat-level-5-provinces

Brasilgirl

I like Tunisia. Tunisia has something good to offer. They have great food there and the bazaars are exciting but what I do not like about the Arab world and this including Tunisia is that they have become extreme in recent years everything should be done properly. Yes I know that Tunisia is a Muslim country but also very double moral because their men can do whatever they want even up to several mistresses and their wives must accept it because of this honor. Of course, it is important with family members and listen to advice but one should not be a nod to the men it is wrong. The Bezness culture will only increase as long as the authorities do not address the issues. It seems to me that everyone only cares about themselves and is not interested in building their own country .
I think the same, about how they are selfish. They want their country fixed, but they seem to want no part of the actual doing. They protest, but do they take part and clean up the garbage? Do they at least try? Maybe a few do, but I don’t think most of them want to do anything. Then as soon as the place isn’t up to their new ‘western standards’, they try to leave.
In Canada I see groups of people who volunteer their free time to go out and pick up garbage off of the sides of the highways. They do this for free, to keep their country clean. I’ve even done my turn at it.
Perhaps Tunisia could do a few things to make their cities and villages nicer. It just takes effort, not money.

nadou88

I think the same, about how they are selfish. They want their country fixed, but they seem to want no part of the actual doing. They protest, but do they take part and clean up the garbage? Do they at least try? Maybe a few do, but I don’t think most of them want to do anything. Then as soon as the place isn’t up to their new ‘western standards’, they try to leave.
In Canada I see groups of people who volunteer their free time to go out and pick up garbage off of the sides of the highways. They do this for free, to keep their country clean. I’ve even done my turn at it.
Perhaps Tunisia could do a few things to make their cities and villages nicer. It just takes effort, not money.
i volunteer in cleaning everytime i'm available but it's too depressing to pass by the place the next day to find it dirty again , in my university students don't even clean after themselves they throw coffee paper cups and rubbish everywhere

Brasilgirl

i volunteer in cleaning everytime i'm available but it's too depressing to pass by the place the next day to find it dirty again , in my university students don't even clean after themselves they throw coffee paper cups and rubbish everywhere
That is so sad. They have no pride.
Your country needs more people like you.

Last edited:

juicyfruit

:mad:Seems like they prefer to live in their own crap and let someone else clean up after themselves.:sick:

Femme Fatale

Sorry to hear that @nadou88.

Just reading and finding new things just confirms why I couldnt be with a Tunisian man. I couldnt live this way for the rest of my life. Yet they r too busy being jealous and angry at the west, they cant see that their country is sinking fast.

Oh, what are the plans for all those terrorist thats coming home??

Amira

They are young people (around 19 or 20) why should they clean up after them when others do not know better then with you tube or facebook or to talk about what to do for something this weekend . Do not clean after them becaurse you is not them mam

Brasilgirl

They are young people (around 19 or 20) why should they clean up after them when others do not know better then with you tube or facebook or to talk about what to do for something this weekend . Do not clean after them becaurse you is not them mam
They need to be taught to clean up after themselves.
If they throw garbage around here, they will be fined, and they will be frowned upon. Some people will even tell them to pick up the garbage on the spot. The environment and cleanliness are taken seriously here.
And they wonder why our countries don’t want them. They have to resort to marriage fraud just to get a visa to visit.
I bet that the few Tunisians that can get visas on their own are clean and tidy people. Not discusting slobs. Nobody wants a dirty slob.

Snuggle

They are never thought to tidy up. I remember being about 4 years old that I wasn’t allowed to take another jigsaw before I put the other one away. And in school we had programs any keeping the environment tidy. And at high school we got punished if we didn’t clean up after ourselves in the canteen.
In Tunisia they are way behind with their education. This goes for personal hygiene as well but that is another topic.

Brasilgirl

They are never thought to tidy up. I remember being about 4 years old that I wasn’t allowed to take another jigsaw before I put the other one away. And in school we had programs any keeping the environment tidy. And at high school we got punished if we didn’t clean up after ourselves in the canteen.
In Tunisia they are way behind with their education. This goes for personal hygiene as well but that is another topic.
Well, soon they will bury themselves in their own trash. If that’s how they want to live, then it will consume them. Real rats in the streets, stray animals everywhere, they will be over run by disease and garbage. The streets will smell worse than they do.
They are killing their own country, by their own choice. It’s disgusting. I can’t imagine living that way by choice.

Arkady

They need to be taught to clean up after themselves.
If they throw garbage around here, they will be fined, and they will be frowned upon. Some people will even tell them to pick up the garbage on the spot. The environment and cleanliness are taken seriously here.
And they wonder why our countries don’t want them. They have to resort to marriage fraud just to get a visa to visit.
I bet that the few Tunisians that can get visas on their own are clean and tidy people. Not discusting slobs. Nobody wants a dirty slob.
In Singapore, the penalty for littering is severe.

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
Been following this story all day. I wonder if they will now warn tourists :rolleyes:
This country is NOT safe!

Express. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express.
Tunisia holiday warning: Terrorists strike as nation struggles to contain militants
TUNISIA has been shaken by a fresh episode of violence by the hands of terrorists, when two jihadists blew themselves up in the city of Jilma, renewing concerns among holidaymakers about the safety of the country.
By ALICE SCARSI
14:36, Thu, Jan 3, 2019 | UPDATED: 14:56, Thu, Jan 3, 2019

The two terrorists were exchanging fire with security forces who stormed their hideout and encircled them when they detonated their bombs this morning, the interior ministry said. The vile act took place 156 miles south of the country’s capital, Tunis. One of the casualties has been identified as Ezzedine Alaoui, leader of the Brigade of Jihad and Unity, a splinter group of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, Soufien Sliti, a spokesman for the counter-terrorism agency said.

RELATED ARTICLES
Alaoui was also the mastermind of a terrorist plot aiming to take control of the province of Sidi Bouzid, 129 miles south of Tunis.

Tunisia has been struggling against militant groups operating near the border of Algeria since 2011, when citizens raised against autocratic leader Zine Abidine Ben Ali.

The uprising and the terror attacks which later plagued the country turned what once was one of Britain’s favourite holiday destinations in north Africa into an unsafe zone.

Counter-terrorism forces estimated about 3,000 Tunisians have joined ISIS and other jihadist groups in Irac, Syria and Libya in the past nine years.

Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against any kind of journey in the southern part of Tunisia and asks holidaymakers to check constantly its travel advice before deciding to head to the country.

The FCO’s travel advice page on Tunisia reads: “A state of emergency is in effect in Tunisia, imposed after a suicide attack on a police bus on 24 November 2015.

“It’s been extended a number of times, most recently on November 5 2018 by one month.

“Since the terrorist attack in Sousse in June 2015, which targeted tourists, the UK government has been working closely with the Tunisian authorities to investigate the attack and the wider threat from terrorist groups.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1066708/tunisia-holiday-is-it-safe-to-go-to-tunisia-terror-isis-terrorist-foreign-office

Femme Fatale

Been following this story all day. I wonder if they will now warn tourists :rolleyes:
This country is NOT safe!

Express. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express.
Tunisia holiday warning: Terrorists strike as nation struggles to contain militants
TUNISIA has been shaken by a fresh episode of violence by the hands of terrorists, when two jihadists blew themselves up in the city of Jilma, renewing concerns among holidaymakers about the safety of the country.
By ALICE SCARSI
14:36, Thu, Jan 3, 2019 | UPDATED: 14:56, Thu, Jan 3, 2019

The two terrorists were exchanging fire with security forces who stormed their hideout and encircled them when they detonated their bombs this morning, the interior ministry said. The vile act took place 156 miles south of the country’s capital, Tunis. One of the casualties has been identified as Ezzedine Alaoui, leader of the Brigade of Jihad and Unity, a splinter group of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, Soufien Sliti, a spokesman for the counter-terrorism agency said.

RELATED ARTICLES
Alaoui was also the mastermind of a terrorist plot aiming to take control of the province of Sidi Bouzid, 129 miles south of Tunis.

Tunisia has been struggling against militant groups operating near the border of Algeria since 2011, when citizens raised against autocratic leader Zine Abidine Ben Ali.

The uprising and the terror attacks which later plagued the country turned what once was one of Britain’s favourite holiday destinations in north Africa into an unsafe zone.

Counter-terrorism forces estimated about 3,000 Tunisians have joined ISIS and other jihadist groups in Irac, Syria and Libya in the past nine years.

Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against any kind of journey in the southern part of Tunisia and asks holidaymakers to check constantly its travel advice before deciding to head to the country.

The FCO’s travel advice page on Tunisia reads: “A state of emergency is in effect in Tunisia, imposed after a suicide attack on a police bus on 24 November 2015.

“It’s been extended a number of times, most recently on November 5 2018 by one month.

“Since the terrorist attack in Sousse in June 2015, which targeted tourists, the UK government has been working closely with the Tunisian authorities to investigate the attack and the wider threat from terrorist groups.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1066708/tunisia-holiday-is-it-safe-to-go-to-tunisia-terror-isis-terrorist-foreign-office
At this point Mango. If people still vacation here, then I hope their will is updated, life insurance paid and they tell their families they love them. This is ridiculous that people would fly to an ISIS ridden country cus the vacation is cheap. At what cost to your life? This country is becoming unstable by the minute and I dont know how much longer my empathy can go. They've been warned many times.

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
Those red and orange areas have been extended massively since I last looked at the FO page:

Summary
Still current at:
3 January 2019
Updated:
28 December 2018
Latest update:
Summary - addition of information and advice about anti-government protests in late December 2018

Download map (PDF)
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

• the Chaambi Mountains National Park and the designated military operations zones of Mount Salloum, Mount Sammamma and Mount Mghila
  • the militarised zone south of the towns of El Borma and Dhehiba
  • within 20km of the rest of the Libya border area north of Dhehiba
  • the town of Ben Guerdane and immediate surrounding area.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia

And how ridiculously insane is this! Amongst all that terrorist stuff.....they have pieces about tourism!

Screenshot_2019-01-03-21-24-07_kindlephoto-127719005.png

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
I know this comes as no surprise, but I like to keep the thread updated :)

Declaration of state of emergency throughout country from January 6 to February 4, 2019 (Presidency of the Republic)
04/01/2019 19:25, TUNIS/Tunisia

(TAP)- President Béji Caïd Essebsi, has decided to declare a state of emergency for one month throughout the country, from 6 January to 4 February 2019.

This measure comes after consultation with the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the House of People’s Representatives (HPR), pending the adoption by the HPR of the draft law on the organisation of the state of emergency, a statement of the Presidency of the Republic said on Friday.

The Head of State had decided to extend the state of emergency for one month throughout the country, from 7 December last year to 5 January 2019.

A state of emergency has been declared since 24 November 2015, following the terrorist attack on a presidential guard bus and extended several times.

On Friday 23 November 2018, Béji Caïd Essebsi chaired a cabinet meeting at the Carthage Palace, during which the draft law on the organisation of the state of emergency was examined.

The cabinet meeting had decided to examine this draft law in depth, particularly as regards guarantees and judicial control, before submitting it to the cabinet meeting again as soon as possible.

https://www.tap.info.tn/en/Portal-Politics/10986194-declaration-of

Brasilgirl

I know this comes as no surprise, but I like to keep the thread updated :)

Declaration of state of emergency throughout country from January 6 to February 4, 2019 (Presidency of the Republic)
04/01/2019 19:25, TUNIS/Tunisia

(TAP)- President Béji Caïd Essebsi, has decided to declare a state of emergency for one month throughout the country, from 6 January to 4 February 2019.

This measure comes after consultation with the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the House of People’s Representatives (HPR), pending the adoption by the HPR of the draft law on the organisation of the state of emergency, a statement of the Presidency of the Republic said on Friday.

The Head of State had decided to extend the state of emergency for one month throughout the country, from 7 December last year to 5 January 2019.

A state of emergency has been declared since 24 November 2015, following the terrorist attack on a presidential guard bus and extended several times.

On Friday 23 November 2018, Béji Caïd Essebsi chaired a cabinet meeting at the Carthage Palace, during which the draft law on the organisation of the state of emergency was examined.

The cabinet meeting had decided to examine this draft law in depth, particularly as regards guarantees and judicial control, before submitting it to the cabinet meeting again as soon as possible.

https://www.tap.info.tn/en/Portal-Politics/10986194-declaration-of
Why don’t they just keep it indefinite? This one month at a time thing is dumb.

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
Why don’t they just keep it indefinite? This one month at a time thing is dumb.
I do agree. Before the last one, they did it for seven months....made much more sense with the jihadist problems and the elections this year, as there are always violent clashes.
This is a big election year, it's not just for a new government, but for a new president too....I think Essebi is in his nineties now....so I imagine the protests will be worse :thumbsup:

Top Bottom