Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

:D:D:D I am picturing it lol

2. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

Mission impossible music background :D

3. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Haha....only in my head.....silence was key, which was the only reason I didn't use the zoom lens on my camera :D
    Sad isn't it, when you look back.....what a freakin life!

4. AmberHeart

It only happens when a rat is around. Like living in a tornado’s eye

5. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

What if he was just having a sheet omg the smell
    Poor star fish would end up a crab.:D

juicyfruit and AmberHeart like this.
  6. Mango Chutney

Girl.....nothing could sheet for that freakin long....and for so many times daily!
    From the first time I turned starfish....and saw those freakin shorts were not round his ankles, I knew something was amiss....so I brought in the big guns.....mirrors!!! :D

7. AmberHeart

Def not constipated :D

8. AmberHeart

How small pattern changes made us suspicious about them, little hints something is going wrong...

9. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

:D:D

Judithlyn, Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  10. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

I like Tunisia. Tunisia has something good to offer. They have great food there and the bazaars are exciting but what I do not like about the Arab world and this including Tunisia is that they have become extreme in recent years everything should be done properly. Yes I know that Tunisia is a Muslim country but also very double moral because their men can do whatever they want even up to several mistresses and their wives must accept it because of this honor. Of course, it is important with family members and listen to advice but one should not be a nod to the men it is wrong. The Bezness culture will only increase as long as the authorities do not address the issues. It seems to me that everyone only cares about themselves and is not interested in building their own country .

11. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

There are two kinds of people in Tunisia. Those who want to live by Western values and those who want to live by Islamic rules where these Sharia laws have much to say

Judithlyn, Mystery and Croydon girl like this.
  12. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

The problems start with a boyfriend there.

13. nadou88

nadou88 Well-Known Member

the values of freedom ,human rights and equality for all are not western they are universal ,that's how i want to live .

14. nadou88

it's true women here are so submissive and stupid , i hate it , i can't understand how a woman can accept that ,maybe because my family is not the typical tunisian family idk i just can't understand .yes everyone only care about themselves ,the people who care about this country and the greater good are a minority which is really sad and depressing

15. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Agree that Tunisia has changed a lot in a few years. Unfortunately, Sharia law has gained more roots in the country.

16. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

The example is often set at a higher level. When a government is openly corrupt then it’s not any surprise that this follows in all walks of life. There is nothing which cannot be paid for.

That double standard exists everywhere. I had someone repair my heating who spent three days complaining about migrants and scrounges, who don’t contribute to government taxes blah blah, but then blatantly told me I could pay cash for the job to avoid him paying the tax and my paying the VAT. He was well pissed off when I said no thanks, i would prefer to have a receipt and guarantee for the work.

17. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

A good marriage is that one is open to one another not that she should be a maid for the man. It's wrong . But they are concerned that the girl should be able to do everything about housework and that she should obey the man in everything. No it's terrible . They are only concerned with money and it is dangerous for Western women to get their boyfriend there because of this

18. nadou88

It's terrible , the men see marriage as a way to buy a maid for life , women see it as a way to find someone who will spend money on her

19. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

If one cannot find someone who respects you as a person then it is better to be alone

Tiger, AmberHeart, Epiphany and 3 others like this.
  20. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Most places is full of history . But the country itself here is just a dump and like mango has said once out of the beautiful hotel grounds you are met with just a filth ridden shit hole

Mystery, Amira and juicyfruit like this.
  21. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Yes I agree that the tourist area is laid out where the tourists and that many of these women who meet their boyfriend on vacation do not know the true culture or Tunisia. Have you purchased a package of all inclusive then you are usually in the hotel most I think. I was on a tour of Tunisia with a tour guide and I found that I learned a lot from it. Also visit small villages

Mystery and AmberHeart like this.
  22. Mango Chutney

But the rats and tourist agencies will still tell us it is safe :rolleyes:

Tunisia Raises Security Threat Level in 5 Provinces

Saturday, 29 December, 2018 - 10:30

[​IMG]
    A member of the Tunisian special forces. AFP file photo
    Tunis - Al Munji Al Saidani

The Tunisian army and security forces have gone on high alert following intelligence reports of terrorist plots in five of the country’s provinces.

The threat level in the five provinces was upped after Uqba ibn Nafi terrorist group issued a statement, following the killing of its key leade Aymen Jendoubi, threatening attacks in Tunisia.

The army and security bodies increased deployment in the provinces of Jendouba, El Kef, Sidi Bou Said, Kasserine, and Gafsa, the scenes of armed clashes between government forces and extremists.

The Tunisian authorities also intensified the surveillance of members of the Uqba ibn Nafi battalion, which is affiliated with al-Qaeda or Jond al Khilafa that has pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Uqba ibn Nafi battalion slammed the Tunisian government after the prime minister announced victory over extremist groups. It also slammed Tunisian media personnel who commended the success of the Tunisian military and security institutions in eradicating key terrorists in the past years.

The battalion threatened to conduct operations as retaliation for its losses in the western mountains of the country. The warning was taken seriously by the army and the security agencies.

As many as 800 terrorist members have returned to Tunisia, and the vast majority of them are incarcerated around the country, revealed the Ministry of Interior. Around 3,000 Tunisians flew to the battlefields of Iraq, Libya, and Syria to join ISIS and al-Qaeda, revealed security sources.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1524346/tunisia-raises-security-threat-level-5-provinces

Mystery, juicyfruit, Heidi and 2 others like this.
  23. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Remember I was in a place bordering algeria that wasn't safe but the tour guide didn't say anything about it

24. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

I think the same, about how they are selfish. They want their country fixed, but they seem to want no part of the actual doing. They protest, but do they take part and clean up the garbage? Do they at least try? Maybe a few do, but I don’t think most of them want to do anything. Then as soon as the place isn’t up to their new ‘western standards’, they try to leave.
    In Canada I see groups of people who volunteer their free time to go out and pick up garbage off of the sides of the highways. They do this for free, to keep their country clean. I’ve even done my turn at it.
    Perhaps Tunisia could do a few things to make their cities and villages nicer. It just takes effort, not money.

nadou88, Mystery and juicyfruit like this.
  25. nadou88

i volunteer in cleaning everytime i'm available but it's too depressing to pass by the place the next day to find it dirty again , in my university students don't even clean after themselves they throw coffee paper cups and rubbish everywhere

Amira, juicyfruit, AmberHeart and 2 others like this.