Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Mango Chutney

But they were only shepherds...:(
The two girls in Morocco were just tourists, most of those killed in the Manchester attacks were just children, the Presidential Guards on the blown up bus in Tunis were family men working for a living, the tourists on the beach in Sousse were majority older people....a terrorist doesn't care, doesn't differentiate, does not think rationally.....he/she will kill whoever it takes for media headlines that promote their cause.

juicyfruit

The two girls in Morocco were just tourists, most of those killed in the Manchester attacks were just children, the Presidential Guards on the blown up bus in Tunis were family men working for a living, the tourists on the beach in Sousse were majority older people....a terrorist doesn't care, doesn't differentiate, does not think rationally.....he/she will kill whoever it takes for media headlines that promote their cause.
They are evil personified:mad:....

juicyfruit

how do you deprogram that mentality? :confused:

juicyfruit

how do they come back from that? I don't think they can..:confused:

Mango Chutney

how do you deprogram that mentality? :confused:
You can't, in my opinion. They are radicalised, they are not like normal people, be they Christian, Muslim, Jewish etc.
Look at the IRA....how do we justify their attacks? We can't....they were brainwashed by their cause.....they believed in their cause, and in my mind, all these programmes to de-radicalise a terrorist is pointless....their cause sits in their hearts, it is their belief.

Brasilgirl

They kill who ever or wherever they can get the biggest news headline. It’s all about coverage and impact to the people. They don’t care about who they kill, only how the killing serves them. It’s pure evil.

Brasilgirl

This increase in travel warnings shows that the western countries are aware of the terrorists in Tunisia and I expect that will play greatly on visa applications. I would expect longer wait times as the authorities do more extensive background checks etc. Lets hope anyway.

Mango Chutney

I'm not a tech person.......does this mean we'll now be able to translate Tunisian dialect?

"Microsoft yesterday released a new update for the SwiftKey app for Android app with support for new languages. With this update, you can now type in 3 new languages: Arabic (Algeria), Arabic (Morocco) and Arabic (Tunisia). This update also improves Arabic & Malay with support for emoji panel prediction. With this update, Microsoft has changed Bing Search results filtering to ‘moderate’ and from now on, it will also respect what you change and save it to (strict, moderate or off)."
https://mspoweruser.com/swiftkey-for-android-update-now-allows-you-to-type-in-3-new-languages/

Brasilgirl

I'm not a tech person.......does this mean we'll now be able to translate Tunisian dialect?

"Microsoft yesterday released a new update for the SwiftKey app for Android app with support for new languages. With this update, you can now type in 3 new languages: Arabic (Algeria), Arabic (Morocco) and Arabic (Tunisia). This update also improves Arabic & Malay with support for emoji panel prediction. With this update, Microsoft has changed Bing Search results filtering to ‘moderate’ and from now on, it will also respect what you change and save it to (strict, moderate or off)."
https://mspoweruser.com/swiftkey-for-android-update-now-allows-you-to-type-in-3-new-languages/
Rats aren’t going to like that. Hehe.

Judithlyn

But it's the 'News and Current Affairs' thread....Nadou's post is on the right thread.
I agree, we should know.
All victims and tourists should be aware of the real situation in Tunisia.
If those people still choose to go, then they make an informed choice....and on their heads be it.
I think having this thread of truths is useful on a bezness site....as it might put victims off going :thumbsup:
@Mango Chutney and I were in Tunis when the November terrorist attack happened. I have a pic of me standing exactly where that bus was which he blew up 2 days later! Scary!!! Tunisia has gotten much much worse. The USA State Dept sent a warning out not long along. Even the American Embassy personnel are supposed to remain within Tunis and not branch out into other parts of the country.

Judithlyn

They say the hotels are safe and there is a lot of security. Last year I was in a hotel and I nearly pissed myself laughing at the security gate. Some lazy Tunisian man sitting there smoking cigarettes they came out and so called checked the bottom of the car with a mirror. They had no security training whatsoever. I told my rat next time we stick something at the bottom and see what happens.
My rat shook hands with the Military personnel and police at roadblocks. He had a pack of Marlboros in his hand. They let us right through! What a security joke! I would be terrified to go back there. Actually, I was which is why I made rat come to Japan the next 3 times.

Judithlyn

it's true women here are so submissive and stupid , i hate it , i can't understand how a woman can accept that ,maybe because my family is not the typical tunisian family idk i just can't understand .yes everyone only care about themselves ,the people who care about this country and the greater good are a minority which is really sad and depressing
It’s going to take strong people like you to fix Tunisia. I think women are the future of Tunisia. Stand up, keep fighting, bring thousands of other likeminded Tunisians onboard, run for political office, and make bezness a crime along with littering. The garbage is disgusting....both literal garbage on the ground everywhere and these using, lying young lazy Tunisian conmen. While they do nothing but sit in coffee shops conning innocent victims online, at least arrest them and give them community service of cleaning up garbage. Stop all access to WiFi, laptops, and cellphones by anybody caught conning people! It’s a start! Good luck!

Judithlyn

Misbruik van liefdesrelaties
Sommige jonge Tunesiërs proberen Europese (vaak oudere) vrouwen te verleiden. Vooral in clubs en toeristische hotels. Deze mannen zijn vaak van eenvoudige afkomst. Door liefdesverklaringen proberen ze soms een financieel voordeel te krijgen. In andere gevallen proberen ze de vrouwen tot een huwelijk te overtuigen. Zij hopen op die manier een verblijfsvergunning voor Nederland te krijgen.

Het is volgens Tunesische traditie absoluut niet de gewoonte te huwen met een vrouw die ouder is dan de man. Wees daarom voorzichtig en denk goed na wanneer u een liefdesrelatie aanknoopt.

Translation:
Beware of relationships
Some young Tunisians are trying to seduce (many times older) women. Especially in clubs and hotels. These man are often with a poor uneducated background. With nice lovely words they try to gain financially. And in other case they try to convince women to get married. This to obtain a visa.

It’s traditionally not common to get married to an older woman in Tunisia. Please be aware when getting in a love relationship.
Add....”in clubs and hotels.... and on the internet through fake profiles and fake names throughout numerous apps!”

Judithlyn

These terrorists find any way to get into our countries, be it illegal or via scam marriage.
Those that come illegally need permanent stay: Asylum or marriage within the country....so you will be beznessed from within your own home country.

MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA
JANUARY 9, 2019 / 11:51 AM / UPDATED 9 HOURS AGO
Italy breaks up smuggling ring run by Islamic State sympathiser

PALERMO, Italy (Reuters) - Italian police seized eight men on Wednesday behind a speedboat smuggling ring that ran people, including possible jihadists, to Sicily from Tunisia, investigators said.

Operations were headed by a Tunisian man who used his Facebook account to spread Islamic State (IS) propaganda, they said. He remains at large and is wanted for inciting terrorism.

The paramilitary Carabinieri’s early morning sweep netted two Italians, with the rest mainly Tunisian.

As well as the IS promoter, six others, again mainly Tunisian, are sought for arrest on suspicion of people smuggling and trafficking in illegal cigarettes.

The group was “a real and concrete threat to national security because it was able to offer many irregular migrants a secret sea passage that was safe and fast,” the arrest warrant said.

The route to Sicily “was particularly attractive to subjects sought by Tunisian law enforcement for past crimes or because suspected to be connected to religiously motivated terrorist groups,” it added.

The investigation began in 2016 after a Tunisian man held in an Italian prison offered information saying he wanted to protect Italy from “an army of kamikazes”, the warrant said.

Using speed boats, the smugglers reached the southwest coast of Sicily within three-and-a-half hours carrying a handful of migrants and often other contraband, like cigarettes or hashish, according to testimony from the turncoat.

Police documented five smuggling trips, but many others are suspected to have taken place, one investigator said, because they were discussed in intercepted telephone conversations.

Italy’s Interior Minister Matteo Salvini lauded the operation on Twitter: “People smugglers and terrorists - stay home!!!”

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-italy-security-smuggling/italy-breaks-up-smuggling-ring-run-by-islamic-state-sympathiser-idUKKCN1P316S?rpc=401&
Did they publish the Tunisians names?

Mango Chutney

Maybe they are looking for these people:

Tunisia sentences 41 to death over 2014 attack on army
By AFP

PUBLISHED: 19:24, 12 January 2019 | UPDATED: 19:24, 12 January 2019

+1
Tunisian mourners carry the coffin of a soldier who was killed by militants in a July 2014 attack

A Tunisian court has sentenced 41 jihadists to death over an attack that killed 15 soldiers on the border with Algeria in 2014, prosecutors said Saturday.

The sentences for the men, only two of whom are currently in custody, were delivered in the capital Tunis on Friday, spokesman Sofiene Sliti told AFP.

The other 39 convicted remain at large, he said, adding that all of the those found guilty were linked to the Islamic State group.

Tunisian courts continue to issue death sentences despite no executions being carried out since 1991.

The gun and rocket launcher assault on army positions in July 2014 left 15 troops dead in the Mount Chaambi area of the western Kasserine region that remains a hideout for jihadists.

The attack was the deadliest ever against the country's army.

Tunisian armed forces have for the past six years carried out operations to track down wanted Islamists in the area, which was declared a closed military zone in 2014.

Okba Ibn Nafaa, a Tunisia-based division of Al-Qaeda, is also present in the area.

Since its 2011 revolution, Tunisia has experienced an increase in jihadist attacks that have killed dozens of members of the security forces and at least 59 foreign tourists.

The country has been under a state of emergency since November 2015, when an IS-claimed suicide bombing in Tunis killed 12 presidential guards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-6585109/Tunisia-sentences-41-death-2014-attack-army.html

Be safe, @Going for the limit ....I do worry when I know members are there :love:

Heidi

Staff member - Moderator
I knew it was you who had posted about the green lipsticks haha.
What are they and where do i get them from?
Be careful ;)

Health Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals in Traditional Cosmetics Sold in Tunisian Local Markets

A daily application of cosmetic products with considerable amounts of Pb, Cd, Zn, and Cu on the skin such as the present products marketed in Tunisia can potentially add up to significant exposure levels. The skin absorption of heavy metals salts varies greatly with different physical parameters. In fact, heavy metals bind with the proteins of the cell by forming complexes with carboxylic acid (–COOH), amine (–NH2), and thiol (–SH), hindering their functions and causing death of the cells which lead to multiple diseases [43]. The elevated levels of Pb found in the commercialized kohl samples present a potential risk especially for pregnant women who are more vulnerable consumers as it can easily pass through the placenta. Increased levels of lead in the blood of infants to whom kohl was applied have been well documented
Since there are no proper safety regulations in Tunisia, strict legislations must be established to enforce the acceptable limits of potential contaminants in cosmetics and the good manufacturing practice. Regular inspection of marketed products should be also conducted by the concerned authorities to detect any fraudulent or hazardous product. The sale of any unlabeled or noncompliant product should be also prohibited especially for kohl products due to their major risk especially on the health of young children and pregnant women.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4897375/

Heidi

Staff member - Moderator
Unbenannt.JPGerew.JPG

Product Description
Get heads turning with Frog Prince, a remarkable emerald green lipstick that transforms into magical rosebud upon contact with the lips. Don't be fooled by the deep green hue of this semi-sheer lipstick - the green reacts with the warmth of your lips turning them an intense, fairy tale rose. No two pairs of lips will look the same as it adapts according to your pH and natural coloring, appearing entirely different yet beautifully flattering on everyone. Vitamin E and Shea Butter keep lips soft, hydrated and deliciously kissable. And just like true love itself, this enchanting shade was made to last. Lips remain their blissful pink all day long from just one lingering, magical Frog Prince kiss.

mko.JPG ;)

Top Bottom