Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

That is so sad. They have no pride.
    Your country needs more people like you.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Judithlyn, Arkady, Epiphany and 3 others like this.
  2. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

:mad:Seems like they prefer to live in their own crap and let someone else clean up after themselves.:sick:

3. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

But they are too lazy to follow this example because they are taught not look after themselves.

Tiger, Judithlyn, Epiphany and 2 others like this.
  4. RatSnatcher

RatSnatcher Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that @nadou88.

Just reading and finding new things just confirms why I couldnt be with a Tunisian man. I couldnt live this way for the rest of my life. Yet they r too busy being jealous and angry at the west, they cant see that their country is sinking fast.

Oh, what are the plans for all those terrorist thats coming home??

Tiger, Judithlyn, juicyfruit and 2 others like this.
  5. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

They are young people (around 19 or 20) why should they clean up after them when others do not know better then with you tube or facebook or to talk about what to do for something this weekend . Do not clean after them becaurse you is not them mam

Judithlyn, Arkady and Brasilgirl like this.
  6. Brasilgirl

They need to be taught to clean up after themselves.
    If they throw garbage around here, they will be fined, and they will be frowned upon. Some people will even tell them to pick up the garbage on the spot. The environment and cleanliness are taken seriously here.
    And they wonder why our countries don’t want them. They have to resort to marriage fraud just to get a visa to visit.
    I bet that the few Tunisians that can get visas on their own are clean and tidy people. Not discusting slobs. Nobody wants a dirty slob.

7. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

They are never thought to tidy up. I remember being about 4 years old that I wasn’t allowed to take another jigsaw before I put the other one away. And in school we had programs any keeping the environment tidy. And at high school we got punished if we didn’t clean up after ourselves in the canteen.
    In Tunisia they are way behind with their education. This goes for personal hygiene as well but that is another topic.

Judithlyn, juicyfruit, Amira and 3 others like this.
  8. Brasilgirl

Well, soon they will bury themselves in their own trash. If that’s how they want to live, then it will consume them. Real rats in the streets, stray animals everywhere, they will be over run by disease and garbage. The streets will smell worse than they do.
    They are killing their own country, by their own choice. It’s disgusting. I can’t imagine living that way by choice.

Judithlyn, Arkady, Epiphany and 4 others like this.
  9. Arkady

Arkady Well-Known Member

In Singapore, the penalty for littering is severe.

Judithlyn, Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  10. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Been following this story all day. I wonder if they will now warn tourists :rolleyes:
    This country is NOT safe!

Express. Home of the Daily and Sunday Express.[​IMG]
    Tunisia holiday warning: Terrorists strike as nation struggles to contain militants
    TUNISIA has been shaken by a fresh episode of violence by the hands of terrorists, when two jihadists blew themselves up in the city of Jilma, renewing concerns among holidaymakers about the safety of the country.
    By ALICE SCARSI
    14:36, Thu, Jan 3, 2019 | UPDATED: 14:56, Thu, Jan 3, 2019

The two terrorists were exchanging fire with security forces who stormed their hideout and encircled them when they detonated their bombs this morning, the interior ministry said. The vile act took place 156 miles south of the country’s capital, Tunis. One of the casualties has been identified as Ezzedine Alaoui, leader of the Brigade of Jihad and Unity, a splinter group of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, Soufien Sliti, a spokesman for the counter-terrorism agency said.

RELATED ARTICLES
    Alaoui was also the mastermind of a terrorist plot aiming to take control of the province of Sidi Bouzid, 129 miles south of Tunis.

Tunisia has been struggling against militant groups operating near the border of Algeria since 2011, when citizens raised against autocratic leader Zine Abidine Ben Ali.

The uprising and the terror attacks which later plagued the country turned what once was one of Britain’s favourite holiday destinations in north Africa into an unsafe zone.

Counter-terrorism forces estimated about 3,000 Tunisians have joined ISIS and other jihadist groups in Irac, Syria and Libya in the past nine years.

Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises against any kind of journey in the southern part of Tunisia and asks holidaymakers to check constantly its travel advice before deciding to head to the country.

The FCO’s travel advice page on Tunisia reads: “A state of emergency is in effect in Tunisia, imposed after a suicide attack on a police bus on 24 November 2015.

“It’s been extended a number of times, most recently on November 5 2018 by one month.

“Since the terrorist attack in Sousse in June 2015, which targeted tourists, the UK government has been working closely with the Tunisian authorities to investigate the attack and the wider threat from terrorist groups.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...-tunisia-terror-isis-terrorist-foreign-office

11. RatSnatcher

RatSnatcher Well-Known Member

At this point Mango. If people still vacation here, then I hope their will is updated, life insurance paid and they tell their families they love them. This is ridiculous that people would fly to an ISIS ridden country cus the vacation is cheap. At what cost to your life? This country is becoming unstable by the minute and I dont know how much longer my empathy can go. They've been warned many times.

Judithlyn, Arkady, AmberHeart and 2 others like this.
  12. Mango Chutney

Those red and orange areas have been extended massively since I last looked at the FO page:

Summary
    Still current at:
    3 January 2019
    Updated:
    28 December 2018
    Latest update:
    Summary - addition of information and advice about anti-government protests in late December 2018

[​IMG]
    Download map (PDF)
    The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

• the Chaambi Mountains National Park and the designated military operations zones of Mount Salloum, Mount Sammamma and Mount Mghila
    • the militarised zone south of the towns of El Borma and Dhehiba
    • within 20km of the rest of the Libya border area north of Dhehiba
    • the town of Ben Guerdane and immediate surrounding area.
    https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia

And how ridiculously insane is this! Amongst all that terrorist stuff.....they have pieces about tourism!

Screenshot_2019-01-03-21-24-07_kindlephoto-127719005.png

13. Arkady

Arkady Well-Known Member

Sounds like Tunisia is in danger of becoming a failed state.

Judithlyn, Jisela and Mango Chutney like this.
  14. Mango Chutney

I know this comes as no surprise, but I like to keep the thread updated :)

Declaration of state of emergency throughout country from January 6 to February 4, 2019 (Presidency of the Republic)
    04/01/2019 19:25, TUNIS/Tunisia
    [​IMG]
    (TAP)- President Béji Caïd Essebsi, has decided to declare a state of emergency for one month throughout the country, from 6 January to 4 February 2019.

This measure comes after consultation with the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the House of People’s Representatives (HPR), pending the adoption by the HPR of the draft law on the organisation of the state of emergency, a statement of the Presidency of the Republic said on Friday.

The Head of State had decided to extend the state of emergency for one month throughout the country, from 7 December last year to 5 January 2019.

A state of emergency has been declared since 24 November 2015, following the terrorist attack on a presidential guard bus and extended several times.

On Friday 23 November 2018, Béji Caïd Essebsi chaired a cabinet meeting at the Carthage Palace, during which the draft law on the organisation of the state of emergency was examined.

The cabinet meeting had decided to examine this draft law in depth, particularly as regards guarantees and judicial control, before submitting it to the cabinet meeting again as soon as possible.

https://www.tap.info.tn/en/Portal-Politics/10986194-declaration-of

Judithlyn, Jisela, Heidi and 3 others like this.
  15. Brasilgirl

Why don’t they just keep it indefinite? This one month at a time thing is dumb.

Judithlyn, Jisela, juicyfruit and 3 others like this.
  16. Mango Chutney

I do agree. Before the last one, they did it for seven months....made much more sense with the jihadist problems and the elections this year, as there are always violent clashes.
    This is a big election year, it's not just for a new government, but for a new president too....I think Essebi is in his nineties now....so I imagine the protests will be worse :thumbsup:

Judithlyn, juicyfruit, Jisela and 4 others like this.
  17. Snuggle

I see that the Dutch government is giving a little bit different advise. The holiday companies are starting to fly again from this year. Last year there was only 1 company flying to Endfidha and Djerba and off course Tunisair kept flying from Amsterdam.
    There is no news about the terrorist attacks in the papers or on tv so many people think it is safe again to go on holiday.

Attached Files:

18. Snuggle

Also found a warning for bezness on the website from the foreign ministry. Well done Dutch government.

19. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Maybe you could pop a link to it here :thumbsup:

20. Brasilgirl

Enough people will go where it is cheap, ignore the warnings then cry when they get stuck in the middle of an uprising or war.
    A lot of people go through life with their head in the sand. They don’t check or look for information. Some say things like: ‘They wouldn’t advertise the holiday if it wasn’t safe’ and have that kind of attitude. One would think that just learning about the big terror attack a few years ago would have taught these people to be more self aware. But I doubt it. It’s not their fault so why worry? It frustrates me to no end.

21. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Yes, it's not as if they are Tunisian Love Rats and their families, who get resurrected every hour on the hour :rolleyes:

ökjh.JPG

22. Snuggle

23. Brasilgirl

A new reality series:
    Tunisian i-Zombie, a Netflix exclusive. Lol.

Judithlyn, Arkady and Heidi like this.
  24. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Travel advice Tunisia | Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Last modified: 31-10-2018 Still valid on: 05-01-2019

There is a risk of terrorist attacks throughout Tunisia, including on tourists and in tourist areas.

Local laws, rules and customs

The Tunisian authorities are very strict against the possession and use of drugs. Beware of young Tunisians who try to seduce you.
    Point out for travel

Proper preparation of your trip can prevent many problems.

Pretty lame, if you ask me :confused:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Judithlyn, spartacus, Masha and 5 others like this.
  25. Mango Chutney

Haha :D:D
    Those dang resurrections! Ain't no getting rid of the buggers and their kin :rolleyes:
    Brilliant! Thank you :)

Judithlyn, Jisela, AmberHeart and 3 others like this.