Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Bergo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Well, I got good news today. My Tunisian lawyer says that the divorce is $250 (USD). Proceeding :D

Masha, Mango Chutney, magic and 7 others like this.
  2. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

This increase in travel warnings shows that the western countries are aware of the terrorists in Tunisia and I expect that will play greatly on visa applications. I would expect longer wait times as the authorities do more extensive background checks etc. Lets hope anyway.

magic, Judithlyn, Epiphany and 3 others like this.
  3. Brasilgirl

:D:thumbsup:

Judithlyn, AmberHeart and Jisela like this.
  4. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

I'm not a tech person.......does this mean we'll now be able to translate Tunisian dialect?

"Microsoft yesterday released a new update for the SwiftKey app for Android app with support for new languages. With this update, you can now type in 3 new languages: Arabic (Algeria), Arabic (Morocco) and Arabic (Tunisia). This update also improves Arabic & Malay with support for emoji panel prediction. With this update, Microsoft has changed Bing Search results filtering to ‘moderate’ and from now on, it will also respect what you change and save it to (strict, moderate or off)."
    https://mspoweruser.com/swiftkey-for-android-update-now-allows-you-to-type-in-3-new-languages/

Judithlyn, Epiphany, Jisela and 3 others like this.
  5. Brasilgirl

Rats aren’t going to like that. Hehe.

Judithlyn, Epiphany, Jisela and 3 others like this.
  6. Mango Chutney

My thinking too, but I'm not sure if it means the regional dialect, or the scribbly Arabic writing.
    My God.....I hope it's dialect :D

Judithlyn, AmberHeart, Jisela and 2 others like this.
  7. Judithlyn

Judithlyn Well-Known Member

@Mango Chutney and I were in Tunis when the November terrorist attack happened. I have a pic of me standing exactly where that bus was which he blew up 2 days later! Scary!!! Tunisia has gotten much much worse. The USA State Dept sent a warning out not long along. Even the American Embassy personnel are supposed to remain within Tunis and not branch out into other parts of the country.

Mango Chutney and AmberHeart like this.
  8. Judithlyn

My rat shook hands with the Military personnel and police at roadblocks. He had a pack of Marlboros in his hand. They let us right through! What a security joke! I would be terrified to go back there. Actually, I was which is why I made rat come to Japan the next 3 times.

AmberHeart, Jisela and Mystery like this.
  9. Judithlyn

It’s going to take strong people like you to fix Tunisia. I think women are the future of Tunisia. Stand up, keep fighting, bring thousands of other likeminded Tunisians onboard, run for political office, and make bezness a crime along with littering. The garbage is disgusting....both literal garbage on the ground everywhere and these using, lying young lazy Tunisian conmen. While they do nothing but sit in coffee shops conning innocent victims online, at least arrest them and give them community service of cleaning up garbage. Stop all access to WiFi, laptops, and cellphones by anybody caught conning people! It’s a start! Good luck!

10. Judithlyn

Add....”in clubs and hotels.... and on the internet through fake profiles and fake names throughout numerous apps!”

AmberHeart and Mystery like this.
  11. Judithlyn

Did they publish the Tunisians names?

AmberHeart, Jisela and Mystery like this.
  12. Mango Chutney

No, it is incredibly rare for the Tunisian authorities and media to put names out....it pisses me off :D

Judithlyn, Jisela, AmberHeart and 2 others like this.
  13. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Me and the hubby just been walking back from kantoui. Seems to be a lot of special forces out tonight. Dont usually see them so its abit strange

14. Brasilgirl

That sounds a bit scary. Stay safe!

15. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Stay safe. Uncertain times.

16. Mango Chutney

Maybe they are looking for these people:

Tunisia sentences 41 to death over 2014 attack on army
    By AFP

PUBLISHED: 19:24, 12 January 2019 | UPDATED: 19:24, 12 January 2019

[​IMG]

+1
    Tunisian mourners carry the coffin of a soldier who was killed by militants in a July 2014 attack

A Tunisian court has sentenced 41 jihadists to death over an attack that killed 15 soldiers on the border with Algeria in 2014, prosecutors said Saturday.

The sentences for the men, only two of whom are currently in custody, were delivered in the capital Tunis on Friday, spokesman Sofiene Sliti told AFP.

The other 39 convicted remain at large, he said, adding that all of the those found guilty were linked to the Islamic State group.

Tunisian courts continue to issue death sentences despite no executions being carried out since 1991.

The gun and rocket launcher assault on army positions in July 2014 left 15 troops dead in the Mount Chaambi area of the western Kasserine region that remains a hideout for jihadists.

The attack was the deadliest ever against the country's army.

Tunisian armed forces have for the past six years carried out operations to track down wanted Islamists in the area, which was declared a closed military zone in 2014.

Okba Ibn Nafaa, a Tunisia-based division of Al-Qaeda, is also present in the area.

Since its 2011 revolution, Tunisia has experienced an increase in jihadist attacks that have killed dozens of members of the security forces and at least 59 foreign tourists.

The country has been under a state of emergency since November 2015, when an IS-claimed suicide bombing in Tunis killed 12 presidential guards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/a...isia-sentences-41-death-2014-attack-army.html

Be safe, @Going for the limit ....I do worry when I know members are there :love:

17. Going for the limit

God only knows but they are around
    They do look quite scary though, face covering is intimidating.
    However its my last day i go home tomorrow . Its always so hard to leave .
    But for now im off downstairs to see what delciousness my mil has made for lunch.
    40 clem by the time i go home haha.

18. Going for the limit

I knew it was you who had posted about the green lipsticks haha.
    What are they and where do i get them from?

Jisela likes this.
  19. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Be careful ;)

Health Risk Assessment of Heavy Metals in Traditional Cosmetics Sold in Tunisian Local Markets

A daily application of cosmetic products with considerable amounts of Pb, Cd, Zn, and Cu on the skin such as the present products marketed in Tunisia can potentially add up to significant exposure levels. The skin absorption of heavy metals salts varies greatly with different physical parameters. In fact, heavy metals bind with the proteins of the cell by forming complexes with carboxylic acid (–COOH), amine (–NH2), and thiol (–SH), hindering their functions and causing death of the cells which lead to multiple diseases [43]. The elevated levels of Pb found in the commercialized kohl samples present a potential risk especially for pregnant women who are more vulnerable consumers as it can easily pass through the placenta. Increased levels of lead in the blood of infants to whom kohl was applied have been well documented
    Since there are no proper safety regulations in Tunisia, strict legislations must be established to enforce the acceptable limits of potential contaminants in cosmetics and the good manufacturing practice. Regular inspection of marketed products should be also conducted by the concerned authorities to detect any fraudulent or hazardous product. The sale of any unlabeled or noncompliant product should be also prohibited especially for kohl products due to their major risk especially on the health of young children and pregnant women.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4897375/

20. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Unbenannt.JPGerew.JPG

Product Description
    Get heads turning with Frog Prince, a remarkable emerald green lipstick that transforms into magical rosebud upon contact with the lips. Don't be fooled by the deep green hue of this semi-sheer lipstick - the green reacts with the warmth of your lips turning them an intense, fairy tale rose. No two pairs of lips will look the same as it adapts according to your pH and natural coloring, appearing entirely different yet beautifully flattering on everyone. Vitamin E and Shea Butter keep lips soft, hydrated and deliciously kissable. And just like true love itself, this enchanting shade was made to last. Lips remain their blissful pink all day long from just one lingering, magical Frog Prince kiss.

mko.JPG ;)

21. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

22. Mango Chutney

Tunisia has been taking loans and donations from other countries for absolute years.....that's why they are in debt up to their freakin eyeballs, yet look at the state of the country: Inadequate health, education and law facilities, filth and neglect, roads unfit for purpose, masse unemployment and general poverty.

The corrupt government line their own pockets with those handouts.....whilst regular folk suddenly find they can barely put a nutritious meal on the table, as their living expenses have increased to pay off said loans.
    A loan or donation to Tunisia serves as much use as a chocolate teapot.....it is useless and improves nothing.

I remember when I first left rat, I researched so much stuff in my quest to understand what the actual f*ck just happened....and I got so angry when I discovered all this money being handed on a plate to Tunisia.
    At that point, I was so angry with rat and the Tunisian authorities lack of action over bezness, I wanted Tunisia to fail...how mean is that?
    But I did, I was angry and irrational. Now, I feel pity for a country so badly run, it is only these foreign handouts keep their heads above water. Loans and handouts will never get them anywhere....corruption will see to that, as we see now :thumbsup:

In Tunisia, the begging bowl really does start from the top and work it's way down....all the way to prostitute rats :thumbsup:
    No pride.

23. Mango Chutney

This must be why there was extra military presence yesterday:

Under Tight Security, Tunisia Commemorates Revolution Anniversary

Tuesday, 15 January, 2019 - 08:45

[​IMG]
    University professors and teachers take part in a protest to demand higher wages in Tunis, Tunisia December 19, 2018. (Reuters)
    Tunis - Asharq Al-Awsat
    Thousands of Tunisians rallied under tight security measures on Monday to mark eight years since the ouster of President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali.

President Beji Caid Essebsi used the occasion to call on the Tunisian General Labor Union (UGTT) to cancel a general strike scheduled on Thursday to demand a wage raise.

During the opening of an exhibition at the Bardo museum that marks the revolution, Essebsi warned of the danger that a general strike posed.

He acknowledged that the purchasing power of the Tunisians was declining after inflation reached 7.5 percent.

At the Habib Bourguiba Avenue, thousands of demonstrators, especially political party supporters, organized Monday festive rallies to mark the revolt.

UGTT Noureddine Taboubi delivered a speech before the crowd and expressed his insistence to stage the strike.

Although Tunisia continues to proceed with democracy and the political transition after the so-called “Arab Spring”, the economy still faces challenges.

Unemployment stands at 15.5 percent, with those worst hit being young university graduates, and the dinar value drops before the euro and dollar.

The Tunisian president pledged to publish the final list of martyrs and wounded of the uprising – an announcement that has been delayed since 2011. This could introduce financial settlements with the families.

The assigned committee has finalized its mission one year ago, affirmed the president, and results will be published in the official gazette soon.

During the revolution from December 17, 2010 until January 14 2011, more than 300 were killed, while thousands of others were wounded. But no accurate numbers were officially announced since the list has been revised several times since 2011 to determine the exact number and avoid any deceit.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/art...y-tunisia-commemorates-revolution-anniversary

AmberHeart, Jisela and juicyfruit like this.
  24. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

They're lost in their own bad programming. They want to brainwash themselves to see themselves as victims forever. They don't want to touch the government... but the government running on alone turns corrupt.
    I think that's a completely normal response to being abused, targeted, and victimized. I felt like I wanted to see justice a little differently, because of all the disgusting men going to Tunisia trying to buy young, male prostitutes. It makes me sick for the youth. At this point, I dream of perfect justice. For the ones who plot evil in their hearts, and the ones who hurt the innocent, I hope nothing but punishment. For the innocent ones who want freedom, and for the ones who try to protect innocent, I hope they are protected and they get justice. I would much rather see Tunisia as a fair and just society, rather than a pile of ruin and shambles. If I were so lucky to see my "revenge" it would be Tunisia throw all the radicals into the sea, to allow freedom for religious minorities, for women, etc. That's as close to closure as I could possibly get.

Honestly, seeing all of these Muslim men and women fighting for freedom (not terrorism) now has already brought me 99% closure. I always knew my rat was wrong about everything (the cruelty and evil in his heart spoke everything) :D