Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Femme Fatale

Black Tunisians push for equality, in face of racism AFP news agency Am 15.11.2018 veröffentlicht

This piss me off. I won't say too much on this because I may get banned. But they have some nerve. Bottom of the barrel, guttersnipes. I wouldn't piss on their racist asses if they were on fire. Im sick of them. They better count their lucky stars that I hate politics and I'm not president.

Mystery

Friday the 22nd of February,
Civil war is possible going to kick off in Algeria.
The people are preparing themselves for what could be another Syria
This could possibly erupt into the nearing country of Tunisia. Of course this is only hearsay from friends who live there.
Pictures I see of the shutters already down on businesses.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Black Tunisians push for equality, in face of racism AFP news agency Am 15.11.2018 veröffentlicht

Isn’t it vile! Never in my life have I ever encountered such racism as I did living there ....it used to really upset me.
When we were going on holiday one time, there was a young black family at the bus station, just mum, dad and two kiddies, little more than toddlers, a family just trying to ride the bus like any other. They were ridiculed horribly, the Tunisians taking pics of them, pointing at them, laughing at them.
I know it was weakness on my part, but I just gave them a sad smile and walked away....I was looking at piles of freakin rubbish in the bus station...because it was easier on the eye than watching that family ridiculed for no reason, other than that their skin was darker. They were causing no bother, and damn...but those little’uns sure were cute as hell :love:
In an English speaking country, I would have spoken out, but there....I would have been assaulted for bringing shame on the rat family.
I just don’t understand....I really don’t :(
The people in that video, they speak the truth....no matter what any rat may tell you....I saw and heard it firsthand.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Friday the 22nd of February,
Civil war is possible going to kick off in Algeria.
The people are preparing themselves for what could be another Syria
This could possibly erupt into the nearing country of Tunisia. Of course this is only hearsay from friends who live there.
Pictures I see of the shutters already down on businesses.
Holy camel! You got any links?

Mystery

To be honest i havnt seen that in tunisia
I havnt actually really seen any black people there although my hubbys best friend is black.
Its sad and awful how in this day and age that this is still an issue.
I hate racism in any form .
Its time it all stopped.
They were all in Algeria. The government rounded them up bussed them to the Sahara.
Some died from trying to get back to their country . I know it was on the news in UK not so long ago I saw the children begging on the streets forced by the family. Father's would be sat watching them beg. I was told they were refugees living under bridges. So sad

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
It shouldnt be happening. Not that i have kept count but i think i can count on one hand how many i saw and i didnt see anything untoward but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen.
In the suburbs around Tunis, there are lots of black people, just trying to live and fit in the same as everyone else is....they are taunted mercilessly :Evil:
I don't know if you stay in tourist areas in Sousse, I'm not familiar with Sousse, as I only visited Hergla....but maybe they don't settle in those areas, as I didn't see any in Hammamet either, but didn't realise until I read your comment :confused:
I read recently about the first person being charged under the new racism laws....I can't remember all the ins and outs, but it was in Tunis.
Even if black people or Jewish people only appeared on TV, the comments by my rat and his bro were shocking....I used to go freakin mental at them! :Evil:

Going for the limit

Khezma but its a big area.
Its probably about 15-20 minutes away in a taxi from the tourist area.
I havnt seen any in sidi bou said either or if i have i have never noticed.
Like i said hubbys friend is black i am going to ask him if he has had abuse because of his colour and what his experiance is concerning this as it would be interesting to know if it is all over tunisia or just mainly in certain areas

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
It’s all over, but it’s rampant in Tunis....very disturbing to witness.
I grew up on a crappy old council estate in North London...my friends were all different colours, religions, nationalities, shapes, sizes etc....I’ve just never paid attention to skin tone, it is a shell....inside is what counts, but when I explained all this in Tunisia, they openly laughed at me.

This video is quite long, and I didn’t watch it all because the old lady and her husband made me cry :Cry:
She showed the wound on her head and cried, her husbands face is one of deep despair....I couldn’t watch anymore, but it is worth a watch.
The new racism law is now on paper, but in practice....I suspect it will not be used often, just like the domestic abuse law, and the women marrying outside of Islam law.
Even on here, where there is no judgement on skin colour....we’ve had Tunisian members stressing they are white skinned....RIP was pretty obsessive about it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=racism+in+tunisia&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiakOXwo83gAhUD3BoKHdCsDtEQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=racism+in+tunisia&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.3..0i30.49281.60515..61441...1.0..0.318.2914.32j3j2j1......0....1.......5..35i39j0i24j0i13j0j0i67.Ozddm8JoUyM&ei=V9ZuXNqIIYO4a9DZuogN&bih=454&biw=320&client=safari&prmd=insv&hl=en-gb#imgrc=Xj-zI8xYxIrkzM&imgdii=MNZKW_4o_Et57M

Going for the limit

I have spoke to him and asked him about his experiance he said him and his family have never been a victim of racism
However he said he has extended family members around the gafsa area that have experianced it.
He said in his younger years at school the other kids would sometimes ask him why he was a different colour but then they would just leave it at that.

Femme Fatale

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/20/isis-us-woman-alabama-no-return-mike-pompeo?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/20/isis-us-woman-alabama-no-return-mike-pompeo

Second husband was a Tunisian and he is the father of her 18 month old. He has since been killed. She now wants to come home. Her dad is suing our government to get her back home. The arrogance and the mentality, I can't understand.

Future victims, this could easily be you. Check the status of how many Tunisian fighters are in ISIS. Want to play the lotto with your life. Because the chances of your rat being a radical ISIS member is possible.

nadou88

tunisians are not racist only to black people , they are also racist among themselves , my sister has a dark medium tone some of the kids in her school don't want to be friends with her they think she's dirty for some reason and they are only children , when i walk with her they don't believe we are sisters and keep saying it's a shame she doesn't look like you i think she hates her skin colour , girls buy foundations tha don't match their skin tone ,always looking for fairness creams , tell someone i want a tan and they will be laughing at you , a girl i know has a lovely golden tone just like jennifer lopez i told her i liked what she looks like but she was offended she thought i was making a joke of her ,what tunisians and other north africans don't get is that we are all africans ,african doesn't mean just black ,it's about diversity africans can be black ,white ,olive ect... they think they don't belong in africa and so they hate black africans .

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
tunisians are not racist only to black people , they are also racist among themselves , my sister has a dark medium tone some of the kids in her school don't want to be friends with her they think she's dirty for some reason and they are only children , when i walk with her they don't believe we are sisters and keep saying it's a shame she doesn't look like you i think she hates her skin colour , girls buy foundations tha don't match their skin tone ,always looking for fairness creams , tell someone i want a tan and they will be laughing at you , a girl i know has a lovely golden tone just like jennifer lopez i told her i liked what she looks like but she was offended she thought i was making a joke of her ,what tunisians and other north africans don't get is that we are all africans ,african doesn't mean just black ,it's about diversity africans can be black ,white ,olive ect... they think they don't belong in africa and so they hate black africans .
It’s so sad, Nadou, our skin is nothing but a shell...yet we are judged on it :Cry:

nadou88

It’s so sad, Nadou, our skin is nothing but a shell...yet we are judged on it :Cry:
it's not even scientific , phenotype doesn't reflect genotype , the racism here is a big problem tunisian boys are always making jokes about tunisian girls telling them they are blue with black knees and armpits ,they look african ect.. the same boys saying this look like the girls .if you are white people will directly assume you are rich , smarter ..ect .racism is not only about color tunisians will insult everyone black ,fat , poor ,skinny , tall ...

Femme Fatale

I feel your sisters pain I do. I can honestly relate. I am as pale, light skinned with lots of freckles, but my little sister has more of my dads Native American blood. She has smooth olive skin, with soft long hair. She has experienced it the most. We 3 all look different. But same mom and dad. Our mom is black. I try to steer clear of these topics, cus the hatred i feel, could kill off an entire generation. I have to really seek God about that, cus I hate racist people. God knows I shouldn't, but I do. My nephews are mixed babies, most gorgeous light skinned, green, hazel eyed kids youd ever meet. Sweet as pie and good manners. The thought of them being discriminated against, I feel prison time in my future. :(

nadou88

I feel your sisters pain I do. I can honestly relate. I am as pale, light skinned with lots of freckles, but my little sister has more of my dads Native American blood. She has smooth olive skin, with soft long hair. She has experienced it the most. We 3 all look different. But same mom and dad. Our mom is black. I try to steer clear of these topics, cus the hatred i feel, could kill off an entire generation. I have to really seek God about that, cus I hate racist people. God knows I shouldn't, but I do. My nephews are mixed babies, most gorgeous light skinned, green, hazel eyed kids youd ever meet. Sweet as pie and good manners. The thought of them being discriminated against, I feel prison time in my future. :(
the same as me my mom is dark ,and we are 3 different siblings .
there is racism in your country as well ?

Femme Fatale

the same as me my mom is dark ,and we are 3 different siblings .
there is racism in your country as well ?
Omg yes!!! Its not just exclusive to Tunisia. I was actually surprised that it was so prevalent in your country. I was surprised to learn it happened a lot in your small country. I am in Germany now and I know there is racism everywhere, BUT I can honestly say, this country has been amazing to me. When i walk in the store they dont stare and I feel so comfortable. They treat me like a human, not by my race. They just give me a compliment on my freckles, cus I have a lot on my nose and under my eyes. They think its cute. But i have never felt singled out cus of being mixed here. My country can be racist in some areas, yep.

nadou88

Omg yes!!! Its not just exclusive to Tunisia. I was actually surprised that it was so prevalent in your country. I was surprised to learn it happened a lot in your small country. I am in Germany now and I know there is racism everywhere, BUT I can honestly say, this country has been amazing to me. When i walk in the store they dont stare and I feel so comfortable. They treat me like a human, not by my race. They just give me a compliment on my freckles, cus I have a lot on my nose and under my eyes. They think its cute. But i have never felt singled out cus of being mixed here. My country can be racist in some areas, yep.
i'm happy you are living in a place where you feel like yourself . freckles are cute haha but i'm fighting them like there is no tomorrow ,you know they are actually signs of aging :Cry: sorry i'm obsessed with skincare my friends say that all i'm talking about is night cream ,retinol serums and sunscreen :D:D

Top Bottom