Welcome to TLR

Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
Woman whose friend, 40, is set to marry a Tunisian resort worker, 24, after spending just three WEEKS together claims holiday companies should WARN women against holiday romances
Great article! Good to see TLR gets a mention in the comments!!

tipme

Major Ratslayer
I hope the children remain with protective services, as the husband’s family members were also stalking her (she separated with the husband and took the kids to a women’s shelter). They’re likely supportive of their son. I don’t think he was on drugs because...

Warning graphic/triggering response:
[according to commentary/footage]

He had been waiting for her and was able to hit her with a vehicle, calmly get out of the vehicle, moving to the trunk, calmly open the trunk to retrieve an axe, before hitting her with it several times. After he decapitated her, he then calmly waited for the police to arrive.

So, no. I don’t think he was under the influence of drugs.
but you dont no.these Shite heads take it all the time only victims dont no this.to me there all split personalitys

tipme

Major Ratslayer
Gosh! What an interesting read! Some were there because they were caught under the same roof, with men who weren't their blood or they weren't married to them!!!!!
i watch a programe the other night were guy was showing libya tunsia sicily.and tunsia was so much unemployment.sometimes karma comes bk and hits u on your backside.well when u see illimigrants its always just men.well these women had left north africia.over the mediterrean with just there kids to sicily.and they loved it .showed you them learning languages and got places to stay .dont want to go to uk.but the fact no men which was an eye opener they were free.pity when these girls get out they could do something like this were there not judged are.in the villages were there looked at as trash.to do a sentence in tunsia jails must be horrendous for women,probably getting raped pregnant and so on.imagine in britain if disabled woman killed her disabled daughter thats the worst one.were was the family to help this woman too .that this was her only way to do such a thing.they defintley need mental hospitals there.so when any reach britain they all run around with knives cos this is normal.some parts of london you couldnt go for a kebab unless u have someone with you watching your back.

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
State of emergency extended in Tunisia by 6 months

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Tunisia’s travel agencies hit as Coronavirus pandemic pummels tourism

chauncine1

Rat Expert
Tunisia’s travel agencies hit as Coronavirus pandemic pummels tourism

Thank you for sharing news and updates of whats going on over there. Much appreciated.

chauncine1

Rat Expert
Don't know weather to laugh or cry for this news....laugh because so many hotel rats are getting what they deserve. Cry because this means the hotel rats will be fishing on line along with the other arseholes to exploit foreign women for everything they've got!

lol for me personally I am not laughing or crying but I am thankful that many of us have not been affected as severely as some of the others around the world. Many people are going hungry right now and not sure what their tomorrow will look like. I know this page has helped and will continue to help women around the world catch on to what these rats are doing but I will say a prayer for the innocent and hard working honest Tunisians who are suffering right now. I have no doubt the rats will survive this pandemic but my thoughts were geared more towards the others who wont be so lucky this time around.

JGG

Major Ratslayer
lol for me personally I am not laughing or crying but I am thankful that many of us have not been affected as severely as some of the others around the world. Many people are going hungry right now and not sure what their tomorrow will look like. I know this page has helped and will continue to help women around the world catch on to what these rats are doing but I will say a prayer for the innocent and hard working honest Tunisians who are suffering right now. I have no doubt the rats will survive this pandemic but my thoughts were geared more towards the others who wont be so lucky this time around.
It definitely is a tough situation....my heart does go out to all the innocent and good people of Tunisia...but for those rats...they thought nothing of taking the food out of their victims mouths and the clothes off of their backs and draining their bank bank accounts. I hope these rats are suffering a little...maybe if they hadn't been the devils they are....many of us would have gladly reached out to help if we could. If my rat were to reach out to me now because of Covid....my response would be...where were you when I needed you? They chose their path...they can suffer the consequences. I can't apologize for being harsh. ♡ Maybe this is a form of Karma for these rats.....

chauncine1

Rat Expert
It definitely is a tough situation....my heart does go out to all the innocent and good people of Tunisia...but for those rats...they thought nothing of taking the food out of their victims mouths and the clothes off of their backs and draining their bank bank accounts. I hope these rats are suffering a little...maybe if they hadn't been the devils they are....many of us would have gladly reached out to help if we could. If my rat were to reach out to me now because of Covid....my response would be...where were you when I needed you? They chose their path...they can suffer the consequences. I can't apologize for being harsh. ♡ Maybe this is a form of Karma for these rats.....

Absolutely! Your feelings and reaction is completely justified no need to apologize for the "harshness" nothing about what you said is harsh, its just a reality of their consequences . Everyone will get what they deserve sooner or later. I just hope that moving forward we will have a heart of compassion but a mind of iron so we can discern and not get played like some of us have in the past. <3

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Absolutely! Your feelings and reaction is completely justified no need to apologize for the "harshness" nothing about what you said is harsh, its just a reality of their consequences . Everyone will get what they deserve sooner or later. I just hope that moving forward we will have a heart of compassion but a mind of iron so we can discern and not get played like some of us have in the past. <3
Yes I agree 100 % the downside of relationships like this is that for the majority of us it leaves a huge scar on our lives and we tend to become jaded and cynical. My ability for compassion and empathy is still huge.....I have not let my rat change that about me.....Im just going to be very careful in the future with whome I bestow my compassion and empathy on. Lesson well learned. ;)

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
I posted the article because I also had an uncomfortable emotional response to it. I figure, that's a good thing; maybe it's good to be challenged on sensitive issues?

The article made me think, more or less, about how the world changes. I was on this forum, last year, overwhelmed by anger at a tourist industry that carelessly directs people into this unsafe country and ignores the rapes, assaults, and theft (and deaths). I was also deeply unsettled by foreign nationals who heed no warnings when going in to vacation. Then, a worldwide plague did what no one could ever hope to do - stop tourism in Tunisia.

And, yes, I'm on that edge of feeling satisfied, realizing it's not morally correct to feel that way, and questioning myself, if my feelings are right or wrong, after being ruthlessly terrorized by a Tunisian man. He certainly never lost sleep over it, because they feel justified. But, this is all out of my control. So, I'm going to let myself and everyone else off the hook, too.

I spent a moment reading the article and just wanted to post it here. It's odd how Covid did what no victim could do, even though we all hoped for it when we sat outside Tunisia, bitterly counted our losses, and picked up the broken pieces of our lives - "shut it all down."

Maybe it's ok to not decidedly feel one way or the other? I hope it doesn't become a debate. And, it's probably best to just accept it and leave it that way; there are no easy ways to feel about Tunisia or this article.

Last edited:

JGG

Major Ratslayer
I posted the article because I also had an uncomfortable emotional response to it. I figure, that's a good thing; maybe it's good to be challenged on sensitive issues?

The article made me think, more or less, about how the world changes. I was on this forum, last year, overwhelmed by anger at a tourist industry that carelessly directs people into this unsafe country and ignores the rapes, assaults, and theft (and deaths). I was also deeply unsettled by foreign nationals who heed no warnings when going in to vacation. Then, a worldwide plague did what no one could ever hope to do - stop tourism in Tunisia.

And, yes, I'm on that edge of feeling satisfied, realizing it's not morally correct to feel that way, and questioning myself, if my feelings are right or wrong, after being ruthlessly terrorized by a Tunisian man. He certainly never lost sleep over it, because they feel justified. But, this is all out of my control. So, I'm going to let myself and everyone else off the hook, too.

I spent a moment reading the article and just wanted to post it here. It's odd how Covid did what no victim could do, even though we all hoped for it when we sat outside Tunisia, bitterly counted our losses, and picked up the broken pieces of our lives - "shut it all down."

Maybe it's ok to not decidedly feel one way or the other? I hope it doesn't become a debate. And, it's probably best to just accept it and leave it that way; there are no easy ways to feel about Tunisia or this article.
Excellent post!
One issue that I have difficulty coming to terms with is, the domino affect this virus has had on these people who prey on innocent victims and tourists. These rats who make a living out of scamming people are most often responsible for feeding and clothing younger siblings and even infact their own children and other family members....I can feel great empathy for innocent victims suffering from this virus and its economic catastrophe that it has caused. I can only hope that this terrible time will awaken everyone from this deep seated sense of entitlement and greed that has overtaken humanity. It all comes down to the choices we make and the paths we choose to travel...weather it be in the past, now or in the future, these rats must be held responsible for their choices they have made....I feel I paid my debt in full to my rat....the money I lovingly sent him for two years out of my savings account, I could sure use during this crisis as my hours at work have been cut and I've had to learn to live on half of my income. Just my humble opinion ♡

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Don't know weather to laugh or cry for this news....laugh because so many hotel rats are getting what they deserve. Cry because this means the hotel rats will be fishing on line along with the other arseholes to exploit foreign women for everything they've got!
Being on LINE is “their full time job”, hotel work is just a “side line” job, I’m sure cafes owner will get fed up with then sitting there with their phones drinking one cup of coffee while “fishing” for vulnerable female souls to help them pay for THAT cup of coffee lol.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Great article! Good to see TLR gets a mention in the comments!!
This article suggests that travel companies warn women about bezness when they travel alone in Tunisia and don’t get involved, this situation has been going on for years, we have news coverage the advice is everywhere!!! The lady in question in this news is taking her kids to live in Tunisia, wow that’s a big decision for those kids, only after three weeks of meeting this guy.. and he’s only 24 or 25?. That’s the age when these rats hurt women, I don’t know this lady but I’m seriously worried because people are so desperate outthere that they try to “cling” to other people, especially these young rats, may God help her and I hope his family doesn’t treat her like a SERVANT, it’s obvious that she’s blinded by LOVE :(