Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Laura2014

Administrator
Staff member
10.05.2019 - 20:17 clock

At least 65 people drowned off the Tunisian coast, according to the UN refugee agency UNHCR.

The boat, with which the migrants wanted to get to Europe, had gone down about 80 kilometers from the Tunisian coastal town of Sfax, the organization said on Friday. It is the worst incident for several months.

The Tunisian news agency TAP spoke with reference to local authorities even of 70 dead.

Fishermen who had been near the scene of the accident saved 16 people from drowning. One person was taken directly to the hospital, while others waited in the southern city of Zarzis for permission to go ashore, the UNHCR said.

According to authorities, the migrants came mainly from countries south of the Sahara. On late Thursday evening, they made their way to Europe in the Libyan port city of Suara, survivors told the UNHCR. Subsequently, the boat got into distress due to high waves.
This is beyond tragic. What a terrible loss of life. No one seems able or inclined to seek out the smugglers who exploit people and send them to their death.

minnie

10.05.2019 - 20:17 clock

At least 65 people drowned off the Tunisian coast, according to the UN refugee agency UNHCR.

The boat, with which the migrants wanted to get to Europe, had gone down about 80 kilometers from the Tunisian coastal town of Sfax, the organization said on Friday. It is the worst incident for several months.

The Tunisian news agency TAP spoke with reference to local authorities even of 70 dead.

Fishermen who had been near the scene of the accident saved 16 people from drowning. One person was taken directly to the hospital, while others waited in the southern city of Zarzis for permission to go ashore, the UNHCR said.

According to authorities, the migrants came mainly from countries south of the Sahara. On late Thursday evening, they made their way to Europe in the Libyan port city of Suara, survivors told the UNHCR. Subsequently, the boat got into distress due to high waves.
Prob. A brunch of infested Rats drown...awwww

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Prob. A brunch of infested Rats drown...awwww
It seems they were majority sub Saharan Africans, though having left from Libya, I have no doubt there were probably North Africans on there too, but I doubt many (if any) Tunisian’s, it just happened to go down off the Sfax coast. I’ve been following it online since it happened Friday morning.

Whoever they were, what a wretched way to die :Cry:
Those people were loved by somebody....it’s horrible.

How incredibly sad it is that the movies and internet have put such deluded visions of the Western lifestyle out there, people are willing to risk their lives for greed and a wealth that will never materialise.

I know you’re really hurt and angry right now, Minnie, and I feel for you....I know how it hurts and I’m here for you, but try not to let your hurt, anger and confusion roll over into hatred, it will make you feel worse, not better :)

Laura2014

Administrator
Staff member
I think it’s hard for people who live in a relatively stable Europe to imagine the utter desperation of living in the sub Sahara region. Yemen, Congo, Sudan Rwanda. The surrounding countries have been ravaged by war and famine and tribal dictatorship. We played our very big part too in making countries like Libya lawless and rife for smugglers. I’ve followed the harrowing journeys across deserts and war torn Libya.

It’s not greed or longing for wealth that brings them into a boat willing to risk drowning. It’s utter desperation.

When we get in a plane to go on holiday we have a 99.9% chance we will return alive. When they leave a village travel days through desserts, fearful, without suitable clothing or provisions, and get in a boat where they know they may die, the odds are 65/35 That they will die, that’s not lazy or greedy.

Yes of course each boat brings some opportunists, mainly from Tunisia hoping to try their luck.

We have not suffered from repeated years of failed crops, from children kidnapped and recruited as child soldiers or kidnapped from mud hut villages and raped and trafficked.

If I was in that position, relentless famine and fear knowing no one was about to help me any time soon, I would do it too.

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Fleeing famine and war, wanting safety and food for your loved ones, I understand. What infuriates me and shows where it goes beyond fear and into the ugly depths of greed, is when people have made it to safe countries.....but they persist in going further for deluded visions of wealth.

Take those dicks in France, for example...crossing the Channel in dinghies for ‘Benefits Britain’.....how many safe countries had they already travelled through? What war and famine are they fleeing in France?
This is where it goes from fleeing hell and becomes ugly greed.. these illegal, economic migrants are a curse on all of us, be it genuine asylum seekers struggling for help, or the tax payer....they rob us all.

I too would flee famine and war with my loved ones, but I would not be so damn greedy that after finding safety, I would then get greedy and stick my family in boats.....my family is worth more than any money :thumbsup:

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Also, it has now been put out there that these people were Bangladeshi. They got to Turkey (safe country) and were flown into Libya, they paid $10,000 each, seven were from the same family. That’s about £53,000....so they had enough to make a good life where they were. Greed and delusional visions killed these people, nothing more, nothing less.

akhenaten

Indeed, who give a f**k if innocient people are killed in a beautiful country?
a such corrupted country dosent give a fk about innocents lives. most tunisians were sad because the terror attack severely damaged the tourism incone and as the country rely heavely on tourism they knew hard time is coming for them.

In short, they just care about money from tourists not about people themselves.

want to verify this? simple, tell any rat that you are from a poor country and have no money to give him, he will instantly ghost you.

Going for the limit

Although I agree with most of what has been said and think it's disgusting the memorial has been took down , but I honestly do think without some amazing Tunisian workers from the hotel and the beach this massacre would of been a whole lot worse. The bravery was heroic .
The police however failed big time it was disgusting

Judithlyn

a such corrupted country dosent give a fk about innocents lives. most tunisians were sad because the terror attack severely damaged the tourism incone and as the country rely heavely on tourism they knew hard time is coming for them.

want to verify this? simple, tell any rat that you are from a poor country and have no money to give him, he will instantly ghost you.
Spot on! Why would anybody on this planet want to ever go to Tunisia, where the people only use, abuse, con, and steal from naive innocent sweet tourists? What a fucking scummy country! I’ve tried to find innocent good people there, but in my years of searching, I have truthfully found ZERO!!! I’m sorry if somebody reading here is offended, but I’m telling the truth! I’ve met maybe 200 Tunisians. They were all only after what I could do for them, provide for them, or after a visa! It truly shocked me!

tipme

Spot on! Why would anybody on this planet want to ever go to Tunisia, where the people only use, abuse, con, and steal from naive innocent sweet tourists? What a fucking scummy country! I’ve tried to find innocent good people there, but in my years of searching, I have truthfully found ZERO!!! I’m sorry if somebody reading here is offended, but I’m telling the truth! I’ve met maybe 200 Tunisians. They were all only after what I could do for them, provide for them, or after a visa! It truly shocked me!
Same for me.when your there you give the kids buy them give the girls clothes make up and you get no thanks they always want more

tipme

That's like us taking down memorials in our country it wouldn't be done. They fought for our country our granddads and great grandfather's. These poor people didn't fight they were innocent enjoying your country on holiday. One woman lost her whole family. AND THEY TOOK IT DOWN COS ITS BAD FOR BUSINESS THEY SHOULD HOLD THERE HEAD DOWN INSHAME. THIS IS HOW STUPID IT WILL BE BAD FOR BUSINESS COS BRITAIN WILL MOT SEND NO MONEY ARE GOVERNMENT FLEW OVER THERE TOO SHOW RESPECT AND IF THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT IN TUNIS AGREED THIS THEN THEY SHOULD PUT THERE HEAD IN SHAME. 38BRITISH PEOPLE LOST THERE LIVES THAT DAY

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
As ever in Tunisia, greed and money take priority :Evil:
What sort of sick freaks prioritise money over the memory of those slaughtered in cold blood on their land?
The lack of morals and the greed in that country disgust me :Evil:
When I was in Bardo, the shrine was hidden around by the reception desk area....I stumbled upon it by accident, and was moved on pretty fast when I cried at it. It was a pitiful display in the memory of those murdered.
I believe it's been moved now and made more of a feature, but I guess like in Sousse....it will be hidden again for greed :Evil:

tipme

As ever in Tunisia, greed and money take priority :Evil:
What sort of sick freaks prioritise money over the memory of those slaughtered in cold blood on their land?
The lack of morals and the greed in that country disgust me :Evil:
When I was in Bardo, the shrine was hidden around by the reception desk area....I stumbled upon it by accident, and was moved on pretty fast when I cried at it. It was a pitiful display in the memory of those murdered.
I believe it's been moved now and made more of a feature, but I guess like in Sousse....it will be hidden again for greed :Evil:

tipme

That's what is was slaughtered in cold blood. When it get the headlines all round the world bad for business ha will be bad for business no respect for tourists at all and there wanting them back no shame

akhenaten

let me tell you something, i'm tunisian born myself. why dont i go there anymore? only for emergencies? because of what you said and you are 100% true.
99.99% of them are scammers, at the airport, custom borders try to fool you by making you pay borders fees, you take a taxi and he charges you 20 times the price, you buy something and its scam, you talk to someone and he try to rub you etc..

this this one of the reasons when people talk to me, they tend to be cautious because of what they've seen in the scummy country, and i understand them 100%

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
I really like that these cops are so professional....one of them is on his phone.....probably love bombing a foreigner :rolleyes:

Tunisian Interior Ministry Searches for 4 Terrorists

Thursday, 30 May, 2019 - 09:15

Police officers in downtown Tunis. Reuters
Tunis - Mongi Saidani

Counter-terrorism forces in Tunisia are searching for three Tunisian and one Algerian terrorists.

The Tunisian Ministry of Interior released information and photos of the wanted. They are Osama al-Khazri, 27, from Jendouba (north-west of Tunisia), Ashraf al-Qizani, 28, from Al-Kaf, Algerian Amin Mahkuka, and Khalil al-Mansouri, 28, originally from Kasserine (in the center of western Tunisia).

Tunisian security sources affirmed that the militants belong to Uqba ibn Nafi battalion, affiliated with al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, saying they had participated in terrorist attacks, in addition plotting to rob a bank in Kasserine.

The sources added that Tunisian terrorist Raed Touati, who was arrested early May by counter-terrorism forces, revealed to investigators that the four terrorists were plotting attacks on security forces, the army, and vital state facilities.

Tunisian security reports noted that up to 300 militants are believed to be hiding in the western mountains of the country. They are supported by an estimated 300-400 sleeper cells.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1746351/tunisian-interior-ministry-searches-4-terrorists

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Out of sight, out of mind, eh........disgusting, greedy bastards :Evil:
What sickening attitudes.....it's always about freakin money :Evil:

"The unnamed manager of the hotel is reported to have said: “It has not been removed completely. It does exist in the hotel but it’s not in a place where everyone can see it. If someone asks about it, we can show them.”

While a senior worker at the hotel added: “We don’t want to remind new guests something bad happened. If they know, maybe they will leave.”

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/sandwell/wednesbury/2019/05/30/removal-of-tunisia-memorial-disrespectful-says-suzy-evans/

minnie

I really like that these cops are so professional....one of them is on his phone.....probably love bombing a foreigner :rolleyes:

Tunisian Interior Ministry Searches for 4 Terrorists

Thursday, 30 May, 2019 - 09:15

Police officers in downtown Tunis. Reuters
Tunis - Mongi Saidani

Counter-terrorism forces in Tunisia are searching for three Tunisian and one Algerian terrorists.

The Tunisian Ministry of Interior released information and photos of the wanted. They are Osama al-Khazri, 27, from Jendouba (north-west of Tunisia), Ashraf al-Qizani, 28, from Al-Kaf, Algerian Amin Mahkuka, and Khalil al-Mansouri, 28, originally from Kasserine (in the center of western Tunisia).

Tunisian security sources affirmed that the militants belong to Uqba ibn Nafi battalion, affiliated with al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, saying they had participated in terrorist attacks, in addition plotting to rob a bank in Kasserine.

The sources added that Tunisian terrorist Raed Touati, who was arrested early May by counter-terrorism forces, revealed to investigators that the four terrorists were plotting attacks on security forces, the army, and vital state facilities.

Tunisian security reports noted that up to 300 militants are believed to be hiding in the western mountains of the country. They are supported by an estimated 300-400 sleeper cells.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1746351/tunisian-interior-ministry-searches-4-terrorists
Go figure the kjb area

Top Bottom