Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Judithlyn

let me tell you something, i'm tunisian born myself. why dont i go there anymore? only for emergencies? because of what you said and you are 100% true.
99.99% of them are scammers, at the airport, custom borders try to fool you by making you pay borders fees, you take a taxi and he charges you 20 times the price, you buy something and its scam, you talk to someone and he try to rub you etc..

this this one of the reasons when people talk to me, they tend to be cautious because of what they've seen in the scummy country, and i understand them 100%
Thank you for your words. I truly feel bad for the good people of Tunisia. It’s really sad that a lying, cheating bunch of con artists are ruining the country for everybody!

Mango Chutney

Keeping us up to date:

Tunisia extends state of emergency by one month
Declared in November 2015 after attack

03 JUNE, 17:17

(ANSAmed) - TUNIS, JUNE 3 - Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi has extended the national state of emergency by one month, starting June 5, said the president's office in a statement.

Essebsi made the decision following a consultation with Tunisian Prime Minister Youssef Chahed and Parliament Speaker Mohamed Ennaceur.

The meeting was also a chance to examine the national security situation, as well as regional and international developments and their impact on interior security.

Essebsi initially declared the national state of emergency following the terrorist attack on November 24, 2015 on buses transporting the presidential guard in the centre of Tunis, and it has been continually extended since that time.(ANSAmed).

http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2019/06/03/tunisia-extends-state-of-emergency-by-one-month_424fb604-21e5-4b0e-92e4-3cc3478291b5.html

Judithlyn

Keeping us up to date:

Tunisia extends state of emergency by one month
Declared in November 2015 after attack

03 JUNE, 17:17

(ANSAmed) - TUNIS, JUNE 3 - Tunisian President Beji Caid Essebsi has extended the national state of emergency by one month, starting June 5, said the president's office in a statement.

Essebsi made the decision following a consultation with Tunisian Prime Minister Youssef Chahed and Parliament Speaker Mohamed Ennaceur.

The meeting was also a chance to examine the national security situation, as well as regional and international developments and their impact on interior security.

Essebsi initially declared the national state of emergency following the terrorist attack on November 24, 2015 on buses transporting the presidential guard in the centre of Tunis, and it has been continually extended since that time.(ANSAmed).

http://www.ansamed.info/ansamed/en/news/sections/generalnews/2019/06/03/tunisia-extends-state-of-emergency-by-one-month_424fb604-21e5-4b0e-92e4-3cc3478291b5.html
I just felt by stomach knot up reading this. I was standing in the exact spot where he blew up that bus....only 2 days earlier...Nov. 22, 2015! :Cry:I left out of the Tunis Airport on Nov. 23. On Nov. 24, all airports were closed, 8PM curfew. I would have been stuck for maybe one week! Scary! :(

Mango Chutney

Travel warning. This applies to other countries too, as can be seen in the link, but here, Tunisia is the focus:

"Holidaymakers to some of the most popular destinations for UK travellers have been issued with advice and warnings by the Foreign Office."

"Tunisia
Another one with bags of history and great weather, Tunisia also has some areas you should avoid.

• No go areas
  • Terrorism
A state of emergency is in effect in Tunisia, imposed after a suicide attack on a police bus on 24 November 2015. It’s been extended a number of times, most recently on 6 April 2019 by one month."

"Since the terrorist attack in Sousse in June 2015, which targeted tourists, the UK government has been working closely with the Tunisian authorities to investigate the attack and the wider threat from terrorist groups. The Tunisian government has improved protective security in major cities and tourist resorts.

• Homosexuality
A 99% Islamic country, homosexuality is a criminal offence in Tunisia. You can see specific advice from FCO here ."

The travel warning has been issued again since April 6th, and is still in place now.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/travel-warnings-people-going-spain-2959991

Top Bottom