Welcome to TLR

Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
My husband and I are us citizen, so I feel comfortable keeping things in American bank. It’s necessary because we have a business in USA, so we use this account often to have automated payments . The only thing that bothers me is everything we make here in Tunisia we still need pay taxes to USA, can’t have your cake and eat it too….
Wow wow I can’t understand why you have to pay pay taxes in the USA....
it sounds complicated.
There’s a link somewhere , maybe is bcz you are dealing with an American bank.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
If you hold citizenship and work anywhere outside of the country you have to claim that income for the tax year. They want to every penny, God forbid someone come out ahead…

Do American Citizens Living Abroad Have to Pay Taxes?​

Yes, if you are an American living abroad as a US citizen, you must file a US federal tax return and pay US taxes no matter where you live at that time. In other words, you are subject to the same rules regarding income taxation as people living stateside.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
If you hold citizenship and work anywhere outside of the country you have to claim that income for the tax year. They want to every penny, God forbid someone come out ahead…
Ok I understand now, you’re American citizens, I didn’t know you have to pay taxes if you live in another country.
Sorry still doesn’t sound right to me but try to find out a bit more about it because you’re in Tunisia now not in America.
My cousin lived And worked in America and now both her and husband are retired so they live in Spain where they receive American pensions.
Maybe when you both retire you can receive American pension because you’re now paying taxes to the American government.
Think about it and start getting information if you can .

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Ok I understand now, you’re American citizens, I didn’t know you have to pay taxes if you live in another country.
Sorry still doesn’t sound right to me but try to find out a bit more about it because you’re in Tunisia now not in America.
My cousin lived And worked in America and now both her and husband are retired so they live in Spain where they receive American pensions.
Maybe when you both retire you can receive American pension because you’re now paying taxes to the American government.
Think about it and start getting information if you can .
We absolutely can take social security once we reach the age. We also both dual citizens

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Last night when I went out on balcony and all I heard was car horns and screaming, so went downstairs and watched the excitement for about 2 hours. Really there is information coming from all sides, just waiting to see how it all goes down. There are the majority siding with president and some on the side Ennahda party. I know parliament’s gates were locked last night when the speaker tried to enter, he said president don’t follow constitution

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Last night when I went out on balcony and all I heard was car horns and screaming, so went downstairs and watched the excitement for about 2 hours. Really there is information coming from all sides, just waiting to see how it all goes down. There are the majority siding with president and some on the side Ennahda party. I know parliament’s gates were locked last night when the speaker tried to enter, he said president don’t follow constitution
Some journalists are being told to leave, I watch Aljazzera news in English and they were told to leave Tunisia.
They bring news as it happens also social media is being affected.
The security forces stormed the offices of aljazeera and told them to leave.
The government doesn’t want something to be reported.

I'm not a believer

Major Ratslayer
Tunisian flag sets world record
(0) |
|
|

Tunisian-flag-sets-world-record.jpg

Published: July 25, 2012 at 11:19 AM

TUNIS, Tunisia, July 25 (UPI) -- A Tunisian businessman said the country's Republic Day features the unveiling of the world's largest flag.
Hamdi Abid, owner of a popular clothing chain, said the desecration of a Tunisian flag March 7 at Manouba University inspired him to mastermind the plan for a flag measuring nearly 78,000 square yards to be unveiled during Wednesday's holiday, which marks the abolition of the country's monarchy, Tunisia Live reported Wednesday.
Abid said the 77,739-square-yard flag breaks the Guinness World Record of 71,759 square yards set in Morocco.
"We want the flag to tour all Tunisian governorates so that each Tunisian can see it or take a picture with it. It is a kind of present to all Tunisians, which I hope they will like," Abid said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2012/07/25/Tunisian-flag-sets-world-record/UPI-30631343229574/#ixzz21lwZI6hd
The country is in a mess, suffering financial ruin . An emergency has been declared over COVID. I would have thought that there were more serious priorities and issues to address other than a gigantic flag? ( Not forgetting rat infestation)

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I wonder what happened to the Russians, Polish and other Eastern European tourists? Who went to enjoy Tunisia no matter the virus....

Are they stuck in Tunisia?

I’m so relived that Britain didn’t allowed their people to go to Tunisia for holidays, it’s definitely on the very RED LIST... pfffff
I don’t know tbh, I’ve heard talks of shutting down airport today

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
You know when they kick out the journalists something bad is brewing in Tunisia

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Ladies if I catch word from anyone here on what’s happening I’ll sure let you know. My husband is not wanting to watch Al Jazeera because he says they are siding with ennahda party….
Aisha1 they’re just reporting what’s happening, I’m watching now in England and they’re continuing to report regarding what’s happening there.
As usual mis information is prevalent at this time.
They have confiscated the aljazeera staff phones and they left without their personal things.
Apparently security ppl without uniforms told them to leave but staff still reporting.
I don’t think the Aljazzera office in Doha will be very happy lol.
Media without borders is watching this move very carefully, is an infringement of independent news.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
During the curfew, people and vehicles are forbidden from circulating except in urgent cases and the sick, or those who work at night.
The movement of people and vehicles is similarly banned between towns, outside of curfew hours.

Any gathering of three people or more will be prohibited in public places.

Source: https://news-tunisia.tunisienumerique.com

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
During the curfew, people and vehicles are forbidden from circulating except in urgent cases and the sick, or those who work at night.
The movement of people and vehicles is similarly banned between towns, outside of curfew hours.

Any gathering of three people or more will be prohibited in public places.

Source: https://news-tunisia.tunisienumerique.com
Yea this has been like this for months.. nothing new. It was 8pm, now 7pm