Welcome to TLR

Tunisian News & Current Affairs

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
During the curfew, people and vehicles are forbidden from circulating except in urgent cases and the sick, or those who work at night.
The movement of people and vehicles is similarly banned between towns, outside of curfew hours.

Any gathering of three people or more will be prohibited in public places.

Source: https://news-tunisia.tunisienumerique.com
Do they actually obey the curfew?
People are restless, they’re agitated and anxious, also many are sick because of this virus.
It’s a human explosion that we’re seeing, nowhere to run nor hide.

This little country HAD ENOUGH!!
Let’s hope that all the mosques start praying as loud as they can , the sound of prayer is very comforting as I found out every time I visited Tunisia, it’s the only thing that can calm people’s anxiety even if it is for a while!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Last night when I went out on balcony and all I heard was car horns and screaming, so went downstairs and watched the excitement for about 2 hours. Really there is information coming from all sides, just waiting to see how it all goes down. There are the majority siding with president and some on the side Ennahda party. I know parliament’s gates were locked last night when the speaker tried to enter, he said president don’t follow constitution
I thought I told you that you were grounded :p

MH x

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
In cases like this is better to stay indoors, who knows maybe a madman with a gun out there starts shooting and as you know ... straight bullets do exits “.

Your home is your fortress.
Even looking thru the windows or balconies still not a sensible thing to do.
Am I I being dramatic? Nope I’m being sensible.

When I was Djerba in 2017 a military helicopter came flying so low that it shook the hotel!
The hoo ha was bcz it was carrying the President to a meeting.
So I run downstairs where the staff were in the basement.
Libya is very near to djerba as we know.
I won’t take any chances when is military, protesters, bombing relate! Specially if I’m visiting an Arab country, Asian or South America!

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
I hope better times will come for the honest, hard working people in Tunisia and become completely democratic.
It seems to be heading that way.
Islamic way in the wrong way to look at the future.
Young people with jobs and a better way of life in their country without having the need to emigrate.
106CF137-E49A-4D1F-85E6-9F707FBCE685.jpeg

MH007

Administrator
Staff member

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
situation at the beach of Sidi Mansour.
A judicial officer came to note the infringements committed by a contractor who stores the waste at the entrance of the port instead of transporting it to the landfill, she explained.

The latter hides waste under dredged products, causing an unbearable smell and dirty water, without the public authorities lifting a finger, she said.

The activist added that she had been the victim of harassment and threats following the complaints she had made in this regard.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Police officers from several brigades, the anti-terrorism brigade, managed to locate and identify a terrorist cell, under isis, which planned to target a security institution in the Sousse region with explosive devices.

The case began when law enforcement spotted a young man, unknown to the security services, who after the assault on his home, turned out to have recently pledged allegiance to the ISIS Emir, and who had been recruited by the terrorist organization to carry out bombings in Tunisia.

It was, in fact, a whole terrorist cell made up of young individuals, recently recruited by ISIS, and trained in the manufacture and handling of explosives.

The individual in question has been arrested and the other members of the cell are being actively sought.
Source: https://www.tunisienumerique.com/tu...iste-qui-ciblait-une-institution-securitaire/

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Ladies our curfew went to midnight…. Pretty soon it will be gone. Went yesterday to Monastir and it was thick with tourist, very packed restaurants, streets and beaches.
View attachment 69431
Aisha1 Tunisia will never be the same again... the government has 30 days to sort out their issues and time is running out.

The world will never be the same again! That’s a fact!

Those tourists in Tunisia are living in la la land.... but sometimes we need to show some compassion for people who still intend to have a “good” time because they’re forgetting the misery and suffering that’s surrounding them kind of “turning a blind eye”.

I won’t participate in so called “holidays “ bcz I will feel guilty knowing what’s going on right now.

We’re humans and we’re connected... what’s wrong with those people?
Selfishness at its Best :(

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Rached Ghannouchi, (Ennahdha Party) warned that in the event of instability in Tunisia that a half million illegal immigrants will tread Italian soil, this is low-level black mail quotes -leconomistemaghrebin-com Aug. 3, 2021

Tunisian President Kais Saied warns of a repeat of the massive influx of migrants to Europe seen a decade ago - Aug 6, 2021

Last edited:

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
In Tunis, the temperature will reach 47° in the shade tomorrow, explained the presenter, surpassing the record recorded in 1982.

The temperature will also be around 47° in coastal areas and 48° in Nabeul and Kairouan.

The figures can exceed 55 degrees in the sun in some regions especially in the south of the country, he added.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
In Tunis, the temperature will reach 47° in the shade tomorrow, explained the presenter, surpassing the record recorded in 1982.

The temperature will also be around 47° in coastal areas and 48° in Nabeul and Kairouan.

The figures can exceed 55 degrees in the sun in some regions especially in the south of the country, he added.
Wow I hope our members that live in Tunisia are keeping safe and able to keep cool <3

MH x

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Tunisian customs announced that it had arrested a magistrate in possession of a sum of money in foreign currency equivalent to 1 and a half billion Tunisian millimees.

The magistrate was apprehended on the A1 motorway, between Msaken and El Jem, in an ambush by the customs guard.

The magistrate confessed to transporting the money on behalf of a gang, to pass it on to a person in a town in southern Tunisia.
That is Canadian currency

MH007

Administrator
Staff member

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Tunisian customs announced that it had arrested a magistrate in possession of a sum of money in foreign currency equivalent to 1 and a half billion Tunisian millimees.

The magistrate was apprehended on the A1 motorway, between Msaken and El Jem, in an ambush by the customs guard.

The magistrate confessed to transporting the money on behalf of a gang, to pass it on to a person in a town in southern Tunisia.
That is Canadian currency
15E8D476-D8CC-45AC-A39B-C5C0A4A46EC4.jpeg
Saw this earlier, Arabic says like “ please clean our country of the game of smuggling , by the people who are supposed to be trusted, betrayal… Kasserine”