Unsure

concerned729

Hi, I am new to the site as a friend pointed this out to me but I would like to have some opinions on my story.

I met a Tunisian man around a year and a half ago while on holiday, he was working animation in a hotel but we hit it off and he always gave me more attention then my friends. I am slightly older than him but not much, which gave me doubts at first.

I have been back to see him 5 times over the last year and a half and he had talked about marrying me and living with him in Tunisia, he wanted me to convert to Muslim and be with him out there.

He rarely asks me for money but he has been ill once and could not afford the treatment so I helped his family gather the money together. That’s all he has ever asked for and nothing since.

He has messaged me constantly for the past year and a half and his cousin has also messaged me as she works with him in the hotel. Lately he has been ignoring me for hours after he finished work and then telling me he’s been the coffee shop but normally he would message me while there.

I am due to go back out in September, just looking for some advice.

Laura2014

Staff member
[email protected], thank you for posting.

So you met him quite a while ago and have been back to see him five times. That must be costing you a bit. I’m guessing you pay for those trips? Does he pay for anything? Accommodation, travel/ taxi or meals out?

What kind of illnesses did his family have which you contributed to? They do have free healthcare there?

Why have you suddenly developed doubts?

Perhaps you could message me, @Laura2014, @Heidi or @mangochutney with some details about him so we can check?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I am new to the site as a friend pointed this out to me but I would like to have some opinions on my story.

I met a Tunisian man around a year and a half ago while on holiday, he was working animation in a hotel but we hit it off and he always gave me more attention then my friends. I am slightly older than him but not much, which gave me doubts at first.

I have been back to see him 5 times over the last year and a half and he had talked about marrying me and living with him in Tunisia, he wanted me to convert to Muslim and be with him out there.

He rarely asks me for money but he has been ill once and could not afford the treatment so I helped his family gather the money together. That’s all he has ever asked for and nothing since.

He has messaged me constantly for the past year and a half and his cousin has also messaged me as she works with him in the hotel. Lately he has been ignoring me for hours after he finished work and then telling me he’s been the coffee shop but normally he would message me while there.

Hi @concerned729

Welcome to TLR

Animation staff can be the worst - they have new guests every week to work on. The fact he now goes quiet at night leads me to think he either has a new gf there so needing to spend time with her or he's busy messaging new gf.

Only you can decide but if it were me (now I have more insight) I would cut all ties but me way back would make all the excuses for him.

I wish I had listened more but I didn't - I kept thinking what if he's different, what if he's the 1% that is genuine and it's natural to feel like that. They give you sweet words and make you feel special and like a queen.

It isn't real - it's scripted but you know what, even if you do believe him we won't judge you at all - this is your decision but we are here if/when he breaks your heart.

Keep reading posts, learn the signs but look after you, your heart, your health and Don't and I mean DON'T keep paying. If he is a decent man he will not accept your money.

MH x

He works so he is entitled to free healthcare so why did you need to pay ?
Never mind the state hospitals are shit so they need to go private , if he's sick he will go anywhere and we do not go private here so no need at all .
Has he made the necessary arrangements for you to live in Tunisia? Bought a house or built one with his own money or are you expected to pay ?
If you live there will he still work animation ? He will need a good job to keep you in a life you are used to .
Obviously he seems distracted right now so that should be a huge indicator all is not what it seems

tipme

Junior Rat Expert

for one they have hospital there like are nhs which are free and the prescriptions are cheap.and if he said he went private rubbish.also all family pull together rather than ask you.are did you offer .like we all have done.hes playing games now to see your hooked then he will come back with some one died r excuse for money.unless someone else is over sorry.but thats the way they play.your money probably paid for someone else so the other ladies think hes great has not asked for money so it goes on and on x

tipme

Junior Rat Expert
Hi @concerned729

Welcome to TLR

Animation staff can be the worst - they have new guests every week to work on. The fact he now goes quiet at night leads me to think he either has a new gf there so needing to spend time with her or he's busy messaging new gf.

Only you can decide but if it were me (now I have more insight) I would cut all ties but me way back would make all the excuses for him.

I wish I had listened more but I didn't - I kept thinking what if he's different, what if he's the 1% that is genuine and it's natural to feel like that. They give you sweet words and make you feel special and like a queen.

It isn't real - it's scripted but you know what, even if you do believe him we won't judge you at all - this is your decision but we are here if/when he breaks your heart.

Keep reading posts, learn the signs but look after you, your heart, your health and Don't and I mean DON'T keep paying. If he is a decent man he will not accept your money.

MH x
we all didnt listen.we will be all bitches jealous.dont say u no this form just take a good read

Epiphany

Junior Rat Expert
Hi concerned729, I hate to say it but the two biggest red flags are the coffee shop and working at a hotel (particularly in animation). If you read around here a little you will start to recognize a pattern with these guys. I would advise you to learn about the culture as never under any circumstances are they ever to accept money from a woman. If he is in any need of anything his family, friends, or neighbours would step in to help him. Or as mentioned there is free healthcare available.
You have doubts about him, as you should. You came to the right place.

Croydon girl

for one they have hospital there like are nhs which are free and the prescriptions are cheap.and if he said he went private rubbish.also all family pull together rather than ask you.are did you offer .like we all have done.hes playing games now to see your hooked then he will come back with some one died r excuse for money.unless someone else is over sorry.but thats the way they play.your money probably paid for someone else so the other ladies think hes great has not asked for money so it goes on and on x
[/QUOTE
Hi concerned729, I hate to say it but the two biggest red flags are the coffee shop and working at a hotel (particularly in animation). If you read around here a little you will start to recognize a pattern with these guys. I would advise you to learn about the culture as never under any circumstances are they ever to accept money from a woman. If he is in any need of anything his family, friends, or neighbours would step in to help him. Or as mentioned there is free healthcare available.
Yes you are right! Tunisian must never ever accept any money from a
Yes you are right! Tunisian men must never ever ask or accept money from a woman!

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
Hello and welcome!
I think he was testing waters by asking financial help for medical issues, his family now knows how to contact you and how to get some cash from you. Possibilities are endless now, he could ghost and they ask for help to get him out of jail, to avoid military service, to get a surgery... :| we have seen this before. Just by culture if he was an honest man he would never ask for financial help under any circumstance. They go first with family then friends then neighbors. Never to a woman. His family is backing him up.

concerned729

Hello and welcome!
I think he was testing waters by asking financial help for medical issues, his family now knows how to contact you and how to get some cash from you. Possibilities are endless now, he could ghost and they ask for help to get him out of jail, to avoid military service, to get a surgery... :| we have seen this before. Just by culture if he was an honest man he would never ask for financial help under any circumstance. They go first with family then friends then neighbors. Never to a woman. His family is backing him up.
A friend of mine has also met someone and she gave her fella money as he was in a fight in the coffee shop and he was going to prison if he couldn’t pay to get out of it. She ended up paying him £400 as she wanted to see him again

Laura2014

Staff member
@concerned729 is there something so very special about this guy that you would use your hard earned money to go and see him five times. If you have been reading here then you know by now that he is in all probability a rat. He has had five nice vacations at your expense. I somehow doubt that he dug deep into his pockets to pay for your entertainment, food and taxi’s. Did you take him gifts each visit? You have a long hard road ahead of you of doubt and suspicion. The holiday season is well underway and he’s already going absent. New girls and new opportunities arrive each week. He will keep you hanging on though as you have already proved you are a sure bet and you also sent him money. He has absolutely nothing to lose, you on the other hand.... well you have read here. You know how the story ends. I’d love to say your guy is the 1% but the odds are stacked very high against you.

Have you searched for him here? Have you made a note of the European women who like his posts?

Any new friends? You may also be blocked from seeing lots of his Facebook or insta posts but there are ways to find out.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
Would like to mention it is not a good idea to invest in Tunisia due to closed currency. Real estate would mean a total loss, just in case he suggests (like mine) to live in Tunisia for two years in a home that I was expected to buy. Or other popular suggestion by rats is to buy a small coffee shop or small commerce.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
A friend of mine has also met someone and she gave her fella money as he was in a fight in the coffee shop and he was going to prison if he couldn’t pay to get out of it. She ended up paying him £400 as she wanted to see him again
My rat told me the exact same story :(

MH x

Laura2014

Staff member
Would like to mention it is not a good idea to invest in Tunisia due to closed currency. Real estate would mean a total loss, just in case he suggests (like mine) to live in Tunisia for two years in a home that I was expected to buy. Or other popular suggestion by rats is to buy a small coffee shop or small commerce.
Or even a not so small coffee shop; “just around £200,000 my love, I can make a good bezness for us”. Yeah.... dream on sweetie..

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
:eek: £400 for what? That's like 1,500 dinar !!!
A lawyer would have cost him like 200 dinar and it's doubtful they would even have sent him to Jail or even court unless someone was very seriously hurt.
And if someone was seriously hurt he wouldn't be able to bribe his way out, the family of the victim would see to that.

Really, it's unbelievable the shit these arseholes come up with.

And that's supposing there really was a fight in a coffee shop, highly unlikely. Coffee shops are the place they go to get tips about how to con money out of tourists.

Out of curiosity how much did you send for medical bills and do you know what it was for?

Last edited:

yougogirl75

Junior Rat Expert
Or even a not so small coffee shop; “just around £200,000 my love, I can make a good bezness for us”. Yeah.... dream on sweetie..
Or please go 50/50 in the house with me, no friggin way that's ever going to work.
I think the rats also compare as well, and chat about how stupid this one or that one is blah blah blah. Things that should be private , is already out there so when you get a look from the rat parents or rat's family you already know it. It is so twisted

Top Bottom