Urgent translation needed before wedding in 4 days

S

SarahJaney

Hi all, am getting married in 4 days and I need an urgent translation to make sure I am not making the biggest mistake of my life!! I have found messages between my soon to be husband with a Tunisian girl. I under stand some words in the conversation like hobi, habibi, rouhi, nehebek but I need to know what the full conversation is. It's quite a long conversation so would like someone to be able to translate this to me in a private message.
Please help.
Thank you

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know any Arabic but I do know that Habibi means my beloved, Hobi is my love!

xxxxxxxx

jayne thomas

if you give me the full message,i will ask a good friend of mine who is tunisian who will gladly help you x

S

SarahJaney

Hi Jayne, can you pm me please so I can reply, I can't seem to do it :)
Thank you

S

SarahJaney

I have trusted him for the past 2 years and he has gave me no reason not to trust him until now, when I found this message to this Tunisian girl.

Di0ne

I found it in his Skype!
MH007 - why do you feel sad?
Probably because she thinks you may find out something that you don't want to. I would advise you to translate it, there is little anyone can say here that will change your mind if you have trusted him for two years and maybe it is innocent- you will only be sure when you get it translated- I dunno though, I hope it is ok for you xx

LittleMissSunshine

What a thing to come across. The only plus is that is there is anything untoward about it, much as it will hurt you can stop the wedding. It is sad - when you've trusted someone for so long and then find things like that x

S

SarahJaney

I hope I am wrong too, but the conversation is very long and the Tunisian girl calls him habibi and hobi quite a bit. I know in Tunisia they all call each other habibi even the men to other men. But I need to know if they speak about me and what the intentions are. I think they went to school together, but im not positive.
I really wish there was someone on here who call help with the translation today :-(

S

SarahJaney

Yes it is true, I really need to find out before I marry him, even though I have trusted him this long, I am ready if it turns out to be bad. I would rather find out now than after the wedding.
Can anyone recommend someone on here that can translate it in a hurry?

Di0ne

Cant you use Google translate or is it in the shorthand with the numbers in it?

Di0ne

One or two of the people here speak Tunisian I think if you just wait around they may be on later

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Laurence or Tactful can but they are probably at work or busy, I am sure they will translate for you just as soon as they can. In the meantime, I am not so sure that Tunisian men calling other men habibi and hobi is normal, unless they are taking the piss, sorry to be so blunt.

Take care hunni xxxxxxxx

S

SarahJaney

No they don't call them hobi, lol, but they very often call them habibi. I have seen it many times in lots of different parts of Tunisia.

Di0ne

Oh Sarah Janey this really doesn't sound good at all...I hope that you will be ok - if you understand those words, beloved, I love you would it not be a good idea to confront him? You say they went to school together, do you think that they speak to each other like that as friends? I really hope that you will be ok- have you checked in the gallery or searched for his name on this site to see if he is mentioned. Have a read through the threads and see if anything seems off- I really wish you well and send you love and positive thoughts whatever happens xxx

A

Ariel

No they don't call them hobi, lol, but they very often call them habibi. I have seen it many times in lots of different parts of Tunisia.
Men don't call each other habibi - it means 'my love/darling' directed to a man, 'habibti' to a female

S

SarahJaney

Yes rouhi means my soul

But habibi is very often used between men in Tunisia, I have just googled it for you. It say:

In our spoken language this word is overused that 2 males also can say it to each other during conversation which doesn't really mean lovers or love.
Sometimes in spoken Arabic it's rude to say it like when a younger call an older with "Habibi" but it's not your case as it's E-mail.

Top Bottom