USA ban on Muslims entering USA

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Laura2014, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Donald Trump has signed an imediate, albeit temporary, ban on many Muslims entering the USA from seven countries. Personally I am totally against this arbitrary ban, all the evidence is that the risk from Terrorism from Muslims entering the USA from abroad is very low, but interestingly Tunisia is not on the list of banned countries. But in Europe the majority of terrorist attacks have originated from Tunisian nationals who have joined terrorist groups or worked alone. So I don't understand the rationale for Tunisia's exclusion when other countries have been unfairly targeted. The USA apparently has very lucrative oil exports with Tunisia......

ijs likes this.
  2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

The Daily Show - Welcome to President Trump's Reality 34.gif

at 4:08 minutes

ijs and Laura2014 like this.
  3. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Protests Break Out At JFK Airport After 12 Refugees Were Detained; 1 Released So Far - Fox Report

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.png :oops:

4. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

To be truth the only natives of USA are Indians, so all others are imigrants:). But I understand his position:D

5. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Bless your heart, dear. he needs all the friends he can get :)

ijs, gothgirl, Liona and 1 other person like this.
  6. RatBitten

RatBitten Active Member

I wasn't aware the U.S. had oil deals with Tunisia. To be honest, 9 out of 10 Americans wouldn't be able to tell you where it is in the world!
    There have been massive protests that on ongoing even as I type this, I'm happy that a lot of Americans are compassionate and liberal. And while I certainly don't support the ban, there's at least ONE person I'd like to ban from ever entering my country

ijs likes this.
  7. R.I.P

R.I.P Member

Why you want tunisia to be targed huh?? you're sick

8. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Tunisian terrorists have been responsible for, or had connections with, many of the terror attacks on innocent people in Europe. Trump is trying to combat terrorism, not Muslims per se....it makes logical sense to clamp down on Tunisia too, as they have provided ISIS with more foreign fighters than any other country....this is a fact and is indisputable!! I'm hoping Trump focuses on scam marriage next, we are getting far too many new victims from America on this site. You do so like to present yourself as a victim of circumstances, don't you?!! :rolleyes:

Alhejand, ijs, DarkTown and 1 other person like this.
  9. R.I.P

R.I.P Member

We shouldn't* pay for what they did!!!! , we don't them back in tunisia , let them stay in syria ,iraq and libya

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    ijs likes this.
  10. R.I.P

R.I.P Member

stop being a dick and hypocritical , why you are silent over Quebec mosque shooting ,why you are silent over the tunisian man who died praying in the mosque? why you are silent over the canadian terrorist who was responisble for the attack!!! ops i forgot he's white ,trump supporter and not muslim...

ijs likes this.
  11. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

dream on.... :rolleyes:

Reuters, Tunis Friday, 30 December 2016

Returning Tunisian militants will be immediately arrested and judged under anti-terrorism laws, the prime minister said, seeking to calm fears over the homecoming of some of the country’s several thousand foreign fighters.

“Those who come back will be arrested immediately after their arrival on Tunisian soil and will be judged under the anti-terrorism law,” Chahed told state TV late on Thursday.Politicians from the Islamist party Ennahda, part of the governing coalition, have said Tunisia is still responsible for returning militants and that the government cannot prevent them from coming back.He also said authorities had comprehensive records on militants who had left the country. “We have all the details on them, we know them one by one, and we have taken all the necessary measures,” he said.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...ays-returning-militants-will-be-arrested.html

12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

He´ll get punished by the law

The man accused of being the gunman, Alexandre Bissonnette, was charged with six counts of murder on Monday.
    The nation quickly rallied after the attack. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called it an act of terrorism, and there was a collective outpouring of remorse and empathy.

ijs and Laura2014 like this.
  13. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

Our media say one executor was arab...

14. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Authorities in Canada have charged Alexandre Bissonnette, a French-Canadian university student known for his far-right views, over a shooting rampage on a Quebec City mosque that killed six people. Authorities, who initially named two suspects, said the other man taken into custody was a witness to the attack and was released later on Monday.

ijs and Liona like this.
  15. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Back to the main issue

Fascist Trump Doesn't Care What The Courts Say

16. Mango Chutney

Now then, oh second favourite sewer rat, I'm going to give you a reply that may challenge your intelligence a little :thumbsup:
    First of all, I will stress, I am not a fan of Trump, he demonstrates some bizarre behaviours that border on narcissism. However, before he was voted in, he made his intentions clear...he is now seeing through with his promises. Whether or not I agree with his views is completely irrelevant, however, I have to have a bit of respect that he made his promises...and is sticking by his words...unlike a Tunisian love rat, eh :thumbsup:

With regards to Trump's stance on terrorism, I support it, I support it as a mother of four that worries about her childrens futures. As far as I'm concerned, every terrorist he identifies and deals with, is one less threat to my boys, though I do not support his stance on waterboarding and the like. Terrorism needs wiping out and should be at the top of the agenda for the leaders of all countries.

I do not agree with Trump's blanket ban on all Muslims, I firmly believe that it is morally wrong to persecute an entire race or religion, based on the behaviours of a few, hence my not blaming all Tunisian men for the behaviour of rats. That said, I can kind of understand his theory. See, Trump needs to deal with the shit he already has on his doorstep, this illegal shit has come from many countries, he needs to identify these people and remove any that are deemed a threat to his countries people, he has a moral duty to safeguard the countrymen he is responsible for. Now by letting more unknown individuals in before he has vetted what is already there, he would be doubling his work load. I believe the ban is just one hundred and twenty days, in this time, he can clear out the crap and then open the door to genuine, decent people that are of a benefit to America and appreciate the opportunity and sanctity they've been given. Were the ban permanent, my view point would differ drastically.

It's like when you decorate a room, you remove all the furniture, permanently remove any items you do not wish to keep, before bringing your best furniture back in and perhaps, replace a few pieces with better. You have to remove the old, make it all clean and fresh, before welcoming the new.

I am completely opposed to Trump's stance on women. Women are strong, educated and as worthy of any job role etc as a man. I hope my feelings are clear, I am anti terrorism, not anti Muslim. Those Canadian mosque bombers will be punished as deemed appropriate by the Canadian law. I do not support the killing of any innocent person, be they black, white, green or yellow.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Liona likes this.
  17. Laura2014

I don't think this is correct. It was an attack against Muslims who were attending evening prayers.

Liona likes this.
  18. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

Yes, it was morning information, not precise yet.

19. Laura2014

I think that trumps actions are racist in nature and play to the uneducated masses there who have been whipped up into a frenzy of fear. The reality is acts of terrorism have been perpetrated by people who have been in the USA for many years and have been radicalised while living there. The vetting procedures are very stringent from a security perspective but not from a fake marriage perspective. Before being issued with visas they have already gone through up to two years of security vetting. Of course no one can say with certainty that they will not pose a threat in the future. All the evidence is that Americans are much more at risk from their own countrymen, the arms law make it possible for people to carry out atrocities. These are mainly committed by Americans. The ban is based on religion and not on risk. If it were truly based on risk then Tunisians would go through much higher vetting because in Europe it has been mainly Tunisians who have perpetrated the recent atrocities in France and Berlin. I don't understand then why if the ban is securuty related that Tunisians are exempt. I am totally against the ban and I attended a protest in my own city last night and spoke out against the ban. Nothing trump is doing will make the USA safer. It
    will only make people who already feel marginalised more desperate and feeds into the hands of terror groups.

ijs, Anita Hospita and Heidi like this.
  20. R.I.P

R.I.P Member

Fake news!!! he was not an arab!!! he was just a witness

21. Mango Chutney

I will support any act that defeats terrorism and the death of innocent people...of all nationalities. Trump's exclusion of Tunisians has confused me somewhat, as the links to terrorism are indisputable. In that sense, I do worry that the ban may be based more on racism tendencies than on beating terrorism. I would never support racism, but will firmly support any act that defeats terrorism. This Trump situation is a mess, I cannot understand most of his opinions, I truly can't, some of it is downright deranged, but I'll not deny, ISIS and all terror groups put the fear of God in me, they are beyond evil, so any act that helps to combat this does have my support. Half the problem does seem to be that many terrorists are radicalised AFTER they have arrived in their given country, once they see our way of life and don't like our culture. In this instance, it makes sense to me to leave said country, not kill innocent people. I guess there is just no knowing who might be radicalised in the future and who will not. But regardless, all I know is terrorism freaks the crap outta me and I will support anything that minimises attacks. For the record, I believe the arms law in America sucks, it should not be so easy for anyone to lay their hands on a weapon, especially those with mental health conditions.

Liona likes this.
  22. Mango Chutney

Yeah, we've already established that point, discussed it and moved on :thumbsup:

Liona likes this.
  23. Liona

Liona Well-Known Member

wah-wah-wah... Calm down. We cleared up already.

Mango Chutney likes this.
  24. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

I must confess that I´m kind of worried about a president who copied part of Hitler´s speeches for his own use helga.gif

ijs and Mango Chutney like this.
  25. Mango Chutney

Yeah, that is a concern to all. I am not a Trump fan, but I do support beating terrorism. Quoting Hitler (like Houssem did, with his extremist sympathies) and supporting torture are not things I agree with, they fly in the face of my own beliefs of peace and harmony. Trump is a loony, my opinion on that has never altered, but so are terrorists and they need stopping.