Visas

J

jasmina

Could someone please explain the visa, the initial 2 year one, and what happens if this is revoked and the ILR, what it stands for and any conditions on it, thanks x:D

G

Guess_Who

The initial `visa` that is issued is in actual fact, correctly called an Entry Clearance Visa. It allows the person to enter the UK and stay for a period of 2 years, if they adhere to the conditions attached to it.
For example, if married and the marriage breaks down then a condition has been broken and the visa becomes invalid. Legally, the sponsor (UK citizen) has a duty to inform the Home Office.

ILR is Indefinite Leave to Remain, this is normally granted after the initial 2 year period (although I believe it may have now changed to 3 years) and entitles the holder to stay permanently in the UK with very few conditions attached to it.

W

WouldI

Also, some people confuse ILR with citizenship (and eligibility to apply for a British passport) - this (currently) can only be applied for after a period of 3 years (i.e. a year after ILR is granted).

L

lozza

My husband has now been waiting about 6 weeks for his B3. Any advice on what he should do please as Im going over in 2 weeks. (f)

W

WouldI

The only reason my husband got his within a week was because his mum has contacts - again, it seems the only way of getting things moving are if you know the right people or if you can give someone a backhander. The only other option I guess is to keep on at them - which I'm sure you're already doing. Hope it comes through soon (f) xxx

L

lozza

The only reason my husband got his within a week was because his mum has contacts - again, it seems the only way of getting things moving are if you know the right people or if you can give someone a backhander. The only other option I guess is to keep on at them - which I'm sure you're already doing. Hope it comes through soon (f) xxx
Thanx he has got good mates in the police and did say they would help so I guess thats what we will have to do. It doesnt look like hes going to get it otherwise. The corrupt police do have their uses sometimes. :innocent:

W

WouldI

Thanx he has got good mates in the police and did say they would help so I guess thats what we will have to do. It doesnt look like hes going to get it otherwise. The corrupt police do have their uses sometimes. :innocent:
Sounds like the best way of getting things moving! So stressful for you! (f)

L

lozza

Sounds like the best way of getting things moving! So stressful for you! (f)
Im at the point of thinking well ive done my bit and if he cant get of his lazy fucking arse and get it then why should I care. Im the one having to do all the shite as usual and this is the only thing he had to do. You know what I mean dont you? I need to go take one of them happy pills me thinks.

W

WouldI

Im at the point of thinking well ive done my bit and if he cant get of his lazy fucking arse and get it then why should I care. Im the one having to do all the shite as usual and this is the only thing he had to do. You know what I mean dont you? I need to go take one of them happy pills me thinks.
ohhhhhhhh yes - this is just the beginning LMAO! xxx

L

lozza

ohhhhhhhh yes - this is just the beginning LMAO! xxx
Cheers mate, im already thinking WTF am I doing, do I really want a man in my house and all the Shite that comes with him. :ben: Oh the joys eh.

W

WouldI

Cheers mate, im already thinking WTF am I doing, do I really want a man in my house and all the Shite that comes with him. :ben: Oh the joys eh.
Well, at least you're preparing yourself! And there's always the chat room here when you want to :freakout:with other long-suffering wives LOL :ben:

W

WouldI

Yes- the initial visa (sometimes also called a 'spousal' visa) is granted on condition that the parties intend to sustain the relationship and live together - if the relationship breaks down before ILR is applied for and granted (i.e. before two years), then the non-UK partner has no right to remain in the UK.

W

WouldI

So basically if the marriage breaks down the woman can revoke the visa and the man will be made to go back to tunisia, what if the man cant be found or is with someone that is willing to support him if he stays???:coffee:
Effectively they would be supporting an illegal immigrant I suppose (Guess_Who will know the legalities!!)

W

WouldI

If your friend is with a Tunisian who has left his wife while he has been here less than two years then I would tell her to be very cautious. Firstly, I would question his motivation for marrying the other woman in the first instance (though marriages can and do break down for a number of reasons). Secondly, he will not be able to apply for ILR unless they have sustained their marriage - so would have to return or live as an illegal immigrant. Thirdly, he probably wouldn't be granted entry clearance a second time - so he probably wouldn't be able to live with her in the UK.

W

WouldI

How will the man know if the visa has definatly been revoked if there is not contact, surely they would take that into account, or am i thinking to nicely x(f)
By leaving the marriage he is, in effect, breaking the conditions of his visa (because it is his visa, not his wife's) - he has a duty to inform immigration that his circumstances have changed, so by not doing so I would imagine that he is breaking the law. The wife could inform the authorities if she wanted to speed things up, but it is ultimately his responsibility as I see it. If he's on the run from his wife then he's on the run from the authorities too!

W

WouldI

Please feel free to correct any of the above Mand - don't want to give duff information :blush:(f)

Ben

Administrator
Our citizenship is cheaper :ben: I wonder how much the tunisian one cost :ben:

W

WouldI

Hunting Xpress, this doesn't link with the Sadok thread does it??? :mad:

D

DizziBlonde

My friend was married to a guy from venezuela (sic)

After 7 months of him being here in England he left her for a younger model, he got this younger model pregnant was working at the time but the authorities caught up with him and was sent back.

He appealed against the case saying bad stuff against his wife and that he wanted to divorce her and stay with the younger model and bring up their family together, He lost the appeal because he didnt go thru the correct chanels at the start of the marriage breakdown. Now younger model is left to bring up baby venezuela alone ..

Moral of the story ..

Dont feather a second nest until you have left the first one ...

W

WouldI

Hunting-Xpress-Casanova said:
I thought you knew that already.

Yes it does. Jasmina is Sadok's lover's friend and she wants to tell them if they are in danger or not. :coffee:
Nope - sorry. I'm often out of the loop by virtue of not using Facebook and MSN :D The more stuff I read though, the happier I am about this - too many goings on :dead: Anyway, at least Jasmina is aware that my posts were objective - what her friend is doing is morally and (I'm sure) legally questionable. Jasmina - this guy probably would have hooked up with anyone if he thought it would help him, that's not the basis of a relationship surely? Plus, unless your friend envisages a life for herself in Tunisia with him then the relationship has nowhere to go - it's so hard to get a visa when you're genuine so I would hazard a guess that obtaining a visa after deportation is nigh on impossible. I think your friend needs to wake up and smell the coffee (not to mention the rat!) sorry (f)

C

Caramel

His wife should report him to the Home Office

I think if his wife is reading this, she should report him immediately to the Home Office. He is a rat and should be sent back to Tunisia. Can I ask if his wife is older than him? Has he found a younger model?

Ben

Administrator
I just prefer the normal man woman jiggy jiggy lmao.. oooooooo how come i am a senior member now hehe (s)
You posted over 100.

But I know it sounds like you're in need of wheel chair :ben::ben: What Title would you like to have :ben: