wedding invitation!

Minx

If anyone happens to be knocking around Sousse next week (day to be confirmed), feel free to come along to the wedding! PM me and I'll send you my number!
I've only known him 6 months - but - oh it's all so clear - after the initial meeting in September over there, we've spent a whole week togther - and all that skype and the texts - and he's certain I'm the one for him!!!!
Unfortunately he can't be arsed (sorry - I mean he is unable) to meet me at Tunis airport - but hey ho - long as he gets that ring on me finger!

YUP - his insistence on a Feb wedding last night verged on bullying! Make sure I bring the papers etc. So the alarm bells have sounded again - but this time they all went off at once and made me sit up! Haha.

What is Sidi bou Said like? Seriously - it's a darn site closer to Tunis and will keep me well away from him! Don't want to waste my flight and luckily haven't booked hotel yet!

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Sidi Bou Said is nice and a very touristy area. It's safe and the areas around it are safe as well ( La Marsa, etc) And since you're close to Tunis, there are tons of nice restaurants, shopping areas, and museums to occupy your time. From there you can even organize and launch a desert tour if you're interested with ATVs or camels and the like.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Sidi_Bou_Said
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Africa/Tunisia/Gouvernorat_de_Tunis/Sidi_Bou_Said-2247737/TravelGuide-Sidi_Bou_Said.html

I'm glad that you are not going to give in to his demands. What a creep!

Bella

Google Queen
If anyone happens to be knocking around Sousse next week (day to be confirmed), feel free to come along to the wedding! PM me and I'll send you my number!
I've only known him 6 months - but - oh it's all so clear - after the initial meeting in September over there, we've spent a whole week togther - and all that skype and the texts - and he's certain I'm the one for him!!!!
Unfortunately he can't be arsed (sorry - I mean he is unable) to meet me at Tunis airport - but hey ho - long as he gets that ring on me finger!

YUP - his insistence on a Feb wedding last night verged on bullying! Make sure I bring the papers etc. So the alarm bells have sounded again - but this time they all went off at once and made me sit up! Haha.

What is Sidi bou Said like? Seriously - it's a darn site closer to Tunis and will keep me well away from him! Don't want to waste my flight and luckily haven't booked hotel yet!
omg! tell him you gotta wait 21(28?) days for your coni so no can do !!!

What you gonna do?

alAzima

If you're going to stay in Sidi bou Said or Tunis and you still want beaches, I'd recommend Tabarka which is very nice and less crowded than Sousse. Also you could try Nabuel which has gorgeous beaches and is calm right now. I have family there and they manage a hotel in Nabuel if you're interested.

Bella

Google Queen
Minx, does he know you aint marrying him or are you gonna shaft him?

Minx

cheers alAzima! I thought I'd seen some nice photos of it (at work so not doing an out-and-out search yet!)

alAzima

cheers alAzima! I thought I'd seen some nice photos of it (at work so not doing an out-and-out search yet!)
Sidi bou Said really is a gorgeous, calm, relaxing place. However it's not a place I'd make an entire week out of, only because you'll run out of things to do. A day or two at most and you'll probably be looking for some other activities to occupy your time. If you need a cheap, but clean and friendly hotel in Tunis, there is Hotel Salambo on rue de Grece near the train station. I'm not sure what the train schedules are like at the moment, though I've been told most are functioning and on time. You can get a train from there to Nabuel for 5-8 dinar (confort class) And find enough things to occupy a week.

Minx

Minx, does he know you aint marrying him or are you gonna shaft him?
well actually - I'm a bit worried about that! Don't know what to do. He's gonna go ballistic - and I know that's tough - but just imagine all the dinars he's spent on txts / net cafes / les cartes postale - I was an investment after all - trouble is the bank just went bust / collapsed! And he's lost all his dosh!

Volcanic ash? Snow? Leaves on the tracks? Or -

"Sorry, I never wanted to marry you in Feb and never said I would. You're a lying, cheating basket who has treated me like an idiot. And what's more your feet stink!"

Just got a text - he's trying soooooooo hard. I feel mean!

Bella

Google Queen
well actually - I'm a bit worried about that! Don't know what to do. He's gonna go ballistic - and I know that's tough - but just imagine all the dinars he's spent on txts / net cafes / les cartes postale - I was an investment after all - trouble is the bank just went bust / collapsed! And he's lost all his dosh!

Volcanic ash? Snow? Leaves on the tracks? Or -

"Sorry, I never wanted to marry you in Feb and never said I would. You're a lying, cheating basket who has treated me like an idiot. And what's more your feet stink!"

Just got a text - he's trying soooooooo hard. I feel mean!
Tell him you have looked into it and you cant get he coni yet (you aint lying) and see how he reacts...

Minx

If you're going to stay in Sidi bou Said or Tunis and you still want beaches, I'd recommend Tabarka which is very nice and less crowded than Sousse. Also you could try Nabuel which has gorgeous beaches and is calm right now. I have family there and they manage a hotel in Nabuel if you're interested.
thanks - I'm not really fond of busy places. Yes - I'd be interested re: Nabuel please!

alAzima

thanks - I'm not really fond of busy places. Yes - I'd be interested re: Nabuel please!

Have you already booked in a hotel? Or are you interested in doing so? What times/dates and how long would you want to stay? You can PM the information to me also and I'll see if I can ring my Uncle :)

Bella

Google Queen
I'm sorry but what is meant by ' coni ' ?
I'm not sure proper names... but its something you have to put in register office for 21 or 28 days (cant remember which) so people can see you plan to marry, so give people time to object.... you need this to marry anywhere...

alAzima

I'm not sure proper names... but its something you have to put in register office for 21 or 28 days (cant remember which) so people can see you plan to marry, so give people time to object.... you need this to marry anywhere...
Is this a British thing? I didn't have to do this coming from the USA to marry in Tunisia. I only had to take my documentation to the US Embassy and pay $25 USD for the certificate of freedom to marry, which both my husband and I signed. We took that paper to the beladiya in Jendouba along with our passports and birth certificates and were married. The end, it was over.

I guess things are different for the UK?

alAzima

Certificate Of No Impediment
I had to get that too, but it was something I had to get at the embassy in Tunis. For Americans, it doesn't require an appointment or any waiting period. Walk in with your birth certificate, passport, divorce decree if you were previously married, your husband's passport, Tunisian ID card, and $25 and walk out with the certificate the same day. You can marry that day as well.

alAzima

Also we were told by US immigration that the US doesn't require that document and no such document exists in America. They said it's the Tunisian authorities who require the document and therefore I could obtain it at the embassy in Tunis to satisfy Tunisia's marriage requirements.

Bella

Google Queen
Is this a British thing? I didn't have to do this coming from the USA to marry in Tunisia. I only had to take my documentation to the US Embassy and pay $25 USD for the certificate of freedom to marry, which both my husband and I signed. We took that paper to the beladiya in Jendouba along with our passports and birth certificates and were married. The end, it was over.

Maybe its a uk thing....... or maybe ive got this wrong?... anyone confirm this??..... (clearly i aint looked into it too deeply lol)

Bella

Google Queen

i beleive its a lot of messing about here in uk to marry to a tune in tuneland.......... but again, maybe im wrong........... interested tho, you never know i might need this one day x

alAzima

From everything I have seen and been told the process in the UK is much more complicated and involved than it is for Americans. Also the US government has everything online. From the day you file to the day you're approved you can track the status of your case, whether it's been touched or looked out, and what the result was online through the www.uscis.gov and www.nvc.gov websites. You also get good response from the US Embassy in Tunis when you email them about case inquires.

Like I said, it was very simple here and I made more of a fuss out of it than it needed to be. But that was my OCD nature and I couldn't help it.

Minx

i beleive its a lot of messing about here in uk to marry to a tune in tuneland.......... but again, maybe im wrong........... interested tho, you never know i might need this one day x
If you go on the British embassy site - it's all on there. Very complex and about to get much worse re: the foreign husband ultimately living here with more stringent 'allowances' for the number of people being allowed in each month. I think it operates a 'points' system and if you're on minimum wage it's a lot more difficult.

A while since I looked though and been to bed since then!

Bella

Google Queen
If you go on the British embassy site - it's all on there. Very complex and about to get much worse re: the foreign husband ultimately living here with more stringent 'allowances' for the number of people being allowed in each month. I think it operates a 'points' system and if you're on minimum wage it's a lot more difficult.

Yeah, money talks!!

Bella

Google Queen

but then again, like i touched on other thread... i know people over the road who have gotten visas who are only on benefits..

alAzima

The US does not discriminate if you take welfare, but you have to meet the 125% over federal poverty limits to sponsor someone to come.

If you can not meet that yourself, you are permitted to use a cosponsor who would provide his or her tax returns and other financial information as well as signing an affadavit of support. The cosponsor does not have to be a relative of the US citizen.

It stands to reason that if you are taking welfare benefits (foodstamps, WIC, social security payments, etc) you may very well not qualify or have an income at 125% over the federal poverty limits.

This affadavit of support states that the immigrant will not take any public services or welfare benefits while in the USA. If the immigrant takes those benefits, the sponsor (either the fiance/wife or someone used as a cosponsor) is responsible to repay the US government all monies taken by the immigrant.

This affidavit of support is valid until the time when the immigrant has worked 40 quarters of work in the USA ( about 10 years ) or until the immigrant becomes a citizen (which takes 3 years from the date they enter the country if they remain married to the original petitioner and 5 years for all other circumstances)

The affadavit of support does not become invalid if the petitioner and the beneficiary (immigrant) divorce. The only things that break it are the 40 quarters of work, becoming a US citizen, or deportation for failing to maintain a legal US status.

Many duped American women find that even after their rat has left them and received his 2 or 10 year green card, they are still held to the affadavit of support they signed.

Minx

Have you already booked in a hotel? Or are you interested in doing so? What times/dates and how long would you want to stay? You can PM the information to me also and I'll see if I can ring my Uncle :)
thanks alAzima. I met a UK woman on 'the other side/ site' a few months ago. We hit it off and by coincidence we flew out same date in December and met up a couple of times whilst in Sousse. We're still in touch daily and were due to be going out again next week - flying together this time as have to go from London - but splitting up once in Tunis as her fiance no longer in Sousse. Out of respect to her, I will just say things got complicated for her too last night.
I haven't booked a hotel yet (some deep-seated sense somewhere?) but now need to see what my friend is doing. Will have a look at the places you've suggested. Thanks!

D

DragonZest

The US does not discriminate if you take welfare, but you have to meet the 125% over federal poverty limits to sponsor someone to come.

If you can not meet that yourself, you are permitted to use a cosponsor who would provide his or her tax returns and other financial information as well as signing an affadavit of support. The cosponsor does not have to be a relative of the US citizen.

It stands to reason that if you are taking welfare benefits (foodstamps, WIC, social security payments, etc) you may very well not qualify or have an income at 125% over the federal poverty limits.

This affadavit of support states that the immigrant will not take any public services or welfare benefits while in the USA. If the immigrant takes those benefits, the sponsor (either the fiance/wife or someone used as a cosponsor) is responsible to repay the US government all monies taken by the immigrant.

This affidavit of support is valid until the time when the immigrant has worked 40 quarters of work in the USA ( about 10 years ) or until the immigrant becomes a citizen (which takes 3 years from the date they enter the country if they remain married to the original petitioner and 5 years for all other circumstances)

The affadavit of support does not become invalid if the petitioner and the beneficiary (immigrant) divorce. The only things that break it are the 40 quarters of work, becoming a US citizen, or deportation for failing to maintain a legal US status.

Many duped American women find that even after their rat has left them and received his 2 or 10 year green card, they are still held to the affadavit of support they signed.
Wow...that's quite scary actually...loads of woman won't think about this I bet.

alAzima

Wow...that's quite scary actually...loads of woman won't think about this I bet.
Many of them do not think about it at all while they are singing their names on the dotted line. They do think about it afterward when he was only after a visa and he runs out on her. The problem is though it's good in theory, however it can become difficult for the US government to track this information. When an immigrant arrives through engagement or marriage they are given a green card and a social security number and card. The social security number or card doesn't have something on it that says " immigrant" so often they go through the state governments to apply for welfare benefits. It has happened that a US female has had her entire tax refund seized by the IRS to repay benefits taken by the ex husband she signed for. However it's not common and when it does occur, it's usually years after the immigrant initially took the benefits, as it takes a long time for the government to catch up.

Bella

Google Queen
thanks alAzima. I met a UK woman on 'the other side/ site' a few months ago. We hit it off and by coincidence we flew out same date in December and met up a couple of times whilst in Sousse. We're still in touch daily and were due to be going out again next week - flying together this time as have to go from London - but splitting up once in Tunis as her fiance no longer in Sousse. Out of respect to her, I will just say things got complicated for her too last night.
I haven't booked a hotel yet (some deep-seated sense somewhere?) but now need to see what my friend is doing. Will have a look at the places you've suggested. Thanks!
What date are you going hun?

W

wakefield gal

Please do be careful, they can turn real nasty after they have put time and effort into an investment that dont pay off!!!

I know of a rat who got to the UK and beat his wife terribly and held her hands down while he stubbed cigarettes out on her, because she refused to support his application for ILR after he beat her, lied to her, cheated on her many times.

Its good to know your alarm bells are ringing and you are sat up!!! (f)

The CONI is your get out clause, because if you dont have one you cant get married ( i think) and it takes 28 days to get . X

Bella

Google Queen
Please do be careful, they can turn real nasty after they have put time and effort into an investment that dont pay off!!!

I know of a rat who got to the UK and beat his wife terribly and held her hands down while he stubbed cigarettes out on her, because she refused to support his application for ILR after he beat her, lied to her, cheated on her many times.

Its good to know your alarm bells are ringing and you are sat up!!! (f)

The CONI is your get out clause, because if you dont have one you cant get married ( i think) and it takes 28 days to get . X
Ahh i thought it was 28 days...

You arent planning on meeting up with him are you minx?

Top Bottom