What's the Difference Between Paris Hilton's Chihuahua and a Tunisian Rat?

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
It seems like a joke, but it's an honest question. What's the difference between a woman's accessorized "pets" like Paris Hilton's Chihuahua and a younger Tunisian rat? Are there some overlooked similarities here, and maybe there are some deeper psychological reasons rich women will choose an expensive purse, a chihuahua and a rat? Are they just accessories to the life she wants to live? Did Paris Hilton start the trend? Is it possible there are deeper reasons for this? Why not choose a more reliable pet like an independent German Shepherd or an older, more mature character like Russel Crowe? Is it a lack of accessibility or perhaps insecurity that's underneath, or is it just random, maybe there are no correlations, at all? It's just a random but serious question...

2c199fcb8c4a36d9e381568a25923305.png

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like a joke, but it's an honest question. What's the difference between a woman's accessorized "pets" like Paris Hilton's Chihuahua and a younger Tunisian rat? Are there some overlooked similarities here, and maybe there are some deeper psychological reasons rich women will choose an expensive purse, a chihuahua and a rat? Are they just accessories to the life she wants to live? Did Paris Hilton start the trend? Is it possible there are deeper reasons for this? Why not choose a more reliable pet like an independent German Shepherd or an older, more mature character like Russel Crowe? Is it a lack of accessibility or perhaps insecurity that's underneath, or is it just random, maybe there are no correlations, at all? It's just a random but serious question...

View attachment 66155
People favour certain breeds be it a larger dog or a small one. I know lots of people with chihuahuas but not as an accessory.

Dogs are loyal and love you unconditionally with no protence whereas rats lie, scam, use and abuse you.

MH x

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Animal lover here of both small and larger dogs. Dogs of any kind are infinitely more loving, kind and loyal than any Tunisian rat. But, if I were to choose a smaller dog, I would not put them in a purse. They really should be carried around like a child so that their little feet never touch the ground except in special circumstances when they need it. I think Pomeranians are extremely cute and easy to love. How can you not love a Pomeranian? And yet, little dogs and Tunisian rats both end up in a woman's purse. It is a tragic similarity.

239447144083202.jpg

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Animal lover here of both small and larger dogs. Dogs of any kind are infinitely more loving, kind and loyal than any Tunisian rat. But, if I were to choose a smaller dog, I would not put them in a purse. They really should be carried around like a child so that their little feet never touch the ground except in special circumstances when they need it. I think Pomeranians are extremely cute and easy to love. How can you not love a Pomeranian? And yet, little dogs and Tunisian rats both end up in a woman's purse. It is a tragic similarity.

View attachment 66157
We will have to agree to disagree - my cat is a house cat but on occasions I have taken him out in his 'cat handbag'

I'm sure that Paris does walk her dog normally but the press publish pics of a dog in a 'bag'

There can be no similarities between a dog lover and a rat.

I do understand why you posted this but in my opinion rats are not an accessory neither are dogs. Rats con women and use them - women don't use them to make themselves look good.

Like I say let's agree to disagree. I respect you and all you bring to the forum.

MH x

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
We will have to agree to disagree - my cat is a house cat but on occasions I have taken him out in his 'cat handbag'

I'm sure that Paris does walk her dog normally but the press publish pics of a dog in a 'bag'

There can be no similarities between a dog lover and a rat.

I do understand why you posted this but in my opinion rats are not an accessory neither are dogs. Rats con women and use them - women don't use them to make themselves look good.

Like I say let's agree to disagree. I respect you and all you bring to the forum.

MH x
There are no differences between a small pet accessory and a rat? I'm not comparing rats with dog lovers. That's different from the original question, and there should be a place to ease up for women on topics, don't you think laughter is good medicine?

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
There are no differences between a small pet accessory and a rat? I'm not comparing rats with dog lovers. That's different from the original question, and there should be a place to ease up for women on topics, don't you think laughter is good medicine?
Completely agree - maybe I misunderstood your initial post as it just seemed you were comparing the two.

MH x

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
No, I'm not saying women are like the rats - I'm speaking about trends for both of these kinds of critters to end up in her purse! Clearly, there are differences, but I opened the topic because I wonder if there is an association specifically between chihuahuas and rats ending up there. Is there a correlation that I'm not seeing, are they related (chihuahuas and rats)?

And, I know very well that the rat doesn't belong there. He has used horrible manipulative techniques to end up in her purse. But, I do question further, if women tend to reduce both to harmless companions in similar ways, and perhaps there are larger reasons for this?

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
For further consideration:
Why intelligent and high-performing women fall for toxic partners (Business Insider)

How in the world did these smart, successful women end up in such toxic relationships?
Well, research says that these types of women are actually more likely to become "addicted" to toxic men than others. In other words, the people you'd never expect to fall for those who treat them horribly are ... usually the ones who do.
  • It may seem like every high-powered woman you know is dating someone toxic, but successful women don't actually have lower standards when it comes to relationships.
  • Instead, research shows that their driven nature attracts toxic partners, and means that they're used to working hard.
  • Toss satisfying sex into the mix, which builds chemistry, and an unhealthy relationship can quickly become a toxic one.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Ever wonder why your best friend — a total genius with the biggest brain and warmest heart — is dating some "loser" in your eyes who doesn't treat her nearly as well as you know she deserves? Or why your colleague whose shoes you dream of filling someday comes to the office every morning complaining about her husband's absolutely cringe-worthy behaviors?

What causes women to be attracted to small dogs? (Quora)

Size. An average woman is smaller than an average man, therefore she is less powerful. A smaller dog can be easier to manage than a bigger one: smaller dogs are lighter, a man may lift a large dog like a mastiff, for a woman these dogs are often a bit too much; they are less powerful so they don’t pull as hard; they are perceived as less aggressive. Now, I hardly understand the really tiny dogs such as micro-chihuahua or other heavily selected breeds...

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
I personally think that there could be a correlation between these two random things, but it seems this particular thread has a destiny for the deadpan, even though there may be something more to it. Maybe there is a connection between hardworking women and higher maintenance relationships - further, an additional interest for women in choosing small pets and toxic men similarly. For instance, relationships with people or animals who require higher degrees of maintenance and more "love."

The first article suggests that there is a connection between toxic relationships and successful women. Unless the science is completely wrong, there's a higher probability that successful women are both targeted for higher economic status, attract this kind of relationship, and gravitate towards these relationships because of how they view challenge.

The focus on most topics is just on the exploitation of a rat and his effect on a victim's life which is well-established. But, if there is a vulnerability and tendency on the part of the victim to associate "higher maintenance" and "greater responsibility" to relationships in general, she will find herself naturally open to relationships that require more care... and end up exploited for these characteristics as the study suggests; successful women are more likely to end up in and attract toxic relationships. Exploring the topic could be helpful, maybe not on this website, but likely with further research!

Last edited:

Jane

Major Ratslayer
I personally think that there could be a correlation between these two random things, but it seems this particular thread has a destiny for the deadpan, even though there may be something more to it. Maybe there is a connection between hardworking women and higher maintenance relationships - further, an additional interest for women in choosing small pets and toxic men similarly. For instance, relationships with people or animals who require higher degrees of maintenance and more "love."

The first article suggests that there is a connection between toxic relationships and successful women. Unless the science is completely wrong, there's a higher probability that successful women are both targeted for higher economic status, attract this kind of relationship, and gravitate towards these relationships because of how they view challenge.

The focus on most topics is just on the exploitation of a rat and his effect on a victim's life which is well-established. But, if there is a vulnerability and tendency on the part of the victim to associate "higher maintenance" and "greater responsibility" to relationships in general, she will find herself naturally open to relationships that require more care... and end up exploited for these characteristics as the study suggests; successful women are more likely to end up in and attract toxic relationships. Exploring the topic could be helpful, maybe not on this website, but likely with further research!
Some older women ( NOT ALL!!!!) do treat their toy boys as some kind of cute pet or acquisition , as a previous thread showed us ... I guess the similarity between the rat n the chihuaha is they both look cute ( well, sometimes....) , can be bought for a certain sum And can make the owner feel charitable and give Them a “ project” they can train for certain tricks .
There the similarity ends are chihuahuas are a million times cuter and more loyal than any rat .

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Some older women ( NOT ALL!!!!) do treat their toy boys as some kind of cute pet or acquisition , as a previous thread showed us ... I guess the similarity between the rat n the chihuaha is they both look cute ( well, sometimes....) , can be bought for a certain sum And can make the owner feel charitable and give Them a “ project” they can train for certain tricks .
There the similarity ends are chihuahuas are a million times cuter and more loyal than any rat .
I agree chihuahuas are completely innocent and cute creatures. And, yes, NOT ALL women treat rats like "boy toys." Some do absolutely and are very aware of it. These kinds of women and men tend to get the most media coverage, as mentioned with "In Love in Egypt" and other articles listed on the site that highlight an older woman's preoccupation with a toxic male (hypergamy on his side - "marrying up"). Certainly most victims who do not fall into that category are heavily exploited to even start the relationship.

What exactly are these rats honing in on with western women? Is it the fact that they are charitable and tend not to shy away from caring for difficult personal and professional relationships. She is hard-working, responsible, and goes the extra mile... in other words - exploitable?

Maybe toxic rats instinctively hone in exactly on a woman's capacity to work harder and invest herself with him, because she IS the charitable and responsible type - and ratty men feel/know these women are more likely to stay inside a toxic relationship if he is a semi-stud and meets some level of romantic/excitement (as the study also suggests) and he can connect to her "empathetic side." You know, the loving, protective and giving side that wants to bundle up her little chihuahua and put him in the designer handbag!

If the study is in fact true, it would seem that women need notice signs of "working harder" in relationships with men who meet certain unstable criteria - such as coming from unstable backgrounds, not being established, or otherwise proving to be unreliable (even if there is sexual attraction involved)... because it is a recipe for disaster. Basically, make note of that blind spot like an achilles heel, expect more, and tolerate much less.

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
"Generally, you will transfer this understanding without even thinking about it — that chances are if you work hard on your relationships, they're going to be good," psychologist and executive coach Perpetua Neo told INSIDER. "Add that together with empathy and it can be really difficult because you start to tax yourself with trying to understand why he is the way he is. In other words, high-performance women tend to just keep giving and giving and giving..."

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
There could be something more to high-power female celebrities and how they choose partners and maintain relationships, you know, like with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry... a little off from the Paris Hilton, Chihuahuas, and Tunisian rat subject. Clearly, Prince Harry is not a toxic male. But, maybe there are a few similarities?

prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-and-meghan-duchess-of-sussex-news-photo-1578509168.jpg
Photo Source: Town & Country Magazine (2020)

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Last year, much further south from Tunisia, this couple toured South Africa, Botswana, Angola and Malawi . It was reported they considered "fleeing" to Africa or Canada. What happened in America, the UK, and with media coverage? Did the countries and media coverage literally drive the couple to seek refuge Africa and Canada? It's rather strange to read these articles, as I was fleeing BACK to my home country more appreciative than the first colonist off the Mayflower.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bitter parting shot at the British media: Couple slam Royal Correspondents and 'misreporting' as they say they will hand-pick reporters to cover their work from now on

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Comments on the above article read:

"I can understand that they want to be financially independent but Harry was born into rank and privilege and should accept and embrace the life he has. Instead he has been dazzled by an American actress, who most of us have never heard of. She has now realized that she cant have celebrity status and be royal, its one or the other. Although she seems to be intending to use her royal status to secure a personal fortune. What I find interesting is that we British saw through her very quickly and what we predicted has come true. Lets hope he comes to his senses before its too late and realizes his sense of duty to the Queen and to his country."

"The mere arrogance and disrespect to the "hands that feed them" is unbelievable. Leave and do not come back and please do not take any of our hard earned tax money. What a slap in the face for her Majesty."

"Selfish and manipulative woman. Weak man. Poor Archie."

For opposing views:

"They've been treated abominably and thanks to the British press, things are only getting worse. Who wouldnt want to leave? What a miserable environment your tabloids create."

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
With this current celebrity theme of humanitarian works with Africa and the Arab world, it's important to understand how Bezness plays into all of it. Bezness has been going on as usual for much longer than Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's marriage. The couple has likely never visited Tunisia, at all. But, are women becoming more susceptible targets for "Bezness" and Tunisian rats due to high-powered celebrities?

Failed father figures and nuanced storytelling: Bezness as Usual

Standing in a Tunisian marketplace holding a blue abaya to her chest, a Swiss woman called Jasmin poses for a photo, smiling unenthusiastically at Mohsen Ben Hassen, the Tunisian father she hasn’t seen in 22 years. Capturing this awkward moment is Dutch filmmaker Alex Pitstra, Jasmin’s older half-brother and the result of Ben Hassen’s first marriage to a Dutch woman called Anneke. Meanwhile, Imed, Mohsen’s brother (who also has a son in Sweden), is negotiating with a shopkeeper for a lower price, “Next time I’ll bring our German relatives,” he promises. “They will all become your clients.”

Much of director Alex Pitstra’s feature-length documentary Bezness as Usual (2016) devotes itself to uncovering the complex family tree of the Ben Hassen family, of which he is a reluctant member. Made up of shaky handheld shots, with some stylized sequences and old home videos in between, the film manages to look both improvised and intentional. Filmed over the course of 10 years during the filmmaker’s visits to his long-absent father in Tunisia, the film, which screened as part of Zawya’s Cairo Cinema Days, throws you into the awkward fray of familial reunions — directly but with nuance and tenderness.

Link:

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
“Bezness,” the Arabization of the word “business,” took on a specific meaning in 1970s Tunisia. It referred to young, often attractive, Tunisian men who charmed foreign women on vacation. In the seaside city of Sousse, Alex’s father and his two brothers were pioneers of this endeavor. “Can I say you were a bit of a Casanova?” Alex asks his elder uncle Salem, who is rarely seen without his slick black shades.

“No, you can say gigolo,” says Salem, with something of a film-mobster affectation. “I was a nice gigolo, beautiful.” Later he adds: “Of course, everybody was poor. This was one way, and I didn’t want to steal.” Then he quickly diverts into a “my country is beautiful, it’s a nice country” refrain.

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
EVIL SCAM I met my dream man on holiday – but he left me pregnant and penniless and then dumped for another woman (The Sun, 2019).

Sarah, 33, instantly fell for the charms of Haithem Ben Mohammed and quickly became inseparable from the 22-year-old. But while she was falling for her "dream man", Sarah had no idea the nightmare which was about to unfold. Soon she would find herself pregnant, penniless and stuck in an unhappy marriage - before eventually being unceremoniously dumped by scammer Haithem for another woman. Sarah stars in a new Channel 5 documentary, Holiday Love Cheat, which follows a group of British women who lost everything after falling for con men on holiday.

lc11.jpg

Jane

Major Ratslayer
EVIL SCAM I met my dream man on holiday – but he left me pregnant and penniless and then dumped for another woman (The Sun, 2019).

Sarah, 33, instantly fell for the charms of Haithem Ben Mohammed and quickly became inseparable from the 22-year-old. But while she was falling for her "dream man", Sarah had no idea the nightmare which was about to unfold. Soon she would find herself pregnant, penniless and stuck in an unhappy marriage - before eventually being unceremoniously dumped by scammer Haithem for another woman. Sarah stars in a new Channel 5 documentary, Holiday Love Cheat, which follows a group of British women who lost everything after falling for con men on holiday.

View attachment 66163

What a repulsive loooking man
And by looking at the gallery of the rats on here , seems there must be some kind of love potion in Tunisia which makes women blind hahah

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Last one on this particular tangent, but this was another headline that seems a little outrageous. I'm interested in knowing how many male and female victims of Tunisian Bezness would feel the same way? I feel, in fact, safer, more respected, and happy in my home country. My life improved almost immediately with access to both employment and housing. I feel entirely buffered from the sexism, discrimination, exploitation and violence that I experienced when in Tunisia...

Cardi B’s pledge to seek Nigerian citizenship sparks rivalry (AP, 2020).

Ghanaians were quick to point out the pitfalls of living in Africa’s most populous nation, where traffic jams and power cuts are more visible than opulent nightclubs and luxury hotels. “Hope you have a generator to power your house (because) they don’t have light but we do,” one user tweeted, adding an emoticon of a Ghana flag.

800.jpeg
Source: AP News

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
What a repulsive loooking man
And by looking at the gallery of the rats on here , seems there must be some kind of love potion in Tunisia which makes women blind hahah
Maybe it's the Mediterranean background and the fraudulent words of "love?" He left her barefoot and pregnant after pouring a generous dose of love potion in the tea! :coffee:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Why Tunis Could Be the New Rome (BBC Travel, January 27th, 2020)

Tunisia’s reputation was further damaged by a pair of terror attacks in 2015 at the height of ISIS’s international campaign that roiled the country and prompted a major overhaul of anti-terrorism initiatives. The UK government still suggests tourists exercise caution in the region, but notes that “The Tunisian government has improved protective security in major cities and tourist resorts.” Despite this bump on the road to democracy, now more than ever is the perfect time to visit the Tunisian capital, and to do so on your own terms.

Immigration Benefits: Additional Actions Needed to Address Fraud Risks in Program for Foreign National Victims of Domestic Abuse (USA)
The Violence Against Women Act self-petition program is intended to protect foreign nationals who suffered domestic abuse at the hands of a family member who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Successful petitioners can obtain work authorization and permanent resident status independent of their abuser. The number of petitions filed grew by over 70% over the past 5 fiscal years. The number of petitions filed grew by over 70% over the past 5 fiscal years. However, the number of petitions referred for potential fraud also increased by about 305%!

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
The statistics speak louder... a little louder than celebrity news.

Lap-dogs_2020234c.jpg

Last edited:

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
A gran who fell in love with an Egyptian toyboy must now pay him £40,000

Pet sitter Marilyn, who has daughters aged 34 and 32 and a 21-year-old son, told the Sunday Mirror: “I feel sick. I’m a kind and compassionate person and it horrifies me to realise my husband was only after my cash. “Behind his charisma is a cold and calculating character. He never loved me – he loved what I could bring him. “He mentioned how lucky I was to live in the UK. I brought him here, now I’m paying the price.”

2_image.jpg
Source: WalesOnline

Jisela

Major Ratslayer
Tactics Used by People Who Financially Abuse Others
Overall, financial abuse is very isolating because victims often become financially dependent on their abusers. This financial dependence traps them in the relationship. Without resources, they are unable to see a way out of their situation. For this reason, it's extremely important that women can identify financial abuse before it escalates and they are stripped of their credit histories and employment opportunities.

Following is an overview of the way financial abuse is perpetrated. Some abusers may use all of these tactics while others may only use one or two. Regardless of whether the abusive person is using one tactic or 10, it's still considered financial abuse. Here are some ways in which people are abused financially.

Exploiting Your Resources
When a dating partner or spouse uses or controls the money you have earned or saved, they are exploiting your resources. Here are some examples of this exploitation.
  • Trying to control your use of or access to money you have earned or saved
  • Using your assets for their personal benefit without asking
  • Taking money or using credit cards without permission
  • Ruining your credit history by running up limits and then not paying bills
  • Claiming to make payments or pay bills in your name but not following through
  • Borrowing money or making charges without repaying it
  • Feeling entitled to your money or assets
  • Demanding that you turn over your paycheck, passwords, and credit cards
  • Expecting you to pay for their bills or their obligations
  • Using offers to help with your budget or financial decisions as a cover for gaining control over your finances
  • Requiring you to bail them out of difficult financial situations
  • Confiscating your paycheck or other sources of income
  • Intercepting or opening your bank statements and other financial records
  • Threatening to lie to officials and claim you are "cheating or misusing benefits"
Interfering With Your Job
When a dating partner or spouse attempts to control your ability to earn money or gain assets, they are interfering with your income potential. Here are some examples of job interference.
  • Criticizing and minimizing your job or choice of career
  • Pressuring you to quit your job—sometimes even using children as an excuse
  • Telling you where you can and cannot work
  • Sabotaging your work responsibilities
  • Harassing you at work by calling, texting, or stopping by
  • Preventing you from working by hiding your keys, unhooking your car battery, taking your car without permission, or offering to babysit and then not showing up
Controlling Shared Assets and Resources
When a dating partner or spouse has complete control over the money in the relationship and you have little or no access to what you need, this is controlling the family resources. Here are some examples of controlling shared resources and assets.
  • Criticizing every financial decision you make
  • Reducing your freedom to plan or budget
  • Making large financial decisions without your input
  • Refusing to collaborate on finances
  • Hiding or taking funds and putting them in a private account
  • Insisting you share your income but refusing to share theirs
  • Refusing to work or contribute to the family income
  • Controlling the “purse strings” or establishing unrealistic limits or allowances
  • Requiring you to account for every penny you spend (may even ask for receipts and change)
  • Having a double standard when it comes to spending (they may spend money on entertainment, dining out, and clothing but criticize you when you make similar purchases)
  • Withholding financial information such as account passwords, account numbers, and investment information
  • Limiting your access to the overall financial picture as a couple
  • Withholding money from you or requiring you to ask for money
  • Demanding that you ask permission before spending money but not consulting you when they make purchases
  • Requiring that large, joint purchases be in their name only (such as car loans, mortgages, cell phones, or apartment leases)
  • Limiting your access to money by not allowing you to have bank accounts or credit cards
  • Forcing you to sign financial documents without explanations
  • Making threats to cut you off financially when you disagree
  • Becoming enraged over money and then engaging in other forms of abuse like name-calling or physical violence
  • Evading or refusing to pay child support
  • Dragging out divorce proceedings in order to cripple you financially

Last edited: