.Wissem Ghrissi, rat in Paris; searches marriage for French passport, and money for teeth!

Brasilgirl

For the time being, I'm not on Facebook and I doubt I will participate with it in the future.

I'm sure the complete damage of uncontrolled social networking on Facebook is unreported, undocumented, and certainly not studied. It's really scary what exploitable social media sites are allowing to happen. So, I'll be doing my own research and continue to find resources. I've found several U.S. major media sites reporting on fraud/scam on Facebook this year. It's been an issue, especially during the Cambridge Analytica political disaster. To me, it's not if Facebook has to change, it's just WHEN.
I have deactivated my Facebook. I don’t miss it at all. If people want to reach me, they have my number or they can send me an email. I never gave the rat my email. I used a separate one for Facebook and Instagram because of all the spam and I never even look at that account anymore. I think that social media is due for some intervention and strict regulations. It can’t continue as a free for all for scamming criminals.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
Same here. I'm naturally social and had no idea this would happen to me -- no idea how strategic these scam artists are in the world. Now, 2 years later... I'm shocked to find myself in the middle of this situation. The risks of Facebook splicing everyone together is like a huge perfect storm of nightmares. For anyone, at all, but especially for elderly and children. It's really disgusting that Facebook is simply washing their hands of responsibility over these scammers and placing our lives at risk.
And for us victims of blackmail there is no real link to report it nor real solution. Now what about young victims that are being contacted ending disappeared. Should be a serious follow for such criminal reports.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
I have deactivated my Facebook. I don’t miss it at all. If people want to reach me, they have my number or they can send me an email. I never gave the rat my email. I used a separate one for Facebook and Instagram because of all the spam and I never even look at that account anymore. I think that social media is due for some intervention and strict regulations. It can’t continue as a free for all for scamming criminals.
Indeed it became a platform for them to develop their criminal conduct.

Last edited:

Brasilgirl

Yes, I agree! Mark Zuckerberg has shit on his hands for what he's done to FB.

For example:
With regards to people friend requesting you, the options were:
. Everybody.
. Friends of friends.
. Nobody.

Mine was set to 'Nobody'.

With regards to who could private message you, the options were:

. Everybody.
. Friends only.
. Nobody.

Mine was set to 'Friends only'.

FB removed the privacy and security options I had set in place, so the best I could do for friends requests was 'Friends of friends' and the best I could do for private messages, was bugger all!!!

If the settings had not been changed, my rat 100% could not have made contact with me.
FB has opened the door for con men.....and left a lot of folk painfully vulnerable :Evil:

It's all good and well for them to say to ignore friend requests and messages from strangers, but the fact is, they should not have changed the settings, allowing strangers to contact us. If I wanted to speak with strangers, my security settings would have been public by choice.

Folk like me, that are incredibly friendly, chatty and sociable....we tend to reply and bingo....victim hooked :Evil:
FB need to change the settings back....the current settings are a con mans dreams.
The changes were likely to improve user stalking by advertisers. Facebook only cares about money and the agreement you accept when setting up your account protects them from everything. That’s why I just deleted my account last summer. I haven’t missed it.

Brasilgirl

Told all the authorities about him ,no response :Evil::Evil::Evil::Evil:what now? Pisses me off,no reply,nothing
They may not reply but they can’t delete your messages. If they do a search through their files your messages will come up. That’s how I was told it works. They get so many fraud reports that they can’t respond to them all very quickly.

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
honey waffle trying to get in touch....stuck in Paris :D:p:D:p you didn’t help bla bla ,this one is particularly evil,and deluded piece of shit
Oh dear....stranded with no money? Finally realised the stuff doesn’t grow on trees in the Western world? That the government doesn’t hand it out for free?

This has made me laugh, Magic.....I luuuuurve to see karma in action and these desperadoes all pathetic and begging :D

Laura2014

Staff Member/Administrator
Staff member
Oh dear....stranded with no money? Finally realised the stuff doesn’t grow on trees in the Western world? That the government doesn’t hand it out for free?

This has made me laugh, Magic.....I luuuuurve to see karma in action and these desperadoes all pathetic and begging :D
He will be fine. Don’t they all have uncles and aunts and brothers and sisters and cousins who live in France? I’m sure one of them will take him in!!

Top Bottom