.Wissem Ghrissi, rat in Paris; searches marriage for French passport, and money for teeth!

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by magic, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Trouble is, even getting a fake profile removed is a joke! FB are shit! Look what happened when all the fake profiles made of me were reported....FB send replies saying "This does not violate our community standards" and give the option to block the fake account.
    FB are useless. They've left so many people vulnerable to con men, by changing privacy and contact settings :Evil:

Mystery, AmberHeart, Apples and 2 others like this.
  2. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

It needs to change. This is an international security issue and leading to billions of dollars of damage, security risks, etc. among huge damages to women (and men).

Mystery, AmberHeart, Apples and 3 others like this.
  3. Mango Chutney

Yes, I agree! Mark Zuckerberg has shit on his hands for what he's done to FB.

For example:
    With regards to people friend requesting you, the options were:
    . Everybody.
    . Friends of friends.
    . Nobody.

Mine was set to 'Nobody'.

With regards to who could private message you, the options were:

. Everybody.
    . Friends only.
    . Nobody.

Mine was set to 'Friends only'.

FB removed the privacy and security options I had set in place, so the best I could do for friends requests was 'Friends of friends' and the best I could do for private messages, was bugger all!!!

If the settings had not been changed, my rat 100% could not have made contact with me.
    FB has opened the door for con men.....and left a lot of folk painfully vulnerable :Evil:

It's all good and well for them to say to ignore friend requests and messages from strangers, but the fact is, they should not have changed the settings, allowing strangers to contact us. If I wanted to speak with strangers, my security settings would have been public by choice.

Folk like me, that are incredibly friendly, chatty and sociable....we tend to reply and bingo....victim hooked :Evil:
    FB need to change the settings back....the current settings are a con mans dreams.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm naturally social and had no idea this would happen to me -- no idea how strategic these scam artists are in the world. Now, 2 years later... I'm shocked to find myself in the middle of this situation. The risks of Facebook splicing everyone together is like a huge perfect storm of nightmares. For anyone, at all, but especially for elderly and children. It's really disgusting that Facebook is simply washing their hands of responsibility over these scammers and placing our lives at risk.

5. Mango Chutney

Yeah.....mine met kids on FB.....he then did web cam with them. It makes me sick!
    FB has a lot to answer for, allowing these freaks easy access to literally anyone :Evil:

6. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Once I find a way to write a letter, etc. I will. Plus, I'd be interested in finding a petition or action group already involved in making Facebook accountable for these kinds of things.

7. Mango Chutney

When a rat here on the forum was harassing me, my family and friends, we reported it to the police. When the copper arrived, he said that they hate FB for the trouble it causes, but mostly.....because they cannot contact anybody at FB.
    It even hinders police investigations because it's impossible to contact anybody!
    How is this even acceptable?
    People are being scammed, children are being groomed....but you cannot contact FB....and they think this is acceptable? :Evil:

8. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

For the time being, I'm not on Facebook and I doubt I will participate with it in the future.

I'm sure the complete damage of uncontrolled social networking on Facebook is unreported, undocumented, and certainly not studied. It's really scary what exploitable social media sites are allowing to happen. So, I'll be doing my own research and continue to find resources. I've found several U.S. major media sites reporting on fraud/scam on Facebook this year. It's been an issue, especially during the Cambridge Analytica political disaster. To me, it's not if Facebook has to change, it's just WHEN.

9. Mango Chutney

Yup....I think so too.
    My husband and I have control of our kids FB accounts. I did the privacy and security settings, I did the blockings.....but my rat and the rat from here on the forum, were still able to contact my kids from unknown fake accounts....it's wrong!
    My kids were receiving death threats and being asked for personal details, like their home address, their mother's phone number etc.....and I could do nothing, as every time we blocked the two rats...they just created new accounts in different names.
    It's really bad.

10. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

This is interesting reading material for anyone interested, on this topic of Facebook (and rats):

EU to crack down on online terrorism and cyber threats
    Companies like Facebook and Google will have to remove terrorist content within the hour
    https://www.thenational.ae/world/eu...n-online-terrorism-and-cyber-threats-1.766935

- AND -

Facebook 'suggested friends' connects ISIS extremists
    The social media giant is under pressure to do more to combat terror activity on its platform
    https://www.thenational.ae/world/th...ted-friends-connects-isis-extremists-1.727783

AmberHeart likes this.
  11. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Mark Zuckerberg Defends Facebook as Furor Over Its Tactics Grows
    By Cecilia Kang, Matthew Rosenberg and Mike Isaac
    November 15th, 2018
    WASHINGTON — On Thursday, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s chief executive and chairman, held a conference call with reporters to discuss how the social network manages problematic posts and its community standards.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/technology/zuckerberg-facebook-sandberg-tactics.html

-And-

More must be done to stop extremist radicalization...

https://www.counterextremism.com/

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    AmberHeart likes this.
  12. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Well, now. Here is ONE petition, if any of you are interested in signing...

In April 2018, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg claimed during a U.S. Senate committee hearing that “99 percent of the ISIS and Al Qaida content that we take down on Facebook, our A.I. systems flag before any human sees it.” Although Mr. Zuckerberg’s refrain of 99 percent may sound impressive, it is not sufficient to tackling the scourge of online extremism.

The 99 percent claim raises questions about the overall amount of ISIS and al-Qaeda content on Facebook, as well as from other extremist and hate groups Mr. Zuckerberg failed to mention. Facebook claims to have removed 1.9 million pieces of ISIS and al-Qaeda content from its platform in the first quarter of 2018. If that figure is accurate, and 99 percent of ISIS and al-Qaeda content uploaded to Facebook during this period equates to 1.9 million pieces, the remaining 1 percent would equate to approximately 19,000 pieces of ISIS and al-Qaeda content left on the platform. That is far too high a figure when we know that content is constantly downloaded, re-uploaded, and shared.

When there is threat of violence and terrorism, tech must seek to achieve 100 percent removal rates. Please sign the petition today and demand further action from Facebook.

https://www.counterextremism.com/content/zuckerberg-99-myth-exposed

AmberHeart, Apples and Mango Chutney like this.
  13. Mango Chutney

More must also be done to stop scammers in their tracks, and to stop children being groomed and sent death threats.
    There are so many social media sites now though....are the others really any safer?

AmberHeart, Apples and Jisela like this.
  14. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

I have deactivated my Facebook. I don’t miss it at all. If people want to reach me, they have my number or they can send me an email. I never gave the rat my email. I used a separate one for Facebook and Instagram because of all the spam and I never even look at that account anymore. I think that social media is due for some intervention and strict regulations. It can’t continue as a free for all for scamming criminals.

15. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

And for us victims of blackmail there is no real link to report it nor real solution. Now what about young victims that are being contacted ending disappeared. Should be a serious follow for such criminal reports.

Mystery, magic, Jisela and 1 other person like this.
  16. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

Indeed it became a platform for them to develop their criminal conduct.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Mystery, Jisela and Brasilgirl like this.