You can ask for official info on line in Tunisia now!

Heidi

Staff member - Moderator
That is great !

This service allows the ordering of official, certified civil status documents online and retrieve them in Tunisia and abroad via post service .

That way you can get, without trouble, the birth certificate of hubby, to find out if you are still married

the nutty professor

Bad Teacher
looks like only birth certs available - marriage certs would have been good too
will only work if marriage registered in municipalite

you also need to know parents and grandparents names for this ..... just tried it there, lol

DarkTown

looks like only birth certs available - marriage certs would have been good too
will only work if marriage registered in municipalite

you also need to know parents and grandparents names for this ..... just tried it there, lol
marriage is mentioned automaticly on birth certificate once happened

Laurence

On the same site, divorce is also mentioned on the birth certificate.

neat

On the same site, divorce is also mentioned on the birth certificate.
Hi Laurence I used that site to get his birth certificate cost around £8 and delivered within a week. I have been take of the birth certificate, notification box of where our marriage detail were is now blank so assume we are divorced. I did not see anything on the site regarding other doc's so need to find out how to obtain divorce papers now. X

Meteorite

Hi Laurence I used that site to get his birth certificate cost around £8 and delivered within a week. I have been take of the birth certificate, notification box of where our marriage detail were is now blank so assume we are divorced. I did not see anything on the site regarding other doc's so need to find out how to obtain divorce papers now. X
Great news you got divorce :D:D well done you are free! So pleased for you and good luck obtaining the divorce papers. xxx

neat

Great news you got divorce :D:D well done you are free! So pleased for you and good luck obtaining the divorce papers. xxx
So this means I am really divorced? Woop woop:D:D:D. We were married in Sakiet so does that mean that is where I will find divorce paper or can I aquire then from elsewhere. Really do not want to go to his little village where all his family live. X

Big Bang Theory

Staff member
So this means I am really divorced? Woop woop:D:D:D. We were married in Sakiet so does that mean that is where I will find divorce paper or can I aquire then from elsewhere. Really do not want to go to his little village where all his family live. X
You don't have to return to Tunisia to get your divorce papers, you can appoint a Tunisian lawyer to do it for you and he/she will know which court to get them from.

But first check out Caramels thread http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/tunisian-lawyers-from-hell-ezzedine-ben-amor.345/

neat

Hi BBT I have just read carmels thread, wow what a lady I just hope things worked out well for her in the end. I will try and contact the solicitor she recommended, Has anyone a rough idea of what charges I should be looking to pay to obtain divorce papers through a Tunisian solicitor?. x

Big Bang Theory

Staff member
Hi BBT I have just read carmels thread, wow what a lady I just hope things worked out well for her in the end. I will try and contact the solicitor she recommended, Has anyone a rough idea of what charges I should be looking to pay to obtain divorce papers through a Tunisian solicitor?. x
Hi neat, sorry, I've no idea of costs but it should be a lot cheaper than a solicitor would cost in the UK. Maybe @Caramel can give you a rough idea ?

neat

Hi all latest update I have contacted a lawer by the name off Oussema Helal from the British Embassy web site. I explained to him that I have my husbands(ex) latest birth certificate and my name is no longer on it and could he possibly get the divorce papers for me and what would the cost of his work be.
He replyed to me today asking me to send him a copy of my ex-husbands birth certificate which the divorce judgement appears in order to allow him retrace it.
The box where my marriage was recorded is blank nothing else in it's place. I am really confused now can anyone throw some light on this please.
Oh and he never mentioned anything about what his fees will be.
Feeling rather stress and confused now. X

simple

Hi all latest update I have contacted a lawer by the name off Oussema Helal from the British Embassy web site. I explained to him that I have my husbands(ex) latest birth certificate and my name is no longer on it and could he possibly get the divorce papers for me and what would the cost of his work be.
He replyed to me today asking me to send him a copy of my ex-husbands birth certificate which the divorce judgement appears in order to allow him retrace it.
The box where my marriage was recorded is blank nothing else in it's place. I am really confused now can anyone throw some light on this please.
Oh and he never mentioned anything about what his fees will be.
Feeling rather stress and confused now. X
This lawyer is quite famous ,in a good way ,,I dont know how much he charges ,but you should send him an email and ask,before you send the document ,,

neat

I have just sent him an email explaing there is no reference to divorce on the birth certificate and that my name and marriage record are no longer on there. I have also requested for a price of his costs if he pursues the case of acquiring the divorce papers. X

simple

I have just sent him an email explaing there is no reference to divorce on the birth certificate and that my name and marriage record are no longer on there. I have also requested for a price of his costs if he pursues the case of acquiring the divorce papers. X
That sounds good ,its always best to ask first.He shoudlnt really charge much for this as it is just a case of emailing relivent depatments in Tunisia and having them faxed or scanned over .

neat

Hi all I have just got a reply from the lawyer today saying " unfortunatly without the place of your divorce and its date we can not find the judgement.Before we talk about fees, would you please provide us with the above mentioned information."
I really am now not sure what to do as I do not know where or when he divorced me. I did message the ex asking for this information and he replyed that he has not divorced me.
Is there anyone that can advice what I am meant to do now. Feeling well stressed and confused with the whole situation.x

Top Bottom